It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women believe, men appease...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
With my experience with the Catholic faith, on and off over 15 years, I have noticed that the majority of the (what I guess you could label as) hardcore believers constitute are women, usally mid thirties to late fifties. AT my church and from talking with and watching the way people prayed and behaved both in public and private, many of the women seemed to be the believers of the faith while the men simply went through the motions. When it came to the couples, and a few single men eyeing the crowd. To appease the woman in order to keep the family together and for the sake of getting some.

I believe there is a large conspiracy of men in the Catholic faith (80%) who don't give a damn and only go to church for the sake of what the women offer at home in the bedroom. Can anyone verify my claims with this or any other faith?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
.... and the other 20% must be the priests and monks?

Catholicism has many points that test one's "faith" and those who don't support the dogma blindly in a boots-and-all way, but who let certain of the teachings guide them in a way that enables them to treat their fellow creatures with respect and dignity, are OK by me.

Although, by and large, this Church in all its practices can come across as a greedy Mafia-like organism replete with all the rules and boundaries that you can violate and reviolate after every confession.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I don't think it's just the Catholic faith. From my past experience, I know that many, many Protestants "go through the motions," just as you've described. And I see that there are more women actively involved in the faith than men. More women go to daily bible studies, more women attend church, more women help out with volunteer work and things like that--some of the men that do go seem as if they truly believe what they say; however, the good majority seem to do it because their wife, girlfriend, mother, etc., wants them to do so.

For the reasons that you've said or not...I agree with you, though. And also, women are more pacified and comforted with "religion" (any kind) than men are. Men like to question, to debate, to argue, and would rather not attend church, mass, whatever, or attend for the wrong reasons than to allow themselves to be comforted with religion like so many women are.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
From my meger experaince of working closely with my Church concil there is a tendancy in certain areas, but there are allways execptions.

There are more older couples, then young families. Sure.

But it more has to do with Catholic churches and how they encourage/discourage attendance. uninentional or not.

I know one couple in my church where the Wife made an agreement with her husband to come to church every week, so she could have the Kids raised in a church. The husband one day admitted to just 'going through the motions' to our Pastor and his unbelief, and the Pastor withheld communion from him (we have closed cummunion) which wrecked the false piety the wife created for her family.

We do not know peoples faith, nor can we judge them based on observation. We should allways leave that up to God and worry about our own worship first. it is easy to measure yourself to a normal human, but instead you should be measuring your faith with God and realise you have a long way to go

top topics

join