It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five American insurgents being detained in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is an interesting story.
Apparently five Americans have been detained in Iraq for involvement in insurgent activities. One of the men, a Jordanian-American, is suspected of having high-level ties with Abu Musab al Zarqawi.

kentucky.com
WASHINGTON - The U.S. military is holding five U.S. citizens suspected of insurgent activities in Iraq, a Pentagon spokesman said Wednesday.

They were captured separately and don't appear to have ties to one another, spokesman Bryan Whitman said. He declined to identify them, citing a Pentagon policy that prohibits identification of detainees.

Three of those being detained are Iraqi-Americans; another is an Iranian-American; the fifth is a Jordanian-American, Whitman said. The three Iraqi-Americans were captured in April, May and June, officials said. The Iranian-American was captured May 17, one official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the cases.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Pritty great.

So now when someone reads this in the US, they go out in the street and see an Arab looking person, thinking he could be a future insurgent in Iraq, lets linch him ...

The Path laying they are.
Dark the future looks indeed.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
In the eyes of many, these people are not Americans anymore.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Im with groingrinder, if found guilty these people are no longer Americans. Send the whole bunch to Guantanamo Bay and ship their families in America to their home country.

I mean why would a guy be driving around with over a dozen washing-machine timers in his trunk? Don't tell me he is Maytag repairman that only specializes in one part of the washer....the timer.

Maximu§

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
OMG, America is supporting the insurgents, we must invade America NOW before it's too late!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
OMG, America is supporting the insurgents, we must invade America NOW before it's too late!!!

excuse me but i think the U.S. govt neither provided money or transport to these guys to go to Iraq and attack our own troops.
maybe u like to invade, ill wait for u, just provide me wat u look like. like a pic or somthing.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
How do you know I haven't invaded already?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Ace, et al, anyone bothering to read an article on this would "discover" that the origins of these 5 so-called Americans are:

article

3 Iraqis
1 Jordanian and
1 Iranian

Excerpt:

Three of those being detained are Iraqi-Americans; another is an Iranian-American; the fifth is a Jordanian-American, Whitman said. The three Iraqi-Americans were captured in April, May and June, officials said. The Iranian-American was captured May 17, one official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the cases.

What a shock!

These vermin are nothing more than traitors to their adopted country.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The liberal left will just yes this as ammo for their anti-american campaign. They will say "look even americans hate america!".
I really wish we had better screening methods of new american citizens.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
These people should be tried for treason by military tribunal and shot or hung or whatever they do to traitors nowadays.

The actions of these people definitely fit the Constitutional definition of treason:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

so which American insurgent u gonna kill?
, ill try to be discreet while i plant an IED near yer driveway.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

so which American insurgent u gonna kill?
, ill try to be discreet while i plant an IED near yer driveway.

Are you suggesting that they need to start with you?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Are you suggesting that they need to start with you?

depends on who they is? in anicase xmotex has invaded so i thought maybe i just be acting like one of those insurgents in Iraq and record it on video and shout Allah.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Won't do any good, I always inspect my driveway for IED's before I leave the house. People tell me I'm paranoid, I say it's only common sense to be paranoid when everybody's out to get you

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
These people don't even deserve to be considered American citizens they don't deserve our rights they should be stripped of their citizenship after they are shot for treason.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
GITMO, HELL NO.....HANG THE TRAITORS......THATS WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
What's this silliness??? American's? Rights? I thought they already traded that away?? For patriotism, or something?

Man, you are a stange animal. - Gowen.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This is not new it happened during WWII. German and Japanese Americans fought for the axis side. The difference than and now is that these traitors were usually executed on the spot of there detention.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The difference than and now is that these traitors were usually executed on the spot of there detention.

Uh, sure. Got any evidence for this?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
hang 'em high.......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join