It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

orbs in North Carolina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It was in 1993 that a friend of mine and myself were camping in the Linville Wilderness Gorge in North Carolina. It was early evening and we had a small campfire going.
Linville Wilderness Gorge is a large canyon carved out by the Linville River. Shortoff Mountain is one of the larger mountains and has about a 1500ft. sheer face. It can only be reached by foot.
We are at the top of Shortoff Mtn just enjoying the peace and serenity of the area. I look over at the opposite ridgeline and notice two large headlights moving slowly through woods. I say to my friend, "How in the world did they get that 4x4 up on top of that mountain?" I was born and raised not 5 miles from the place and had been up there many, many times. I knew that there were no roads up on top of that mountain.
For about 5 minutes, we watched the two lights move across the ridgeline. When they got to a point on the ridge opposite us to where they were more or less directly across from us, we realized that this was no truck! The "lights" turned to us and we could feel the intensity of the light on our faces. It was not hot, but you could feel the energy. Needless to say, this scared the mess out of us. My friend is about 6' 3" and 230 lbs and am 5' 8" with a muscular build, but both of us are about crapping our pants! We start to kick out the fire with our boots; quickly covering it up with as much dirt as we can. We are fearing that these things that we are seeing are coming for us! After we get the fire out, we just sit there and wait. There is no way to hike down this mountain in the nighttime. It is too steep and dangerous and people get easily lost in this gorge.
We get the fire out and we see these two large glowing orbs of light start to make their way down the opposite ridge, heading to the bottom valley where the river runs through. They kind of zig zag there way down. When they reach close to the bottom the sort of roll/turn and back up the gorge, following close to the river, in the direction they came from. All of this transpired over a time of about 10 minutes.
All I can remember about this is our initial sighting of the orbs; feeling the light on my face; kicking the fire out; and then them leaving. I don't remember the rest of the evening. This could be due to the trama of what we saw. I'm not sure. I did not feel like these things were harmful until I felt that light on my face. My jaw starts to chatter and goosebumps run over my whole body just recounting the event.
I am familiar with the Brown Mountain lights, but this was NOT the Brown Mountain Lights. I have seen the Brown Mountain lights on several occasions and this was not even close. These orbs had an intelligence driving/moving them.
The distance across the gorge is around 1/2 mile to 1 mile across. If I had to venture a guess, I would say that the orbs I saw were probably close to being 15-20 yards in diameter. I could not see anything inside of these orbs, only brilliant light.
They moved without sound and were obviously very agile.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Interesting account. I can tell it scared the hell out of you. It would have scared me to as that area is isolated. It would take hours just to summon help.

You might want to check out another ATS category: Military and Government Facilities. There are several threads regarding secret military bases in North Carolina, one is supposed to be near Black Mountain, NC.

North Carolina seems to be very attractive to UFO's.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thanks Highhorse! I will check those threads out.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kongfuey
Thanks Highhorse! I will check those threads out.

Kongfuey, I have been chasing these darn orbs around for around 25 years now. You may want to avail yourself to a web page I put together on the subject.

In my research on the subject I have found that encounters of 1, 2, or 3 of these orbs are mostly negative in nature. While encounters with more that that are quite breathtaking, and positive.

It may take some time to load the page as it is graphic intensive.

www.mindtoysrus.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I too have had an experience with one of these "Orbs" , the one I witnessed was much smaller than the one your descibing. Other than that it sounds as if your experience was similar to my own.

My Encounter

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Lost Shaman,
The experiences are very similar. What part of the country were you in when this occured? Surely there must be more people who have had this type of encounter. I wonder what and if the role of water plays into any of this since both encounters took place in some sort of river system...

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
All Seeing Eye,
Thanks for your link. There is a lot of info there! In your research, has anyone had any type of physical contact with these orbs? Has anyone ever seen anything inside of these? All I could see was light, as if the whole "craft?" was made of this light. It seems as if there would be some sort of structure to it. Also, are there any ideas as to what type of agenda these orbs are following? Thank you all. Much respect!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
North Texas approx. 9 miles South/Southwest of Vernon, TX.

You ask if anyone has ever seen inside of these lights, the answer is yes.

Lt.Col. Hollanda headed an Operation in Brazil Aug-Dec '77 . He was able to photograph the objects using UV and Infra-Red film. They are said to be, some of them at least, small Cyliders or " Sounding leads".

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It was the head of George Linville floating around. He was beheaded by the Cherokee and they threw his head into the gorge.

Since you live so close, your knowledge if the gorge is certainly superior to mine but I've hiked Devil's Hole trail at least more times than I can count. Never saw anything wierd except lots of snakes and the occasional very lost yuppy.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I just read this report from UFO ROUNDUP Volume 10 # 28 July 13, 2005.

Scroll down to UFO STALLS CAR NEAR SARGENT, TEXAS

Its very similar to what we are talking about.

Notice when the woman describes the same type of movement or undulating I described in my encounter.

Also ,Sargent TX is close to the Gulf of Mexico , that would be consistent with my theory that these are related to the Events in Brazil '77, in that "The Objects " seem to take advantage of coastal areas , originating , not always , but often from large bodies of water, or concealing themselves in bodies of water.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
'93 huh? And you grew up near there? Cool.

I lived in Boone up until '93 and spent alot of time up on Wiseman's View (overlooking the gorge). Actually was just up there again this year.

You're aware of the ATV's that play up there right? Not saying it couldn't have been something else, but there's considerable access if you really want to get somewhere.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hey, Rant!
There are some trails used by ATVs near there, but they mostly use old fireroads. I am not sure if ATVs can acces the part of the gorge I am talking about though. I am an avid rider of on and offroad motorcycles. I am familiar with the loudness of the 4stroke and 2stroke engines and I didn't hear a peep coming from these lights. When I first saw them, I thought that it was a huge flood light of some 4x4, but the lights were also able to come down the side of the gorge with amazing agility and speed only then to cut back up the gorge. I am going to attempt to post a picture of Linville Gorge. Shortoff Mountain is the mountain in the uppermost left corner of the picture. I was camping about 25? yards from the edge. There is a little clearing of pine trees there on top. I was looking across the gorge...to the right side of the canyon in the photo.

www.southeastclimbing.com...

Hope this photo works!
A lot of this area on top of the ridges; especially Table Rock, was used for ceremonial purposes by the Cherokee. Maybe they had a connection to these visiting orbs?
Wiseman's View is gorgeous isn't it? Beats the heck out of the desert, where I am now:^) I miss the green!
Thanks everyone for the inputs! Love and Respect!

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I used to work with a lady down on Howard St. in Boone and she told me that once, her and her husband were driving home taking the Blue Ridge Parkway. They were right past the Lynn Cove Viaduct when to the right of them, rose a large saucer shaped UFO. She made it sound as if it was something right out of Spielberg's "Close Encounter". Multi colored lights and gently lifting up towards the sky. She was pretty straight laced and I don't think that the multi colored lights were the remnants of anything ASU related! _javascript:icon('
')
_javascript:icon('
')

new topics

top topics

join