It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India plans to deploy it's own missile shield

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

And satellites get a birds eye view of everthing

Nepal is a barrier for both India and China equally. The tibetian plateau is flat; the indian side is full of valley's and mountain's and the mountains are higher than the tibetian plateau .

who said anything about china just depolying radar stations on the tibetian plateau??

how many sateillites does india have?? not many

any those helicopters have adaquete lift to supply a radar station?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

but sufficient numbers to get all the info india wants

Of course. The routinely supply all kinds of supplies at Siachen which is more higher.

Because the lack of proper supply helicopters was a major reason for India's 1962 poor show, today's IAF has left no stone unturned in having the best airlift/supply systems to high altitude areas.

India sent its army to train in Antartica! for the attack on Siachen which was unlawfull held by pakistan to take it back as the conditions are compareable.

Check out this landing during the takeback of Siachen :

^^A HAL Cheetah lands on an ice pillar, covered by tarpaulins and old parachutes

More battle of siachen pics :

It is a frozen river of ice with temperatures from -35º Celsius in summer to -60º Celsius in winter.

And Siachen Glacier is the undisputed Highest battlefield of the world and often referred to as the Third pole. Fortunately its in Indian control after the takeback invasion on 26 JUNE 1987 from Pakistan

And the same copters have been bringing supplies here for the past 20 years !..sending supplies to a radar station would be peanuts

[edit on 7-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

who said anything about china just depolying radar stations on the tibetian plateau??

Those helis have adequate lift allright... Before the French broke the record for the highest landing by touching down on Mt. Everest, the record was held by the IAF who did so while engaged in a high alt. rescue mission..

And You might not know this but Indian Satellite tech is more advanced than chinese satellite tech.. though presently china has the upper hand in launch vehicles.. it will more or less even out in the future..

As for how mnay satellites India has up there?
Well the current budget for operating/maintaining only the INSAT series is about 60 mill USD..

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

And You might not know this but Indian Satellite tech is more advanced than chinese satellite tech.. though presently china has the upper hand in launch vehicles.. it will more or less even out in the future..

As for how mnay satellites India has up there?
Well the current budget for operating/maintaining only the INSAT series is about 60 mill USD..

well please enlighten me on these indian developments

[edit on 7-7-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Enlightenment...

Ah..well..
you can go to to the ISRO website.. the budgets for civil satellite programs are listed..

Beyond that..a simple google for "india remote sensing satellites" would be informative..

Infact India has the largest constellation of non-military remote sensing satellites in the world right now..I think its about 11 to 12..
Military launches are of course not known...

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Enlightenment...

Ah..well..
you can go to to the ISRO website.. the budgets for civil satellite programs are listed..

Beyond that..a simple google for "india remote sensing satellites" would be informative..

Infact India has the largest constellation of non-military remote sensing satellites in the world right now..I think its about 11 to 12..
Military launches are of course not known...

lol you make the indian space program so secretive.

chinas space program.
www.csis.org...

ok now get a look at their chiense counter-parts
www.sinodefence.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
not secretive.. Its just that i didn't find anything on the military aspect..

Nobody's saying that china's space capabilities are inferior to India's.. In many aspects(launch vehicles,manned spaceflight etc. ) china has the upper hand..
but the genenral consensus amongst the global community is that India leads (globally) in the remote-sensing dept...
It may be because of the satelltie constellation or the resolution achievable or both.. But in satellites (remote sensing) India is up there (LEO) with the best..

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   

not secretive.. Its just that i didn't find anything on the military aspect..

Nobody's saying that china's space capabilities are inferior to India's.. In many aspects(launch vehicles,manned spaceflight etc. ) china has the upper hand..
but the genenral consensus amongst the global community is that India leads (globally) in the remote-sensing dept...
It may be because of the satelltie constellation or the resolution achievable or both.. But in satellites (remote sensing) India is up there (LEO) with the best..

no india leads in comerical remote sensing tech not how advanced. you it it mixed up. its because the chiesne dont lend the pictures to other countries because its controlled by the military

here is something about them

www.au.af.mil...

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Yes I meant it that way only..
And just because nobody mentions military use that doesn't mean India doesn't use it for such purposes..

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Yes I meant it that way only..
And just because nobody mentions military use that doesn't mean India doesn't use it for such purposes..

i expect india to use it for military use. dual-use technology

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Well, its kind of funny when you see how many "weather" satellites India has orbiting above her

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
whats that meant to mean. indias space program excels??

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
For me and what I believe there is only one Missle Defence possible in the shorter term. USA will develop and deploy soon after Mexico and Canada decides to come on line so far as their Air Space.

China's still Nukes or Brute force. India, well their working on their Air Defence.

But anyway free nations should consider throwing their technology together as time, its getting short..

Dallas

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Chinawhite,

If you don't understand, then forget it.

Dallas,

A missile shield does not prevent destruction from all out nuclear attack. It provides protection and a buffer deterrance so that a localized conflict has a harder time of escallating. It also provides credible deterrance to conventional missiles, cruise missiles and even ordinance.

The advanced and redundant radar coverage necessary in the induction of such a system complements, completes and directs air defenses against non-missile targets, like aircraft.

As for the missile system, I think they're still having discussions about that. There's a heated competition between the US PAC-3 and the Israeli Arrow and the Russian S3/400, for which would be India's ATBM system.

India's will play the 3 countries off in competition with themselves to wrangle the best price or get the best deal, until its absolutely necessarly to induct such a system. (Say ~2010, when Pakistan implodes and there's the jehadi nuclear danger, or when rudimentary conventional ballistic missiles become proliferate)

Though India already has Israeli Green Pine radars, which forms the backbone of the Arrow ATBM system, which gives Israel a head start. But American pressure on Israel, which uses American technologies in the Arrow, may force them out of the competition, for America's favor.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
i know what your trying to say but it came out sarcastic. you make the number sound a lot

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Dunno?, but seems to me a missle air defence is not patriot missle stuff.
It's more likey SDI stuff designed to stop nuclear heads (telling the difference from dummy war heads) and protecting the north american NATO alliance. Which I feel the USA has developed.

Dallas

top topics

<< 1   >>

join