It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing odd things

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
" crazy christians should be ashamed for promoting "possession" nonsense"

Alrighty, and what then of Muslims who believe in Jinns that can talk to you, and are known for 'being liars'?

Nice try but the Muslims aren't on this forum suggesting stupidity as a cure for insanity.

And then what of people who don't belong to any Church, but believe in life in any non-human entities of any sort?

Christianity is not single unified church.
Belief in non-human entities? You mean like mosquitos, cats, birds and single celled organisms?

Should they also be getting screened for being 'open-minded about the wrong things'?

If such individuals are suggesting to a mentally ill person that invisible entities are bothering them, and they have no proof, no direct experience with this persons problems, then yes,
they are dangerously mentally ill themselves, or just ignorant.

Can I be anymore clear?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Note I said I HAD a mental disorder (suicide). I've gotten over it, meaning there is no more problem.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFRemmy
Note I said I HAD a mental disorder (suicide). I've gotten over it, meaning there is no more problem.

Now you are hearing voices, there is still a problem.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I've had this for a long time.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
God bless you mate im sorry to hear the stuff that has happened to you, ill be praying tonight for you so that you will be comforted, i would say to visit an old church, just to sit and think, you may need to be comforted there and there will be someone there to help you, if you know what I meen.

Keep strong mate, those voices are just unhappiness manifesting, try and meditate a little, think about how you might have been created or what you might have learnt through your ordeals. Always concerntrate on the good, just look at the sky at night, no matter how dark, there will always be a light, no matter how small.

God bless!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Legalizer, you are the only one who perceives problems where others see help.

He has had voices longer than he has had a 'history of mental problems' as you would put it.

So who is really being more helpful, someone who says "Its not your fault", or someone who says "You're lying to us! Either you are crazy, or you are making it up! Get back on the damn drugs, and do us a favor!"

"Belief in non-human entities? You mean like mosquitos, cats, birds and single celled organisms? "

Right, how about this, non-PHYSICAL human-like entities...

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
There are simple physical problems that can cause psychiatric symptoms. You should talk to your mental health provider to be sure those have been eliminated. If the voices return you should have a neurological workup.

How long have you had this problem? You said for some time but didn't give specifics.

You mentioned computer video games. How much time do you spend doing that? Where do you play them?

My interest is a problem that can cause a sudden dissociative/psychotic mental break. My site is about a conflict of physiology that was discovered because it did cause mental events for Knowledge workers about fifty years ago. The Cubicle prevents those episodes in business offices.

But this is a problem that can happen anywhere someone creates those same circumstances in computer workstations and student study areas

Visit my site and start with the Demonstration page and the Everquest Connection. Read ...Prevention... at the bottom of most site pages.

Find someone to confide in and call that person when you think you will have a problem. There is help in St. Louis. It will be free. There will be outpatient services available to you.

Don't try to deal with this alone.

If the information on my site rings a bell with you change the behaviors you have that cause exposure to the problem.

You can reach me through email links on the site. But I am disabled and deal with a lot of pain. I take pain medications and am usually slow to read and answer email.

I have limited resources but if you think it will help I will phone you.

Again...Don't try to deal with this alone.

Larry,

VisionAndPsychosis.Net...

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by L K Tucker

How long have you had this problem? You said for some time but didn't give specifics.

Since I was about 7

You mentioned computer video games. How much time do you spend doing that? Where do you play them?

During the summer....4 or 5 hours, during the school year...2 or 3 hours. The Only online game I play is www.star-fury.com. It has a lot of romanians so that's how I learned a tiny bit of that. Though I forgot it all.

Weird thing is, now that I've started soccer for my high school, my parents have been going out a lot, and leaving me home alone but I'm not hearing anything. I doubt they just suddenly went away, just had to add that in.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join