It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tropical Storm/Hurricane Dennis

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Link to Doppler again

[edit on 7-10-2005 by ShadowHasNoSource]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   
``

Hurricane Dennis sure has a commanding presence !

the site: jigzone.com...
has "Dennis" a satellite view, as the Daily Jigsaw "Puzzle-of-the-day"
- -which i tend to do every morning, to get my brain in gear- -

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Posted this in another thread.. figured I'd add it here too..

(Updates every 20 seconds)

flhurricane.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Probable Strike Zone
(Source)

6:00am
(Source)

Panama City Tower Cam
(cam pans periodically)

[edit on 7-10-2005 by ShadowHasNoSource]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Still getting lots of wind and rain here, for the past few hours (Tampa). Quiet now, but looks like we've got at least one more band to go...

I feel for the folks in the panhandle area, as this is going to be REALLY nasty for you guys... Please, if in the strike zone, take this one VERY seriously...

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This thing looks like a beast. My prayers are with all of you who are in the path of this.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I personaly think were going to be ok(since Im directly in the path of the hurricane, mobile ,al). Most of the people whom are in the danger zone have evacuated.The people whom own RV,trailors etc have evacuated. The only people left here are whom are on hills and cant receive any wind or water damage, soo we'll be fine.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Another thing, to all those who dont believe in a supreme being...look at this hurricane, look at all the hurricanes..its the strength of the being, god, the almighty w/e.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Another thing, to all those who dont believe in a supreme being...look at this hurricane, look at all the hurricanes..its the strength of the being, god, the almighty w/e.

So, to what do we owe the pleasure of this "divine intervention" to? Did someone in Pensacola turn their back on a city or something? No need to bring superstition into play here....
Supposing this is the "power of God", why do you people worship a deity bent on indiscriminate destruction so much??? Oh wait...I know... "The lord works in mysterious ways, right?"

Anyhoo...since we're on superstition....seems that the curse of Jim Cantore is striking again!

Good luck to those at the landfall points... This is going to seriously suck...

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I still haven't had a drop of rain...

Gazork did yall just get a new weather man?

Our weather guy, David Bernanrd, left for a job oppertunity out in flordia somewhere I think it was tampa I duno.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Nope, not here....

Starting to come ashore now...right on top of Mr. Cantore, hurricane magnet, hehe...

So far, the video doesn't show it looking that bad...but it looks like the worst of it is in more rural areas....(where there aren't any cameras)...

TWC is commercial free for the next hour as it comes ashore.....

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Any updates from you guys down there? I guess its starting to get a bit rough now, some of the cams are out.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Power restored, winds down to 25mph gusts with occasional ones a bit higher, rain comes in periods instead of continuously.

Man, at the messy yards. I'm glad tomorrow is my scheduled day off as I'll need it.

No word from the kinfolk in Santa Rosa county, yet.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I already spent the past couple hours with the chainsaw, stacking up pieces of that tree that fell....

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Wow, Gaz, my hat's off to you! My motto is why do now what might not have to be done tomorrow, if the end comes!

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Daytona area was spared even the high winds and amount of rain forecasted from being on the outskirts. It seems to have also diminished faster than they thought after it hit land where it did. How did you all fare in the end?

Now, what about that next TD already headed our way with not enough forecasting yet to show if it will go into the gulf or up the east coast - geez. I can't imagine it will fizzle out with the water temps where they are. It's starting to feel like it's going to be worse than last year for Florida.
Whatever happened to just a long hot summer?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join