It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing odd things

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is my first post in ATS, but I've been around the site for a year almost two. Anyway...

The background of the story and thing to remember is I have bigtime abandonment issues. Everyone I've ever cared for has died or left. My grandparents all died when I was 3, My mom left us, so did our dad, and I went to live with my aunt. Her husband died when I was 8, been living with her since and she's remarried. To top it off, the girlfriend I had truly loved and known literally since I was born (5 minutes ahead of her) died when I was 14. I'm 15 now, and a lot more has happened I just felt like getting the major stuff out

Now occasionally when everyone leaves the house and I'm home alone, I'll start hearing voices in my head. Hateful, demonic voices. Telling me to commit suicide, vandalize things, really random things, but bad in nature. I've gotten used to hearing them and they don't bother me as much anymore, and I've figured out turning on the stereo drowns them out. I mean, how much would you like sticking aruond when Barbara Streisand is on the record player? But, as soon as the garage door opens and someone gets home, they stop. Oh yeah, I forgot, this started right after my mom left.

Now I realize I may just be making the voices up in my head to comfort myself, it's just strange to me that the nature of what I'm hearing is so bad. So aside from the fact I'm possibly just making this all up in my head, are there any other possibilities?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Sounds like you got an unfair helping of difficult things in your life. I am sure it has been tough on you. When too many horrible things happen to a person, sometimes it can cause your mind to compensate in ways that aren't so pleasant

If I were you, I would find a combo of a psychologist to do therapy with and a psychiatrist to check all your blood chemical levels and prescribe drugs if necessary.

I am not saying you are crazy, but with all you have been through, it may have just been too much to handle

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Everthing in life has an ending so don't feel that you are the reason that abandonment is happening.

Parents, siblings, and relatives die everyday as do the occasional girlfriend. (Take OJ for instance) and of course girlfriends sometimes just have a change of heart as I'm sure you will also learn and have during your long life.

I'm sorry that you lost your g/f but you have to move on in life and get another.

I don't think you're crazy, I think your mind is just having a pity party for you, so find some happier things in life and move along.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
pool: I've been going to a psychiatrist since I was 8

lanotom: I realize things are going to happen, I've moved on with their deaths, my problem stems from the fear of losing more people. I realize people die and girlfriends will change minds and such, and.....I lost what I was going to say...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Does your psychiatrist know you are hearing voices? Are you diagnosed with schizophrenia?
Are you on medication? If so it may be time to change medecines, you may be tolerant to them, and your inherit psychosis may be surfacing, or the drugs you are on for one problem could be causing these voices.

Get involved in something that keeps you from being alone, anything, a crap job or volunteer work.
You need to keep from dwelling on your loneliness.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFRemmy

Now occasionally when everyone leaves the house and I'm home alone, I'll start hearing voices in my head. Hateful, demonic voices. Telling me to commit suicide, vandalize things, really random things, but bad in nature. I've gotten used to hearing them and they don't bother me as much anymore, and I've figured out turning on the stereo drowns them out. I mean, how much would you like sticking aruond when Barbara Streisand is on the record player? But, as soon as the garage door opens and someone gets home, they stop. Oh yeah, I forgot, this started right after my mom left.

Now I realize I may just be making the voices up in my head to comfort myself, it's just strange to me that the nature of what I'm hearing is so bad. So aside from the fact I'm possibly just making this all up in my head, are there any other possibilities?

You are not alone in your experience. The fact that the voices are telling you to harm yourself may have to do with your subconscious feeling of worthlessness due to your loss. It is not uncommon for children to internalize loss as their fault. You are old enough now to tell the voices that you do have worth and that you are not going to listen to them.

That the voices only come when you are alone makes me feel that you still have alot of work to do with your shrink to help you overcome your fear of loss. I know the voices can be annoying and frightening sometimes, but with work and maybe the proper medication, this too can be overcome. Luck to you

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
Does your psychiatrist know you are hearing voices? Are you diagnosed with schizophrenia?
Are you on medication?.

Get involved in something that keeps you from being alone, anything, a crap job or volunteer work.
You need to keep from dwelling on your loneliness.

Nope, they did some test for schizo and I came back negative

No medication

I do a lot of sports

I'm not really dwelling on my lonliness, I'm really over most of it. I just put that in there because it adds a little helpfulness to the story.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Though it may be unlikely, maybe you are possessed? I have read several accounts of people who have had exorcisms and they described hearing demon like voices telling them to harm themselves and others. It's a possibility.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Doesn't being posessed come with doing really weird things and such? Bad stuff of course.

But I think I'm not, I'm your normal teenager, prone to mood swings, enjoys hanigng with friends. Only thing that makes me abnormal from most is my love of politics, military systems, and ufo's and paranormal stuff.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Doesn't being posessed come with doing really weird things and such? Bad stuff of course.

Well yes, and then no. Can you give me some examples of these weird things?

But I think I'm not, I'm your normal teenager, prone to mood swings, enjoys hanigng with friends. Only thing that makes me abnormal from most is my love of politics, military systems, and ufo's and paranormal stuff.

Everyone is a potential target for a possession.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
From everything I've read on here about possession it's usually followed by knowing languages you ocldn't possibly know, really weird habits, drastic changes in attitude, decreased sociability, and that's really all I can remember at the time.

Only other language I know is Spanish...that they teach you in any high school. Though I want to learn Arabic, Russian, and Hebrew (so I can speak with my current gf's family for once besides using paper). I'm still acting the same as I always have, and I'm still really social as I've always been. I'd say it's 99% safe to rule out possession, though yeah anyone's up for it.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Then most likely it is something mental.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Ohhhhhhh, I am now mad at God!

Why can't he learn new tricks? I mean look at it.....we now know all the things that could possibly be symptoms of possession.

Why does God only do things once? I mean he took the pastor our of the bar, but don't you go in that bar.....nope God will leave you there!

Young man all tis is to say if you are not possessed then you are suffering from what is called a fear factor......you are afraid of people leaving and not returning...and since you don't want the bad news....well gee! Why don't we kill ourselves?

Or take our anger out on innocent others so we can get some real attention and real help for our problem......

I am sorry your shrink won't tell you....your psych won't tell you....until you tell them the truth. Then they can help.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
first of all, I am very sorry to hear of all your loss and sorrow. noone deserves that. but i agree with what was said before, if these voices are telling you to do bad things to yourself or others, then you should definitely have your chemical levels checked out, just in case. i do not in any way think that you are crazy or anything, but there might be meds they can perscribe you to make the voices stop.

i really hope all goes well for you and wish you all the best! good luck with everything and may good things come your way!

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Don't listen to that guy, never take drugs they can send you over the edge and you probably will commit suicide. Try confront the voice and see what happens. As long as you are in control of yourself if you keep ignoring them they should go away. You should get a hobby or something else to keep your mind busy, something enjoyable. Having such a hard life can change a person but i am sure it has only made you stronger. It seems as all the joy and love in your life has been taken away from you, don't let that ever get to you and just keep moving forward.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I tried talking to them once before a while ago. But I don't think they understand.

From what I could understand and hear out of them it sounds like they're speaking a mix of ancient greek and romanian. It's really odd sounding.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Do you happen to speak Greek or Romanian? If not, I smell something called posession.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
gosh thats awful, is it possible to ignore them? what happens when you try?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
You can always make a visit to a local Preist.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
You can always make a visit to a local Preist.

Majestic, get over it and stop watching those movies

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join