It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tropical Storm/Hurricane Dennis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Drove around my little island in South AL. Several people are boarding up. Tomorrow the local realtors will decide whether or not to require vacationers to pack up. They did for both Cindy and Arlene, so it is pretty much a given that they will. I can' t blame them really. Even if we get only rain and minimal wind, people who don't know any better can really hurt themselves. Cindy actually took shingles off our building that is in the center of the island.

It seems that no matter what happens DI, AL is bound to be rained on again.

The wait is going to make us all loco.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Dennis is now a Category 4 Hurricane!

Source:
The Hurricane Watch Net - (Atlantic Products)

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm geting concerned....
not about hte hurricane but the people in my area...
I am just geting in and everyone in the new orealens area are talking about how that high preasure system over flordia is gona suck it in and we don't have anything to worry about.

I'm sorry but where was that before? where was it when they had their modles for what it was goignt o do today?
Basically ITS NOT A STRONG HIGH PREASURE SYSTEM and the metorlogist are just looking for a explanation for the jog north...

If it was that big of a steering factor for the cane then it would have been factord in eariler. Something like that is not something you just miss.

I still hold fast with what I said...

Morgan city LA - mobile AL

Too many people are saying we doged a bullet here in New Orleans...
dam ignorance... I don't want them geting hurt

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar

I still hold fast with what I said...

Morgan city LA - mobile AL

I'm not making any predictions but I agree with your assessment.

Here is the 36 hour image. Notice the location of the HPS. And Dennis is directly over Cuba. Image

Here is the 48 hour image. The HPS isn't there. Image
Edit: And Dennis has plenty of room to move and grow.

This seems to be the best information I can gather on the forcast for HPS activity.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by ShadowHasNoSource]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
thanks thats what I want to see.

Basic laws of physics.. things move from higher preasure to lower preasure.

There is no reason that a giant Low Preasure system, AKA hurricane, would move to a higher preasure area unless the higher preasure was sucking it in.

I think the meteorlogist have no clue what the F this thing is gona do and are trying to make sense of every little thing.

from the 36 hour map...

HELL I wouldn't be supprised if this ended up in galveston. haha that would be a hoot. ...

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
amarenell, Dolphine Island is definitely going to get a bit wet!

Over here at Ft. Rucker, the stupid storm is already costing me money as work has been cancelled for Saturday through Monday.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Thomas, I can feel your pain.
Ice cream doesn't sell well in hurricanes

It also has this terrible tendency to melt without power. Go figure. Oh well, kind of par for the course. But man am I tired of playing these same holes.

Hope everyone stays safe and sane.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
LOL Dont worry guys. Ill make a hurricane magnet and bring it my way. I need something to film with my video camera.

j/k (God please dont punish me)

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Sorry to post again.

Gazrok what part of tampa you in?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   

not good

the differences in all the tracks.... I still feel there is alot of guesing with this hurricane.

(and its not because im "a consparicy person" and do not like authority)

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Here's the thing...that one guy from the Weather Channel is in Pensacola... Can't recall his name, but EVERYWHERE that guy was last year, and days before the storm came....EVERYWHERE he was, THAT'S where it hit!
He even joked about the reaction of people seeing him, hehe....

Anyhoo, I'm still calling for it to take a track more towards the eastern boundary of the projected cone, and that sucks for me... I really hope it goes as they say (no offense to those folks), but I just don't see it happening... Cat 4, nothing to sneeze at... Folks here are really taking this one seriously, even if the news doesn't seem to be, still confident that it won't affect our weather too much other than rain... Yeah....right....

I live in St. Pete, but work in Clearwater....so Tampa Bay area... (just that nobody knows those two cities, but everyone knows Tampa, and it's just across the bridge).

[edit on 8-7-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Here's the thing...that one guy from the Weather Channel is in Pensacola... Can't recall his name, but EVERYWHERE that guy was last year, and days before the storm came....EVERYWHERE he was, THAT'S where it hit!
He even joked about the reaction of people seeing him, hehe....

Anyhoo, I'm still calling for it to take a track more towards the eastern boundary of the projected cone, and that sucks for me... I really hope it goes as they say (no offense to those folks), but I just don't see it happening... Cat 4, nothing to sneeze at... Folks here are really taking this one seriously, even if the news doesn't seem to be, still confident that it won't affect our weather too much other than rain... Yeah....right....

I live in St. Pete, but work in Clearwater....so Tampa Bay area... (just that nobody knows those two cities, but everyone knows Tampa, and it's just across the bridge).

Jim Cantore?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Storm gets stronger....

Winds now up to 140

...AIR FORCE RESERVE RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT INDICATES THAT
MAJOR HURRICANE DENNIS HAS CONTINUED TO STRENGTHEN...

JUST AFTER 8 AM EDT...1200Z...RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT MEASURED A
CENTRAL PRESSURE OF 938 MB...OR 27.70 INCHES...AND A FLIGHT-LEVEL
WIND OF 136 KT IN THE SOUTHEAST QUADRANT...INDICATING A SURFACE
WIND OF AROUND 140 MPH. THE AIRCRAFT IS STILL INVESTIGATING THE
HURRICANE AND STRONGER WINDS MAY EXIST IN THE NORTHEAST QUADRANT.
AN INTENSITY INCREASE WILL BE INDICATED IN THE NEXT ADVISORY ISSUED
AT 11 AM EDT.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I know St. Pete...
I know a bunch of kids that go to St Pete Catholic High. Its a Salesian high school, and I have close ties with the salesian community.

Gazork I hope your right and that storm uh goes to penscolia. I don't want to get hit....

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
hey check out the eye track...

its gone more west than they expected...

one of us is geting hit
wether it be you guysin flordia or me in New Orleans....
I'm sticking it out if it comes here but if it goes your way best of luck and stay safe.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Yep it's the dreaded Jim Cantore that is in Pensacola right now. I'm still leaning to the strike zone to be between Destin and Cedar Key.

I'm confident I'm safe in Broward County (east coast of Florida) but I'm still going to clean up my yard in a few minutes, make sure no projectiles are around, we're supposed to feel some tropical storm force winds. But I'm not doing the shutters or anything else when it comes to preparations. The grocery stores were a little busy yesterday afternoon, but mainly because people feel that this weekend will be a washout for us all and wanted to avoid being out in the rain. I am very worried about our West Coast and the close pass that Dennis will be making near Key West.

btw, 5 dead in Haiti due to Dennis
Dennis Strengthens, Bears Down on Cuba After Killing at Least Five on Haiti

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Latest update:

The advisory (11am) wasn't showing yet, but this had the update. 150mph sustained winds, making it 5mph shy of a CAT 5 Storm!!!

Jim Cantore...that's the guy! If you see him in your town, better batten down the hatches, hehe....

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
150mph winds as of 11:20 EDT

its going to be upgraded by the end of the day

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well, it is hitting land now, so might weaken some, but by the end of the day, it'll be in the Gulf, and will get it's steam back up...

Here's a scary map...wind probabilities...
Even if it goes EXACTLY as predicted, I'm still looking at Hurricane force winds. I imagine I'll be in a Hurricane Watch zone soon....

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

[edit on 7-8-2005 by ShadowHasNoSource]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join