It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South America signs in the ground , please tell me ....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Hello

The reason I am making this thread is because I need to know where, and mabye some pictures of where this is.

Its in south america

A lot of signs ingraved in the ground like : A bird, humanshaped etc

I do not have any more clues than this other than you can only spot it by plane and it was spotted sometime ine 1940-48 I think ....

Please help me on this one

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
your talking about the nazca lines in peru.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think you may be talking about a place in Peru.

Check this link and see if that helps:

images.google.ca...

Edit to add - The Force is strong with you XphilesPhan. In the time it took me to find the link (seconds) you had the answer posted.

[edit on 6-7-2005 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I think you may be talking about a place in Peru.

Check this link and see if that helps:

images.google.ca...

Now that helped alot thank you

Anyway when we are on the disscusion , who do you think created those signs ?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Giant radio-active rabid apes or humans, I think the first though.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I know for a fact that the theory about the Giant radio-active rabid apes has been disproven everytime its brought up.

Seriously though, I did a quick ATS search with just "nazca lines" and got a bunch of hits back. Take a look though some of those threads and you will find tons of links to all kinds of stuff.

Happy Hunting. Sorry I can't offer an opinion as to the origin of the lines, but other than a curiosity, I've never done any reading on this one.

(disclaimer) The term "Happy Hunting" in no way reflects the views of the author concerning the sport of hunting when said hunting includes Giant radio-active rabid apes.

[edit on 6-7-2005 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Nope! The giant radio activated ape theory evolved into radio controlled semi-alien humanoids around 2003 according to Dr. Yrag Kesulab, a work in progress.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
(eyes garyo1954... you are sooooo silly! I may have to steal that giant radioactive apes concept...)

The Nazca lines are known as "geoglyphs" and they are a type of drawing made by Native Americans (in this case, in Peru.) There are a number of geoglyphs around both North and South America; although the Nazca Lines are the most famous, there are some wonderful cougar geoglyphs in California.

Geoglyphs also exist in other places around the world... the White Horse in England is another good example. However, that one was done by Celts and not Native Americans.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I've flown over the lines in a 4-seater aeroplane and they are so amazing... very obvious from the air they at they are done in a dried up river bed so personally I believe in the "appealing to the Gods because of drought" theories.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I found the Nazca Lines on Google Satallite Maps after extensive searching. You can see the lines from high up but the figures are a blur, you will only identify them if you know where they are. I have the image centered over the lines.

Nazca Lines

If you find and figures please tell us the locations.

Makes you think if those strange shapes in the Arazona desert were actually man-made, because the have quite a resemblance.

[edit on 7/8/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldEagle
Makes you think if those strange shapes in the Arazona desert were actually man-made, because the have quite a resemblance.

You've gotten my curiosity up GoldEagle. What are you talking about here?
Any pictures or a link so I can look it up?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I'd also like to see it, unless he means the bombing targets in Nevada.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
I'd also like to see it, unless he means the bombing targets in Nevada.

I said that there are found around that area, and they are of simular figures. I only heard of this but never actualy saw them. I'll look for them and see what comes up.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
(eyes garyo1954... you are sooooo silly! I may have to steal that giant radioactive apes concept...)

That was so my theory!

Vengence will be mine!

-goes to draw shapes in the ground in the garden, to his gods
-

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
i don't where i have seen this but i read once the Nazca (and possible also other native americans) had hot air balloons. They used them during ceremonies to please the gods, to ask for rain bla bla... :-P

I'll do some research because now i remember an article where it is mentioned Atlantis has something do with these wonderful lines.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by frges
i don't where i have seen this but i read once the Nazca (and possible also other native americans) had hot air balloons. They used them during ceremonies to please the gods, to ask for rain bla bla... :-P

I'll do some research because now i remember an article where it is mentioned Atlantis has something do with these wonderful lines.

Hot air balloons. HI-larious! The Nazca built the lines in the shape of animals for the same reason we build churches in the shape of the cross. Because God lives in the sky

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
The Nazca built the lines in the shape of animals for the same reason we build churches in the shape of the cross. Because God lives in the sky

Its worse than that. Our tribal legends say our Ancestors came from up there, among the stars. Byrd is going to have a bad hair day because I said that, but I've had my daily beer and I can't help but tell the truth.

Fascinating that the 'runway' is what is visible on that satellite photo- great link!

As a pilot, I can't help but notice that the 'runway' is aligned correctly for an approach to that dry lake for a landing from orbit... rather like a traffic pattern indicator at a modern airport...

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
they could have flown:

It has been proposed that some ancient civilisations developed manned hot air balloon flight. For example it has been proposed that the Nazca lines (which can only be seen from the air) presuppose some form of manned flight, and a balloon was the only possible available technology that could have achieved this. Julian Nott designed and built a balloon using woven cotton fabric and a Torta reed gondola, both readily available to the peoples who made the Nazca lines. Heating the air in the balloon with a wood fire, Nott flew over the Nazca Plains. Nott comments that there is no evidence of any kind that that ancient peoples did fly but this flight proved beyond doubt that most early civilizations could have flown: all they needed was a loom and fire.

en.wikipedia.org...(aircraft)

top topics

join