It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since I Came To ATS...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Since I came to ATS, I have...

...Spent a little too much time looking to the heavens without the intention of looking at the stars or moon

...Became a little bit more paranoid

...Have gotten into a lot fewer fights with family discussing politics, just moved it here.

...I've met some really fantastic and intelligent people, though in many cases we differ in every aspect of our beliefs

...I've had to change my opinion of discussion boards

...I've discovered just how important tone of voice and body language are to communication (hence the rampant use of emoticons
)

...I've started a thread prompting others to post other "Since I came to ATS I have..." comments

(That last one was a hint, by the way
)

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
...become more angry at everything.

...forced myself to deal with that anger.

...stopped buying products from Procter and Gamble.

...gained a higher understanding of politics.

...gained a larger distrust for politicians .

...Discovered that I have to fight for what I believe in even if it looks like the world is against me.

[edit on 6/7/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
since I have come to ATS......I have been noticing that I now suffer GREATLY from computor CHAIR butt!

See diagram below

( _I_ ) .......... 'Butt' ~BEFORE~ ATS

( ____________I_____________ ) .......... 'Butt' ~AFTER~ ATS

(this is the very BEST post of my ATS career and I expect WATS for it
)

[edit on 6-7-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Since I came to ATS

Well...

...I've never seen a more comical routune in my life...

...That's why I come here anymore, just to laugh at the theorys, and conjecture...

...Now in the old days people were actually looking for the truth, now...it's just political *shrugs*...

...But guess what my health is better, because I laugh more than I did before coming here...

Keep up the posting folks...I need it...

OH and theRiverGoddess...

Got one of them too...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Since Iv'e been a member, I have experienced absolutely great debate and loss of the great debaters.

I have answered my thoughts on things and subjects more that many times through posted threads of the same questions.

I've experienced certain members picking out your faults, typos or mistakes rather than their staying with the initial thread subject.

But I have also seen some great new moderators picking up the pace and putting themselves in a like matter to be involved too.

ATS is the place to be for me at this time..

Dallas

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I only came here to learn about Flight 93. From there I was pulled into a whole new area which I have never looked back on..

What I have learned on here.

Not everything is as it seems.

If it looks to good then its isnt anything to look at.

and Most of all I have learn that not everything is as it seems, Some things are just to well hidden in plane view.. I spelled plane right..

Anyway I have been on this board almost one year.. This is the only forum that I join regularily and for so long.. Usually I get sick as hell at most places or things I am into but for some damn reason I have stayed here...

I guess ats is like politics.. It changes every second, whether you are there to see it or not...

Anyway I guess I am kinda Glad some people are here to do this.. or I would still be aiming aimlessly at the internet.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
( _I_ ) .......... 'Butt' ~BEFORE~ ATS

( ____________I_____________ ) .......... 'Butt' ~AFTER~ ATS

[edit on 6-7-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

Well, since I came here a little over a year ago...

* I've learned more than I wanted to about TheRiverGoddess' butt.

* Become a substantially better writer

* Learned A TON about other countries, especially as far as politics, strategic importance, and military affairs are concerned.

* Mellowed out from Neo Conservative/Nationalist Republican to non-partisan conservative.

* Ticked off a lot of people on both sides of the political spectrum, and often made a lot of people laugh while doing so.

* Given up belief in several HOAXES, and even brought the first debunking of one of them to ATS (the Piri Reis Map).

* Completely lost interest in computer games- which used to be the only thing my computer was any good for in my eyes.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Since I came to ATS, I have...

...Learned more about politics and war than I ever knew before coming here.

...Learned a lot about other countries.

[edit on 6-7-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Since coming here

*Learn`t that people do judge a pesrson by there spelling mistakes.

*That there are lost people looking for a way of getting people to believe in there theories.

*That supposedly one person can make strangers support them without knowing who they are/what they are.

*Learn`t that people have high opinions but don`t/can`t/afraid too do actions but prefer to come here to voice them.

*People loke Majic desprete to have some kinda voice as probably difunctional in the reul world.(MiSpelling on purpose)

*Mostly Americans on here proving to the rest of us that they are the Paronid misfits of the world.If it ain`t NWO,UFO,etc etc it`s there corrupt politicians.How they ever became the most powerful country in the world should become one of the greatest wonders.

*That people can`t take tough questioning.

*That people can`t accept theories other than there own and are using disinfo as a method of avoiding any questions asking for proof.

*That nobody on here has yet been able to post anything that proves any of the info on here.

*That calling this site Above Top Secret yet not being able to post anything Above Top Secret is WRONG.

*I thought when l first came here l would find something that would bring doubt into my sceptical mind.I love the ideas on here but as time passes still nothing that proves anything fuels my scepticism rather than improving it.

Thanxs

W.

P.s. Don`t bother voting me for WATS as l don`t give a four X.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Nice post... that's all i can say...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   
..I have not slept a full night of sleep..

..I have questioned everything..

..I have gained 5 lbs..

..I have gotten into RATS just to find out it is not that great like everyone says..

..I haven't learned where the universe came from

I love ATS.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
ive had to question my own beliefs.

i left my religion.

i moved twice.

i became aware of too many points of view.

i have become sure of very little.

-what little may be,

Ive become convinced individuals can make a difference.

Ive accepted the very real need for alarm.

Ive embraced my duty to humanity.

-who else wants to paint a pretty 21st century? work.

..I haven't learned where the universe came from

and you wont. acknowlege the awsome paradox of eternity. it is the answer, and it is by defenition incomprehensible. if you cant beat em join em. be one.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
....i have increased my knowledge of the NWO

....i have brought George Galloway to the community

....i have become an expert of a conspiracy thoery

....made certain friends for life

....i have drunkenly made a fool of myself in chat

...i have been mistaken for a women and been hit on numerous times

[edit on 6-7-2005 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
i found that no matter how mad i get or ,
how bad people bash here if they don't like
your view, that this may be the only place
that will find the answers to ?'s of our lives,
before we die , and i still feel that this is what
our gov's all going to look like in 30 years,
we'll go "hey we did that on ats, well no wonder
they let us post, we were the beta test group
for a world gov......".
oh ya the game thing hurts my head and i
wish i had the answers to it.....maybe as long as it's
just a game..........you all scare me most of the time
with how much you all think...............

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Since I came to ATS I have learned....

...people believe what they want, not what is real. (Even me most the time.)
...Logic and reason only matter to the logical and reasonable.
...People who are nothing like me are the best teachers.
...People love to fight to blow off steam, but in the end are good people.
...People actually believe some CRAZY things.
...The world is a boring place, so we come to ATS to be entertained.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Since I came to ATS I have learned....

- That not all is as it seems,

- To open my eyes that bit wider

-To Listen

-To respect opinions and look in to reasons why people feel the way they do,

-Politics lol. i never really had any idea Before ATS about the ins and outs of it

-learned that together we really can make a difference.

- To look at the sky a little more closley

-To question what seems only black and white,

Im sure there are loads more,
but ill have to update as i remember them

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

• I have realized there are people in the world who are far more paranoid than myself, with far less reason to be.

• I have realized that I posting while in a bad mood is never a good idea.

• I have made many new friends. Among them are Off_The_Street, Vagabond, and wecomeinpeace, Saint4God, MemoryShock, Syntaxer, and too many others to name...

• I have had my life and the lives of my families threatened.

• I have learned the reason that "there are no old revolutionaries."

• I have decided to run for mayor of my city, in an effort to defeat the system, via the system.

• I have found that for some people, no amount of logic, reason, passion, or proof will ever change the mind of those who subscribe to blind faith.

• I have learned how to write off an argument.

• I have gained a new appreciation for the insights of others.

• I have become more comfortable discussing wierd subjects around people in real life, and thanks to this board, actually have something to contribute.

• I have learned it is better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and prove it.

• I have gained an immense respect for the Staff Members of this site. They have had an extremely difficult task in providing us a place to vent, debate, and discuss, provided for a nearly unlimited freedom of topics, while keeping the whole thing nicely organized and nearly abuse-free. Thanks staff!!!

• I have learned that there are some voices you must never ignore (especially that of a hurt, confused child); it could literally be a matter of life and death.

• My days at work, between calls, have become far more bearable.

• That some people simply need to be accepted for the nutty souls that they are, and God love 'em for it.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I came to ATS looking for more info on the Patty footage and got thrown into,

secret evil governments trying to kill us all

poisonous clouds

reptillian bases on the other side of the moon

But more importantly I have found a great site where everyone is friendly (well most people). Hurray for ATS!!

theRiverGoddess, dont be silly, your butts not that big. I bet you have a nice butt.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
...learned how to walk away from a debate, even if it mean sacrificing pride

...learned just how accurate the Wizard's First Rule is

...learned how to compose a post using Microsoft Word, giving the appearance of working at work

...come to believe that ATS should be classified as being more addictive than crack, nicotine and heroin combined

...realized TheRiverGoddess's edited bum makes a lot more sense than the original did

...learned that some things need be said in public, others in private, and that you can never have enough U2U space

...admitted to the likely fact that I'll be posting more on this thread as things come to mind

...learned some interesting debate tactics

...learned that people who disagree with you are not evil, but may think you are

Gimme another 5 hours or so, I'm sure I'll have more

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hmmmm....Since I've been here, I've

...Had reasons to think of more creative excuses why my projects aren't getting done on time.

...Had reason to actually write one of my best research papers ever.

...Discovered that there's more to the world of hidden agendas than just UFO's

...Discovered that differing opinions (on religion especially) can quickly turn into a caca/poopoo 3rd grade name-calling slug fest even on the internet where people have the opportunity to take their time and back their arguments up.

...Learned that it's much harder to prove something doesn't exist than to prove it does.

...Learned that for every 3 serious people who are uber-logical in their arguments, there's at least 4 more who will either resort to the above mentioned responses and at least 1 more who will come up with a great joke to lighten the mood.

...Learned that it is possible to get deep into the trenches with someone going for blood (on ATS) and then turn right around and joke around with them or help them/get advice from them (on BTS) without thinking twice.

...Learned the secret to love and peace through the teachings of Skippy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join