It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your kid on Pentagon Watch List??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I didn't see this anywhere else ...

I'm in shock. Really.
I'm sure this isn't a 'republican' thing
or a 'democrat' thing, perhaps it's a NWO thing.
It's shady and out of our control and
the control of our elected leaders.
geeeeeeeeeze. Is this true?

How reliable is raiders? I have never heard of them before.
The end of the article sounds like it was written by a 'proud' democrat
so this could be slanted (not bipartisan.... but is the info correct?
He also quotes the New York Times ... notoriously wrong and slanted. But ... is the info correct? Anyone know any other RELIABLE sources
that has this? Very strange.

www.raidersnewsupdate.com...

Excerpt

Is your kid's name on the Pentagon's list?
J.P. Devine
Blethen Maine Newspapers Inc.
Raiders/July 6, 2005

New York Times staff writer Damien Cave shares some interesting reasons.

According to Cave, the DOD began building an extensive data base of 30 million 16- to 25- year-olds, combining names with Social Security numbers, grade-point averages, height and weight, e-mail addresses and phone numbers.

It's not clear if their diets and sexual preferences have come under scrutiny yet, but you can bet it's in the works.

It's likely that your own kids and their friends are on that list, and I'll bet you didn't know it.

More at the article -
www.raidersnewsupdate.com...

[edit on 7/6/2005 by FlyersFan]

[edit on 6-7-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Read past the extreme biasness of the editorialist and think about it; the database makes it better for the recruiter.
Just because the recruiter contacts you doesn't mean you have to enlist.

Why worry about the government having government and statistical information on you. So much has been made over nothing!

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
A friend of mine from MSN told me a while ago something about a recruiter ringing him and asking for him by his name and he had no idea where he got their name from and I guess that this would explain it.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I KNOW recruiters have the names of high school students and that they contact them. That's fine. I have no problem with that. Also on career day the recruiters set up a table right next to the colleges and the local business' for the students to get info. That's all well and good.

This is different. I'm looking at the info and thinking .. GEEEEEZE.
But then I look at the way it's written and I think it's probably just
more biased BS. What I was wondering was if anyone had
intelligent well-sourced back up?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Oh, that's strange... Thank god I don't live in the US...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Nventual, I had every recruiter call me when I was in school, and that was in '81. I doubt Rummy had anything to do with it, and I'm sure Bush had nothing to do with it.
With a better database, they'll be more able to go straight to the morons like me, instead of wasting time with the ones who aren't statistically interested in it.
The joke will be on them, the, as my recruiter thought I was wasting her time. She was sure I was college bound. Never judge a book by its cover. It might be full of empty pages!

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This is nothing new. It was done as early as '74. I had a friend recruited by the CIA in High School. Thier data base must be very long by now.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Well having to children in that age, and "possible targets" I have to wonder, perhaps the data base is to target the young people by preferences, just like the INTERNET and advertisement does for consumers.

Also I have phone calls all the time from all branches of the service wanting to talk to them.

I just have a phone call from the Marines this morning at 9:00 sharp

Also when my son when to take get his license he was told that he needed to register, so I guess they are perhaps using the data bases for license to get their list.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The term watch list is misleading. It's a recruiting list. They are taking the names of young men and women who are likely to join the armed forces. A minor violation of privacy I grant you, but only for the purpose of asking them if they would choose to join our volunteer army.
If (probably when) they finally institute a draft, this same author is going to be screaming "Couldn't they have done a better job of recruiting!" or something like that.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Nventual, I had every recruiter call me when I was in school, and that was in '81.

In 1987 the only one that called me was a college athletic recruiter. At that time the Army was big and there wasnt' a need to dredge the depths.

I doubt Rummy had anything to do with it, and I'm sure Bush had nothing to do with it.

No? They started this.

he joke will be on them, the, as my recruiter thought I was wasting her time. She was sure I was college bound. Never judge a book by its cover. It might be full of empty pages!

I quit college and walked away from scholarships. The military was exactly what I needed. It was there I went pro.

[edit on 7/7/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The government has always been keeping tabs on you. It's the way they are. Since the day you were born they knew everything about you and they continue to know everything about you. But IMO it's a small price to pay for you live in the country.

What the article fails to mention is what else the military does to get names to put on their list. Everytime a kid registers on a site and gives there information or signs up for a "free giveaway" of some sorts the DOD gets your name and puts it on the call list. This isn't some grand conspiracy or hacking to get info. They simply buy all that info from these site owners. The government isn't the one thats corrupt or invading privacy, its the people behind the government that are. And by behind the government I mean the business owners, the leaders, not some so-called "shadow government".

I get calls almost everyday by recruiters does it mean they are brainwashing me to join or that they forcing me to? All I do is politely tell them I already have everything worked out. They have a job to do for this country as everyone else does. Whether your a teen 16-25 years old, an really old person, ANYONE, There is a list with your name on it. You don't see me going out writing an article on it.

Anyways sorry for the rambling and this wasn't directed at anyone here mostly at the author of the article. I just wanted to get my point accross. Plus I think this is my first post on PTS so I wanted to make it quality.

top topics

join