It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sleep deprivation OOBE technique, my experience...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
ok, i work the night shift, and usually i stay up at the end of a work week in the morning, into the night, so that i can enjoy a somewhat normal weekend, during normal hours, etc..

but this one night last week, i stayed up a lot longer than usual, let's say 30+hrs. plus, let's not forget to mention that i got a little drunk that night, which also leads me to believe that the whole don't consume alcohol thing to have OOBE's is exaggerated.

but anyways, this is what happened:

i ended up passing out on my bed, then started having dreams, with nothing unusual happening there. then, i'm not sure how many of you are aware of the moment when you know your dream ends just before you wake up. well, that happened, then instead of waking up, everything was dark and i was conscious, but not in the physical sense.

it was dark, and i could see a ghostly, shimmering blue outline of a pair of arms reaching up out of where my body lay. it was as if my astral self was just about to get settled into my body, after being off dreaming. but since i was aware and conscious of this, i thought " wait a sec, no way i'm letting this slide, i'm gonna use it while i can".

as soon as that happened, i could see everything as if my eyes were open and i began to rise upto my ceiling, yet just before i was about to go through it, i got that "whoa, i'm just about to go through a ceiling" feeling. and then i awoke.

ends up that i forgot to turn the light off in my room before i passed out. when i was floating up, i noticed the light in my room was on. this is what makes me believe it actually happened, before i was physically conscious to notice that i left the light on.

has anyone else had OOBE's due to sleep deprivation, or the practice there of? i have read in certain places that in some cases, it does work, like it did for me. or maybe it had nothing to do with it at all, this is just what happened.

def.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Well lets see
1) you were drunk, drunk people hallucinate
2) sleep deprivation causes hallucinations
3) at any time in your sleep you could have remembered the state of your room
4) maybe you almost died

But uh, yeah a very long time ago I worked nights too, and that was
a period of some extremely active oobe, lots of sleep deprivation going on,
and waking hallucinations, usually at work though, the flourescent lighting + no sleep,
really causes weird stuff.

Also during this period at my birthday party I drank too much and the resulting
oobe was like no other I ever experienced, I could sense everyone in the room,
even as I was losing fine motor skills. By sense...I mean I could feel them as
if my body was stretching to fill the void between us, like I was a fire engulfing the whole room
and everyone in it. Everyone got freaked out thought I was going to die, but it was really
great on my end of the experience!!!
Although I will never mix night train and vermouth ever ever ever again!

Generally booze is just bad though, I wouldn't recommend it as a road to projecting, since it will
eat you alive and turn you into a mess eventually, half the dozen dead people I knew got that way from alcohol.

Oh yeah sleep deprivation is also not healthy, will throw off your cycle, and throw your brain chemicals out of balance, leading to bi-polar disorder, if it is not already a symptom of that.

[edit on 6-7-2005 by Legalizer]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
Well lets see
1) you were drunk, drunk people hallucinate
2) sleep deprivation causes hallucinations
3) at any time in your sleep you could have remembered the state of your room
4) maybe you almost died

[edit on 6-7-2005 by Legalizer]

hehe, good points, eventhough i wasn't that drunk, and only get drunk once a month, maybe at that. i only really mentioned that to state that i had consumed alcohol before it happened, after eating a bit, and drinking plenty of water. i doubt that it was hallucinated (of all things to hallucinate about), considering that i was entirely conscious, with sober thought, just before it happened, a state i have felt before while attempting oobe normally. though it was a while since i had slept, it was some good sleep that's for sure.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
When I am sleep deprived I never OOBE I am just seriously ASLEEP.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

I have however gone OOBE while intoxicated on alcohol....and I was VERY surprised at doing so, for everything I ever heard about it said it just did NOT happen......well....it DOES, for me anyway it did.
Problem is a drunken OOBE and as if the astral is'nt WIERD enough allready!......YIKES!
It did happen, but I chose to stop pretty darn quick, for it was just......NOT very great....I ended it fast.

Always heard this was impossible, so I am stumped........dunno what my glitch is...Anybody else ever go OOBE while drunk?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Always heard this was impossible, so I am stumped........dunno what my glitch is...Anybody else ever go OOBE while drunk?

yes, i did
although i wasn't fully blotto, it was relativly drunk as drunk can get.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I concur with Legalizer.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
hmm...interestingthread here. Ive never had an OBE and never gave much thought about it or understood exactly what having an OBE is all about. My interest is peaked because years ago I was reading a self-help type book about reaching your subconcious through relaxation and repeating things to yourself over and over in the subconcious to make your conscious accept it as being real.

Sort of like 'people like me!' over and over in your subconcious. While relaxing by counting backwards and trying to 'fall' into this state, you experience your subconcious. After doing this for a week, I did get some kind of weird sensation from doing this and tapping the subconcious and looked forward to going back at it.

Weird. Im not a superstitious person that believes in alot of things (except aliens) but im coming to realization that we humans don't know everything. The fact that we only use just a small percentage of our brains lends meat to all of these untapped things.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
here is a like which may be helpful wangho:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
For sure bro, that part about u seeing the light that was actually on before waking and from a different angle fits right in with a book I read by Carlos Castaneda. He was learning about dreaming and learning how to move around in this world while asleep. When he did that, he found he was able to do stuff with and fly around in this state. The ancient Indian shaman who was teaching him this technique said it was used to spy on enemy tribes back in the day, and find out where they were on the planet while getting rest. According to the book, you could do stuff with your ‘double’ even more powerful than your physical body and its invisible to anyone else, if you had enough power.

I aint saying I believe it or any of its true, just linking stuff up that makes sense…Those books rocked in any case

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have mentioned this as a technique on ATS, I also mentioned I dont advise it because of the obvious reasons-It takes time to recover from sleep deprivation and may affect driving work ect....But if you are already deprived why not try it.

The reason why it works

The reason is because Astral Projection techniques work only if you fall asleep, you can meditate all day long to get you into the proper mind set...but if you dont fall asleep, your not going anywhere.

You need to find the slice of reality between wakefulness and sleep...maintain that awareness and carry it thru to sleep state. When you are overtired, the body will fall to sleep in a matter of seconds...You can feel yourself slipping away in the form of tingles and sleep paralysis...this is the doorway.

You can stumble upon this state during the night, but the best time is when you are extremely tired and aware of your surrounding while you are asleep...That you fell asleep so quickly, you are aware of your physical body and the slip of your astral body from it. If you wake yourself in the night or early in the morning and fall back asleep, this is a good time to try your favorite technique also

top topics

join