It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temple of Set

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I was doing some research today at work on another Cult/ish group, and I came across this group.

Temple of Set

Curious what you all thought about the group, and the validity of claims that the Left Hand Path, while using the name Satanist is in actuality not, but uses the term to communicate the idea to non "Setians." Juries still out with me, ideas?

I'll post some more thoughts later.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
They aren't a "cult" per se, as they do not require you to live with them and follow all their petty rules every single day of your life until you drink the cool-aid and die.

They are in fact a recognized religion, with all the trimmings.

I've known Setians briefly and they were harmless practioners of basic occult philosphies.

Basically they exist for people who need organization to help them along in their spiritual journey,
some people just need to belong to something, and find most "churches" revolting.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It seems after looking at it, that after the first two initiate degrees, you can move on to different Orders to study various types of Occult teachings. Is there anything specifically different about Setians or is it something anyone could learn from Barnes and Noble?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Now that you mention it, I remember seeing something at borders on them a few years ago while being bored aiting for my mom to check out in the christmas shopping line....

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Well very specific rituals/ceremonies that they might not share in print.
The "group" feeling that comes with joing a religion, which I'm adverse too.

Hard to say without being on the inside, but I really don't think they
hold any great secrets that can be found through study and self practice.
You don't see any Setians pulling off supernatural powers stunts,
or promoting their political agenda practically unchallenged like the neocons.

Its just another of hundreds of religions.

Disinfo.com page on TOS

[edit on 6-7-2005 by Legalizer]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
temple of set? this is an egyptian thing? omg! cool

Does anyone worship thothlar still, he was the egyptian god of knowledge and research I believe and had some dealings with set as far as the priests were concerned (id have to look it up)

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
No Temple of Set is cloaked in Egyptian allegory, it has nothing to do with Ancient Egyptian religious practices other than symbolically. It actually is a spin-off of the Church of Satan and a rift with Anton LaVey. It supposedly is dedicated to the study of Black Magic, although not overtly Satanic it seems like risky business to me the more I read. It is supposedly a very large complex organization.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Sorry 'B' but ancient chinese secret say all paths lead to Rome. Some take long way others take short but all lead same place. Mortality is not a weakness. Man has been made to embrace both the terrestrial and the celestial. Man ascends to heaven to measure it.

edit: spaling

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Qlippoth]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Given your ambiguous and condescending tone in this thread and the cold-hearted #### you were towards Benevolent Heretic, (an extremely well respected member of ATS while you yourself registered only today), on "A Perspective on My Nephew's Death;" good luck on ATS! I hope your stay is short and painful, I'm sure it will be.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Are you wishing me pain and suffering? Wow! Let the truth be known. Condescending??? That is rich, considering the circumstances leading up to my posts. Unreal

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qlippoth
Are you wishing me pain and suffering? Wow! Let the truth be known. Condescending??? That is rich, considering the circumstances leading up to my posts. Unreal

I sure hope you just made a mistake when you posted on BH's thread about her nephew. I am thinking you had to have just posted on the worng thread, because the post did seem out of context. If it is please go edit it and explain you made a mistake.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well, look how quick the tide has turned.No Mr.Niceguy? Are you ready to embrace the light and the dark - to kill the Christ? I AM part of the hive as well..Or did you forget that? I hope you are G-d for both our sakes. The G-d I know created the heavens and the earth. AND he gave his only begotten son so that the world might live. Maybe you missed that.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   

No Mr.Niceguy? Are you ready to embrace the light and the dark

Do i know you? I already embrace the dark and the light...

Do you know what is going to happen?

Or when...

For I am

Do not mess with the affairs of Dragons for you are crispy and taste good with ketchup!

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

No Mr.Niceguy? Are you ready to embrace the light and the dark

Do i know you? I already embrace the dark and the light...

Do you know what is going to happen?

Or when...

For I am

Do not mess with the affairs of Dragons for you are crispy and taste good with ketchup!

Ever see the sky bleed? When love turns red we alll end up dead.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Ok ok wtf is going on here.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Qlippoth~

The Tree of death, also referred to as the Adverse tree, refers to the reflection or opposite aspects of the Tree of Life.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

How would you know about this? This is about...

I hope you are not playing games with me.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Why did you do that respect like that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join