It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

im sure somebody ask this question before but what is the difference between a moderator and a super

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
and also how do u become a moderator? thank you.
if its answered already just point me in that direction.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well, SUPER-Moderators get to wear capes.

As for how to become one, they must successfully complete the Rite of AshkEnte and then the Trial of Terrors.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It's also a major chance they take. The price for failure in the Trial of Terrors is death, and we have lost many-a-moderators trying to complete that Trial.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
about 20 IQ points

(its a JOKE)

[edit on 6-7-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Pie, the Super Mods get free pie, the others get nothing.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

im sure somebody ask this question before but what is the difference between a moderator and a super

and also how do u become a moderator? thank you. if its answered already just point me in that direction.

It's really just the cape....

Seriously though..

A Supermod can perform functions in ANY forum. A Moderator can only perform functions in the forums they are assigned to.

Supermods can do other things that mods can't, such as more board admin stuff, like reimburse points, help with password issues, etc.

A Supermod is considered "senior staff", while we mods are "staff".

As to how to become one, the first rule is don't ask (too late huh?). No, seriously, once a member has been around a while, shows intelligence, honesty, and ability to diffuse tense situations, etc., and of course, when more staff (or filling an opening) are needed...the staff all convene and nominate members (all behind closed doors), and then eventually come to a concensus, and then invite the member to be a mod.

Supermods are appointed by senior staff, promoting a mod to super, usually when the need arises for another such staff member.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It's not only the cape, SuperMods get to wear this really handy dandy utility belt
external image

Not sure what they keep in it, but after a close encounter with one of them, I caught a glimpse of skittles and something that looked like the handle of a hammer, not sure where the rest of it was hidden though

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
so none of that Trial of Terrors or other stuff the other members provided?
. aww well i thought maybe i could try my hands on it.
in anicase thanks for answering. i hope im looking good to those watching me.......(looks over my shoulder).

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well, once nominated, the prospective mod then has to go through the Trial of Terrors...

If you've ever seen "The Golden Child", it's kind of like that (but with beer instead of water)....

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The Super Moderators get the power to bend time and space to their will, the Moderators only get the power to bring the Super Moderators coffee.

That's how Super they are.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well, we weren't supposed to tell anyone the difference, but as this is PTS and not ATS, I'll tell you guys:
Please, don't tell the folks over at ATS. You know how conspiratorial they are!

Sorry, I thought each board had its own Board Questions forum. As this is not the case, I had to delete my response.
Sorry.
[edit on 6-7-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

[edit on 6-7-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well, the only rea difference, other than those mentioned already is......

Er, ah, except Thomas. I WAS JOKING!

TC, NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
ATS Mods, the only other way to sit at home doing almost nothing while recieving a government check for it!

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Thomas, you would think a Super Mod would know that

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The size of their butts.

excuse me, I meant buttons. pffffft *

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Thomas, you would think a Super Mod would know that

No, a good Super would have known that!

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Well, the only rea difference, other than those mentioned already is......

That is true.

"Super" is applied to Moderators who are being invalided out as superannuitants. It is sad that as our fellow creatures age they are put out to pasture. It seems like an endless cycle... and yet... is there any justice in it?

ATS needs a good "gray" power movement.

[edit on 6-7-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
From what I understand, the regular moderators are much more attractive than the super-mods. Once you become, sarcastic, battle-scarred, and ugly they promote you to being a super-mod. And I think the cape thing is true as well.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Dreddnaught

Originally posted by intrepid
Er, ah, except Thomas. I WAS JOKING!

TC, NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

“Put down your weapons and prepare to be judged!”*

*Unless there's no more coffee left, in which case you're pretty much safe.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well, I wanted to be a moderator for the money, until I heard they don't get but US$20 thousand a year, so forget THAT chump-change racket.

I'm still sticking around ATS, but it's not for the money any more.

It's for the women.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join