It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Tests Land-Based Defense Missile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
VANDENBERG AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. - A missile was launched Saturday in a test of its flight performance and potential for use as part of a land-based defense system....

Full Story
---------------------------------------------------
I hope all works out, this defense system is key to our security.

[Edited on 17-8-2003 by Midnight Mutilator]

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Now you have MacAtrhur as an avatar.. that dude was mentally ill.. Tried to OVER RULE US PRESIDENT and WANTED TO BOMB A NUCLER "BARRICADE" AT YAGTSE RIVER AT THE BEGINING OF KOREAN WAR.. Good choise.. suites you well..

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I think, somewhat, this anti-missile/ICBM technology is a worthy project and one to pursue. The problem I have with it is:

1) The mega-amounts of funds and resources going into it being "soon-to-be-deployed" could be seriously used in further research and testing or in looking at and testing other various weapons platforms. I don't see the economical feasibility of this program to be honest, at least at this time.

I understand that this is a vital component to our national defense/security but I question it alot, actually quite alot. It reminds me of France's Maginot Line and the enormous amounts of resources and funds that were literally wasted in creating it and its unfounded concept of making a nation "feel secure." In creating the Maginot Line, as with this anti-missile program, will it not truly only be giving a nation and its people a false sense of security and invulnerability?

I remain optimistic but my concerns are not of the ICBM nature. They revolve around those mass destruction weapon platforms that can be carried into this country without hamperance from an anti-missile system. They revolve around cantainer ships and a "dirty bomb" or "mini-nuke" being placed in one of several hundred such 'containers' on a ship entering a harbor into this country. They revolve around those 100+ "suitcase nukes" that the Russian have not accounted for and are listing them as "missing".....

This anti-missile technology has a very possible future application, but I would as soon as see 'our' taxpayer money spent on worthier programs....building back up social security, health care programs, etc. Hell, I would even go as far as a laser anti-missile system verses a missile to missile/ICBM system.

This nation's priorites are in the wrong place and as usual, so is our hard earned tax-payer dollars. I still remember them $20,000 toilet seats.....

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 17-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Uninen, also keep in mind he was a decorated war hero as a general...

new topics

top topics

join