It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Type of fish with allah on its tail.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Ive known about this for a while its in most salt water fish books,

I found a news blurb on it :

www.cuddalore.tn.nic.in...

Its kind of intersting, its a type of fish that always has those markings.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Tha tis kinda creepy... Can anyone who reads arabic confirm what is written on that pict?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This is probably similar to the Samurai Crab Situation...

web.singnet.com.sg...

Unnatural selection fueled by superstition.

Nifty though!

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
On the right side of the fin i see a frownie face.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Thain Esh Kelch:

personal :
My parents can read and write in arabic, if you wanted some word of mouth confirmation. =p

anecdote :
I remember when i found the entry for this fish in a salt water fish book i got for my birthday a long time ago.. i showed my dad and he was all like "nooo thats not reall is it?!?! thats crazy" I never really considered it to be important. Because I figured every fish has some form of pattern on them, and the way the arabic language looks, you could argue that certain ambigiously shaped forms MIGHT be a word in arabic. But it is an interesting coincidence none the less.

Some quick searches on google will bring up alot more useful references.

edit : spelling.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Davood]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
This reminds me of the shroud of turin......this is a question from ignorance of the Islamic religion;
Q: Generally, do Muslims venerate fish? (I'm asking because of the fish in Xtianity and animals in pagan religions)

I checked out other specimens of the fish and the markings are similar between them, but, not all ar ethe same. Thanks for the link

-QM.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
We dont venerate fish. It is totally against the ideals of islam to venerate a fish. Altrough this is a strange case venerating this is wrong.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Its just one of those silly coincidences of nature.....

kinda like how most animals, the female is usually the physically larger and stronger one.

but for us humans its the opposite. and were not the only species on this planet that gives live births

anyways thats off tangent. sorry ;o

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This fish existed before mans creation of allah..
therefore allah was named after this fish.

The characters are simplistic, and can be found anywhere, if you are really looking. A honeycomb, or the back of the human hand, in the clouds ,whatever.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hey spacedoubt you dont need to bring in your athiesm in this thread for debunking this. If you knew anything about Islam you would know that this is against the principels of Islam.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is not a religious thread.
this is cryptozoology, and mythical beasts.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
spacedoubt
Try reading my link on Samurai crabs. Islam probably had a hand in nurturing this fish, but they certainly didn't take their religion from the back of the fish's tail.

That's just silly.

The fish was here first, the religious people were here second, the markings on the fish's tail developed last as a result of artificially influenced selection (Fishermen throw the God fish back and eat those without such markings). That's the most logical explanation, besides coincidence of course.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
spacedoubt
Try reading my link on Samurai crabs.

The fish was here first, the religious people were here second, the markings on the fish's tail developed last as a result of artificially influenced selection (Fishermen throw the God fish back and eat those without such markings). That's the most logical explanation, besides coincidence of course.

I read it, it IS interesting..
un-concious, un natural selection..

But, about the silly part..I still maintain that if you choose carefully, your religious symbol can appear everywhere..

like a tomato:

or the side of a fish

So, it''s possible, IMO, that the symbol was chosen for that reason.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

Nice theory and nice link to the samurai crabs, the only problem is it looks like this in an inedible tropical angel fish...

Pomacanthus semicirculatus

I did a web search and there other examples of different species of fish caught with markings said to look like Arabic, I think it may just be that Arabic characters look like squiggly lines and it would be easy to find natural markings that look like them.

[edit on 7/10/2005 by djohnsto77]

[edit on 7/10/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Yeah, coincidence is the most likely, for sure.

The only reason I brought the crabs up was because I have Dan-no=Ura on the brain.

If the fish are inedible, the crabs have nothing to do with it, and the fish's evolution must be explained another way. Sorry for the tangent.

There was another fish with "Allah's servant" written on its flank, but that was a singular case, not typical of the species.

top topics

join