It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bush hurt in bike crash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
President Bush was hurt in a bike crash when he collided with a police officer this evening while attending the G8 summit in Scotland.
His injuries are very minor but the policeman has been taken to hospital as a precaution and has a suspected ankle injury.

www.sky.com
President Bush has collided with a local police officer during a bike ride at the G8 summit at Gleneagles in Scotland.

The American leader suffered scrapes on his hands and arms while the officer was taken to a local hospital.

White House spokesman Scott McClellan said it had been raining lightly when Mr Bush slid off the road.

He had been going at a "pretty good speed", Mr McClellan said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The poor women that announced this as breaking news on the TV earlier was so clearly trying not to laugh. If it had to happen anyone then it would happen to poor old Dubya.
Glad to see they are taking matters seriously anyway...

[edit on 6-7-2005 by AgentSmith]

[edit on 7-7-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Don't count on this becoming a news story. I posted it in the current events forum an hour ago or so and it was moved to BTS withing 10 minutes.

Good for a chuckle though

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
fair enough though:

A contributor voting NO on your submission: (submission) (news) Bush hurt in bike crash has indicated they did so because they feel your topic really isn't appropriate for ATSNN. Keep in mind that ATSNN is the news portal service of a conspiracy and alternative topic community

I don't really see how the top story about us winning the bid for the 2012 olympics fits in with

conspiracy and alternative topic
either to be fair.
Unless of course the consipiracy in that is to try and mask the G8 summit and the plight of the African people which was highlighted in recent days by the Live 8 concerts. How quickly people's priorities appear to change.

I think it's a conspiracy that anyone as powerful as him can be so stupid and clumsy..

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I fear I've just voted to not accept this article. Sorry. I didn't know what I was doing.

As far as the story goes, I can't believe they give him a bike as he can't even handle a pretzel!
What's Cheney going to by George for Christmas next, huh? A pair of roller blades and a faulty helmet?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Can't you all see what is going here? I mean REALLY going on?

The pretzel incident, first bike crash, and now this one.

It is all an act, complete with stunt doubles. An attempt to make Bush seem more human.

And to create a headline they can deal with.

[edit on 6-7-2005 by EvilSockPuppet]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
if your not joking i feel bad for you

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The poor Secret Service guys. Do they have to run along side him like with the motorcade and stuff? Bush is tuff on terror but apparently he's tuff on a huffy too.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by EvilSockPuppet
It is all and act, complete with stunt doubles. An attempt to make Bush seem more human.

And to create a headline they can deal with.

originally posted by Boatphone
if your not joking i feel bad for you

Many people including academics feel that Bush has been dumbing it up for years. Its a political/marketing tactic so that people will relate to him.

Either way Bush has got to be in good shape to be taking these falls all the time he is a 57 year old man.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Bush better get used to coming a cropper due to the law

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If he has to act like that so Americans can relate to him then the US must clearly be the dumbest nation on earth!

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
OMG, that is the funniest thing I have heard today. Almost choked on my coffee.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Bush turned 59 today, not 57.

Beside, Bush love to ride his bike hard and is a speed freak, it's an acknowledged fact. His Secret Service details rode bikes with him, not jog alongside him (now that would be stupid
). No big deal with him sliding off the road, bumped into someone and get scrapped. It happens to every biker in the world, including me.

At least Bush's enjoy riding his bike anywhere, unlike his predecessor who enjoyed riding on interns or stopping at McDonald's after jogging.

[edit on 7/6/2005 by the_oleneo]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Um... yeah what he said...

I ride all the time upstate and you know what... it happens to everyone.

For those who have actually been on a bike (not to be rude, but really) you know quite well, a root, a rock, a crack etc can veer you off your path. Not a big deal when you're on your own, but with other riders around you it can be a hazard.

Quite frankly, the only people that find these things to be newsworthy are either grasping for stories to make Bush look stupid (like you don't have enough to talk about with his policies) or don't get about much. I'm sorry, but a person who even occasionally enjoys outdoor activity wouldn't pay attention to such things.

[edit on 7-6-2005 by Djarums]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Bush suffered "mild to moderate" scrapes on his hands and arms that required bandages by the White House physician, said White House spokesman Scott McClellan. The accident occurred on asphalt, McClellan said. It was raining lightly at the time, and Bush was wearing a helmet.

No trailblazing from Dubya this time.

Gerald Ford's impeccable record as a klutz is severely threatened by the incompetent corrupt incumbent POTUS.

Was Gerald Ford really a klutz?
www.school-for-champions.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well Flyer, unfortunately you're not far off!!!

That being said, Umbrax also may be pointing out a very likely possibility. Dubya, as we all know, isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, that is for sure. But to believe that he is as Dopey, Clumsy and Verbally Handicaped as he's made out to be, is very dangerous indeed. Rove has even been quoted in at least one interview saying, "I can't explain why they underestimate him, but they do. Whatever the reason, I hope they keep doing it."

He failed in the public eye when first attempting his political career and he learned a very good lesson. For some insane reason, and lucky for Dubya in the long run, people don't like to vote for someone too much smarter than themselves. Instead they vote for someone who they feel is more like them, in this case, more goofy and illiterate than a 3-legged hippo. It was only when he promoted himself as the Texas Good 'ol Boy and stereotypical Oil Tycoon instead of the Ivy Legue Rich boy that he finally got elected.

He was not born stupid. He chose stupidity. Bush may look like a well-meaning dolt. On consideration, he's something far more dangerous: a dedicated fool that we continue to "misunderestimate".

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
~ Douglas Adams

You don't have to fool all the people all of the time; you just have to fool enough to get elected.
~ Gerald Barzan

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Where was the press when I took a nose-dive last weekend into the bushes?

All people who mountain bike accept the fact that they'll land ass-up in the ditch one in a while.....President or not, why the hell should I care?

Pop a few aspirin, slap your camelbak back on and keep on steady down the trail.....

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
this clown is such an embarrasment now...no to kyoto, no to increased african aid, pre-emptive wars, and he can't even ride a bike.....

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Dear all,

Here in God's Country (Scotland to those who do not know) we have a word to describe someone who does something like this.

The word is ...... FUD !!!!

Cheers

BHR

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Dear everyone here,

*shrug*

later.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
heck the guy even has a comedy show dedicated to him, just saw it the other day....he is a comic releif character more than a president

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join