It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq safety tips

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Although this post is mostly in jest, it’s kind of true and I thought it would be appropriate here. At the very least, we can all enjoy a little break from the typical “doom and gloom” posts we all read and post in this forum (mods move it if you do not agree please)

Ever notice how many “home” video’s there are out there of an insurgents or terrorist attacks in Iraq? I.e. videos made by the perpetrators of the act as a propaganda tool? Well, I just watched a few and I started to think about something and made two observations: The guy making the video never seems to get hurt, and they are obviously part of the terrorists group themselves (duh).

Well, taking these two observations into account, I have come up with a few safety tips for civilians and military personnel in Iraq.

Tip #1 (For civilians)
If you see anybody taping an object or person in Iraq with a personal video camera, leave the area immediately. If you don’t have time to leave all together, at the very least go stand next to the guy with the camera, as he never seems to get hurt.

Tip #2 (For military personnel)
If you see anybody taping using a personal video camera, shoot them immediately as they are most likely a terrorist. Then shoot everything they were filming, as something there must have been part of their plot.

Tip #3 (For civilians)
Don’t use a personal video camera while in Iraq, see tip #2

I hope these tips are helpful to all whom they may apply.

[edit on 6-7-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ooo, I'll have to remember those if I do end up getting to go out to Iraq to train some Army meds on how to use our medical device!

Leave the video cameras at home, folks!

If I do end up getting to go (really up in the air, but looking unlikely
) I'm sure I'll be able to share some more safety tips.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I went with safety tip #0) Stay away from Iraq.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
I went with safety tip #0) Stay away from Iraq.

I'm hoping not to

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a humerous way of putting it. also your main reasoning is prety much sound. can't have the guy tapeing it die as that would waste what they did in the first place.

how about safety tip number 4? shoot everything that moves. a surefire way to get them. bad for pr though.
the old kill em all let God sort it out. rather messy but increases your chance of survival due to no one getting close to you without being killed.

new topics

top topics

join