It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: Abortion won't decide court nominee (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Is this a New Look President Bush? For years people have made comment on his actions, on how he has been guided by faith but now he has came fourth and said the opposite. His next Supreme Court nomination will not be one based on his own faith but by the looks of it one which will represent the American people and will help to protect the very constitution which America was founded upon.

news.yahoo.com
President Bush, during his stop in Denmark before heading to the G-8 summit, said Wednesday he will not select a Supreme Court nominee based on his or her views on abortion or other hot-button political issues.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think this is a good thing. I myself have been a vocal in my lack of support for President Bush over the last few years, upon his handling of things such as the Iraq War and the whole War on Terror and found him to be following his faith and what he thought was right by God instead of what was right for the America people. This U-turn might help to show him in a new light and show him as the President he could in fact be - one which will remembered in a positive way for his actions and not in the negative.

However, can he ever claw back from his early mistakes in these last few years? The lack of decisive leadership on Afghanistan and allowing Osama Bin Laden to easily escape as well as the possible lies that brought the American and British people into War with Iraq. Only time will tell but he’s to hoping Bush sticks to his new look.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Maybe he did it to get the masses talking. If they are talking about that, then they are bad mouthing him about something else. Playing the press. It helps to get another agenda through under the table.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
No No No..

President Bush can only declare War involving death and destruction based on religion and his close relationship with God, not the supreme-court nomine's.

You silly people...

join