It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullheaded Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Today I was involved in an incident that involved myself, a 15 year old girl (approximatley my height), and alot of younger children.

So here I was picking up my daughter and her friend from a playground, when i saw two girls sitting down on a bench, with one of their noses bleeding, and what appeared to be a split lip. I decided to go over and make sure she was ok and ask if she needed help or anything, she said no, but pointed out the kids who did it. The girl was 13 years old (with the nose bleeding, and busted lip), and an 11 year old boy was responsible for it, he apparently headbutted her (intentionally from what she told me), so I asked where they lived at. Then I asked her where she lived at, since it was just the down the road, I offered her and her friend a ride home, and I took them both back to her house, then on my way back down to the kids house, this girl (the 15 year old girl) comes walking down the steps from the front porch yelling "mother F-er this, ect ect" and come right to my face, starts screaming at me saying "are you out here yelling at these kids", so I proceded to say "I didn't say anything, infact I was on my way to talk to their parents" so she spits right in my face, yells out something about getting her a knife, and then lunges towards me, so I took a step back, and peppersprayed her. Kind of shocked at what just happened, I told my daughter and her friend to get in the car, and I used my cell phone to call 911.

I tried to offer the girl help on what to do to allow the effects of the pepperfoam to wear off more quickly, however she declined (nice way of putting it) and ran into her house.

When the police arived, they quoted lots of witnesses (who I didn't even see there in the first place) saying I was being agressive towards her, and the police told me I was lucky that the mother of the girl wasn't pressing assult and battery charges on me! They wouldn't even LISTEN to my side of the story, and then tried to tell me that she didn't even have pockets on her pants, when in fact she clearly did before she changed them!

I believe that I was 110% justified in taking the action I did, the girl didn't look 15 actually, she looked more like a 17 or 18 year old (I thought she WAS the mom at first). Irregardless, the age doesn't matter, the fact is that I acted on the assumption that she had a knife, and I didn't want to see myself, my daughter, her friend, or anyone else get hurt by the hands of this unstable person.

My question: Is there anything I can do the police? Do YOU think I was justified? What would you have done in that situation?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Totally justiffied.... I would have done the same thing. She threatened you with a deadly weapon you have every right to defend yourself. I don't know what you can do about the police but you made a smart decision. You protected her daughter

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I think you were totally justified in what you did. If I was in that situation I would probably do the same thing. Now about the police, the reason I believe that they wouldnt listen to you is because (judging from you having a daughter) you are an adult and police generally dont trust anyone especially adults. It really ticks me off though seeing the justified person in trouble and the one that should be in trouble getting off free. It happens all the time and I hate it.:bash:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I am anti-litigious as a rule, but I think some litigation is warranted if this goes any further. I.e. if any kind of charges or further incidents result from this.

Although, you may want to consult council right away PRIOR to anything else resulting from this. As if you wait to long your side of the issue becomes less credible.

From YOUR description of the events, you were completely justified.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
You were justified. Also spitting in someones face is assult, at least in Illinois it is. The girl should have been arrested.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
While I agree with your actions, we all know defending yourself from anyone is basically against the law these days. My advice is to count your blessings that your not facing some jacked up bullcrap charges and just forget it all. It sucks being on the wrong end of a big misunderstanding, but its not really worth trying to fight it; there are no winners in court cases, just someone who pays more for the outcome than the other (money wise that is).

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I hate when stuff like that happens. You were absolutley justified and personally I would have done more then pepper sprayed her.

top topics

join