It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone know any thing about...NSS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
so they made this public at some point in the last ,
few days , anyone know anything about the NSS ?,
National Security Service ?
i read what little i could really find, i don't
know if this is going to replace the fbi and the cia ?
or will this just anther nsa ?,
i seem to remeber, did in ww2, hitler redo the intell apt.
the germany had before he compleaty took over
or did he just make something up from scrach?,
dose this scare anyone eles ?
any info would be cool + comments please.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
It would probably suplement the NSA, CIA and FBI like a bridge between them.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Maldivian army (well if you can call it that less than 1000 personal) is called the National security service

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
when i was looking for info, there are mabye 3 other places to
that use the nss thing too,
i never even had herd of the Maldivian army intell i saw that on a search,
i wonder when we are going to see info out there ?
i'll keep loking but i seem to only find stuff about them saying ,
that it's getting ready to be made, but no real info lol,
i have had no luck about it in searches, i wonder if it's real
or just a smoke screen for something eles,i would have thoght i would have got more
then stuff like the Maldivian army stuff, .....

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Here's some information on the new National Security Service. If you need more just google [DNI director] 'Negroponte' in the news section.

New FBI division to consolidate counterterrorism, intelligence

President Bush ordered the FBI to create a new National Security Service that will consolidate its counterterrorism and intelligence divisions.

The new FBI division will be responsible for collecting, processing, analyzing and disseminating national security intelligence in the FBI. Director of National Intelligence John Negroponte must sign off on the head of the service and will have control over its budget and coordination.

federaltimes.com...

The new security division, the National Security Service, to be headed by a senior F.B.I. official, would include the bureau's counterterrorism and counterintelligence divisions, as well as its intelligence directorate, and that all would be "subject to the coordination and budget powers" of the new intelligence chief.

The change ordered by Mr. Bush will create a new, semi-autonomous service within a service, headed by a chief who will report both to Mr. Negroponte and the F.B.I. director, Robert S. Mueller.

While Mr. Negroponte would have control over the F.B.I.'s intelligence budget, [Attorney General] Gonzales said that intelligence officials "are not going to be directing law enforcement."

Other steps include the designation of new mission managers under Mr. Negroponte who will provide leadership on intelligence strategies aimed at high-profile targets, including Iran and North Korea. Another move will establish a center at the C.I.A. that will focus for the first time on the collection of open-source intelligence, a move that General Hayden said might ultimately reduce the need to steal secrets.

The White House also called for the creation of a National Counter Proliferation Center under Mr. Negroponte, to operate in parallel with the new National Counter Terrorism Center. The counterproliferation center would coordinate the government's collection and analysis of intelligence on nuclear, biological and chemical weapons, leading a task now scattered among many national security agencies.

[CIA director] Porter J. Goss, is subordinate to [DNI director] Negroponte.
The C.I.A. maintains its pre-eminence on issues related to human spying and covert operations.

The White House plan will leave the C.I.A. as the coordinator for human intelligence operations and create a new post there to try to head off conflicts between the agency and the Pentagon and the F.B.I., whose more aggressive human spying operations have begun to encroach on the C.I.A.'s traditional turf. The plan stopped short of embracing the commission's recommendation to create a human intelligence directorate, a step that C.I.A. officials had feared would undermine the authority of the agency's directorate of operations.

www.nytimes.com...

top topics

join