It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Changing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Would it be possible to transplant a brain as you can do with a heart or basically any other organ in a living thing?

Say two people wanted a SRS (Sex Reassignment Surgery), one was a male, one was a female. They would just transplant the brains.

Would the brain be able to keep the life functions up in a new body? Would it begin to produce the hormones needed to keep things up and running in a different gender? Would the DNA for sex be "confused"?

It would be pretty interesting though I think that would be pretty much the only thing you would need it for, unless you're getting old, someone young dies and theres no way to fix them, and you take their body?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The obvious point to make is the paralysis that would be caused. Right now this is a problem, but possibly this could be addressed in the next 50 years or so. My biggest fear however would be my body 'rejecting' my head

On a serious note, for whatever reason I am unsure, but there have been some head transplants..... clicky

I doubt surgically skill could replace a brain anytime soon, but a whole head is much more likely.

Interesting and unconsidered thought before on the gender makeup of the brain.....not sure tbh what would happen when it comes down to the hormones, I doubt a definitive answer on this matter is possible at the moment.

edit because link fluffed up

[edit on 6-7-2005 by Strodyn]

new topics

join