You'll have to ask MA

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Peter Sellers, Being There

"I like to watch"

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
uleeze, leveler, do not open yourself up to flames like this, its too easy a target.

I imagine you sitting there like a little hen - peck pecking away with your beady eyes whilst your small brain can only think about where the next paltry crumb is coming from.

This is a mudslinging forum.
My post was made entirely tongue in cheek. You see nothing but that which you want to. More sheep than any other poster whom you tag with that name.
As for an interest in the US? Well, it is the most powerful world in the country and unlike you I try to educate myself on things that change my life instead of tilting at shadows.

Get real Skadi. There's a world out there and you're missing it.

[No attacking a specific person, please.... K_OS]

[Edited on 18-8-2003 by K_OS]

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hey Leveller!

While you're at it, I want a reply in similar vein to my earlier post about U.K. politics.

This is mudslinging, not cold shouldering, you fence-sitting opportunistic ToryLabourite.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I swear to god, you people are funny! Power out, Bush's fault, economy down, Bush's fault, you trip on a root in your front yard, Bush planted it! LOL let's get serious, in a shaky economy the last thing you want to lose in consumer confidence, and guess what the black out did people? What motivation did Bush or my beloved Republican's have for doing this? I'll just fire back with the "Liberals set it up to make Bush look bad" it's about as valid a point. Look at Bush's plan on the floor on energy, his points include designing a new grid and redefining the districts, which would have prevented this.

You want to blame someone? Blame Clinton who was informed of the potential for this 10 years ago and did not do a damn thing about it!

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Shining

If you check, that's exactly what I said.

Mr Blythe had more significant priorities.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Yes, I checked but I had to state my point, these borderline hippy liberals need to study all facets of the blackout before obfuscating with the typical "Blame Bush" tactics

Regards!

_The Wiz

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hey!

I sometimes identify with borderline hippy liberals.

They have better social events than the moral majority.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
If you want to hang out with a bunch of BO smelling, blame casting, non-inhaling dorks whom can't seem to understand what in the hell it is there party stands for!

The women aren't bad though

Bill Clinton for President...............Of Vanity Fair magazine

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
uleeze, leveler, do not open yourself up to flames like this, its too easy a target.

I imagine you sitting there like a little hen - peck pecking away with your beady eyes whilst your small brain can only think about where the next paltry crumb is coming from.

This is a mudslinging forum.
My post was made entirely tongue in cheek. More sheep than any other poster whom you tag with that name.
You are the danger to those who really want to find the truth.
As for an interest in the US? Well, it is the most powerful world in the country and unlike you I try to educate myself on things that change my life instead of tilting at shadows.

Get real Skadi. Grow up. There's a world out there and you're missing it.

Sorry leveller, but i cant let it happen,of course i am not a child, so i dont have any need to insult u, i can talk things normal without insulting you. (i guess you think differently)
Ive read your posts from a while ago, and actually is very sarcastic to see this comment "Get real Skadi. Grow up. There's a world out there and you're missing it" and its you who is denying a LOTS of FACTS.
Actually what i think is that you criticize the States for the politicians, when i was in Uk i almost cried about your system there, IS PATHETIC, all of it, from up till down, there is no much differences . And i dont say this to attack you, ALL COUNTRIES HAVE CRAPPY POLITICIANS.
When are u going to see some conection between the rulers of the countries men? Serious, when we had a disscussion, you always attacked me instead of back up your points or disscuss mine. Same thing you just did with Skadi, actually i am amazed about how aware skadi is, i just went to the ground laughing seeing your comment about it. She lives in the States, and She is aware of things that the media doesnt know and most of the people dont want know it. Remember you are insulting somebody from the States that actually knows what he is talking about, i think your way of talk like a superior wise person and have the rights to insult like that makes me sick.
Leveller not just with the Israel matters, but with more things, you have demostrated me that you loose logica very fast to start personal attacks and blaming games, but then you acuse the rest of doing that and you clean your hands , as you were the one right all the time, you are not open for more statements.
I really dislike your way to disscuss because you dont stick to the disscussion almost never, anyway, if u want to have a talk with me, forget it if u use the terms you just used for Skadi, because it says more than enough about you.

Hope you understand what i try to mean and not what u want to read.

[I was removing the name calling from the quote from Leveller... K_OS]

[Edited on 18-8-2003 by K_OS]

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Cold

Leveller is truly one of the most rational and level-headed members of ATS.

This is a 'mudslinging' forum that has allowed people to perform histrionically in the sport of politics.

On another thread in this forum, K_OS asked for the attacks to pertain to the opposite side or point of view, not to the member. This wasn't made entirely clear at the outset of the 'mudslinging' nature of the Forum, so some of us have got carried away.

Civility towards each other remains an integral part of the rules, and it's important to getting enjoyment and enlightenment out of the discussion.

It would be a sad day if we lost the voice of someone as well-considered as Leveller, don't let that happen.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by William
Here's a mud blender...

Both shortsighted numbskulled sides of this are to blame for the power outage.

The power grid in the Northeast is in chaos because of nearly two decades of political infighting, back room deals, parochial crap, and politics-as-usual between ignorant tree-huging democrat liberal hyper-paranoid environmentalists and greedy money-grubbing short-sighted republican special interests.

In the end, because both sides are so far apart, the people suffer.
[size=10]
Both democrats and republicans suck! Nothing shows it more than this recent blackout.

Uh...no.

It's convenient knee jerk displacement of blame, to envoke the "All Politicians Suck" canard...but it doesn't apply here. The blame is firmly on the shoulders of the Republicans, and here's why:

GHW Bush WAS the president who deregulated the Energy industry - privatized control of such a crucial component to our American society was rightly outlawed by FDR, as was the political contributions he also, quite rightly, thought would buy allegiance.
But, then came along the Bush clan of Robber Barons to do something even Ronald Reagan would not.
Fast forward to the next Cappo di Tutti Cappos in the Bush Crime Family. He :
- appoints a industry LOBBYIST to be the energy czar
- authorizes energy task force meetings solely comprised of energy co. representatives
- has congressional hnchmen shoot down all legislation propose while he's been in office, that would mandate the upgrades.

THE FACTS:

Since 1996, two-thirds of all reported electric utility corporation campaign contributions (totaling, in all, more than $60 million) have gone to Republicans.

And in 2000, George W. Bush received 86% of all reported electric utility corporation presidential capaign contributions, compared to the 14% that went to Al Gore.

www.opensecrets.org...

www.opensecrets.org...

The amendment that should have been to prevent the blackout:

www.house.gov...

What the Republicans did instead:

www.washingtonpost.com...

paleblue.us...

Quotes:

"This is going to costs billions, and consumers will have to pay"
- Spencer Abrahams

"Energy companies should be responsible to pay for their upgrades"
- Bill Richardson, Energy Czar under Clinton & current N.Mexico gov. ( and evidently, the only one the N.Koreans trusted on compeptency when it came time to chat)

"The recommendation by Spencer Abraham is corrupt and morally bankrupt. All the evidence has indicated that a recommendation right now is dangerously premature, and the height of irresponsibility. Spencer Abraham is a long time proponent of the dump, and he has clearly allowed his personal views and political pressures to influence his judgment."

- U.S. Rep. Shelley Berkley
www.house.gov...

That this current regime can play otherwise intelligent & accomplished individuals like a cheap fiddle, so that they brush off all the notation of obvious wrong doing as "just politics" , would be masterful if not so utterly dangerous.

AND

If this is not POLITICAL SCANDAL [/B] please post a definition...cause I think it is!

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
You want the electric company regulated? Really? think about the implications of that action. The price would be through the roof right now, who would compete with them?

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   
They pitched a 20% savings because of deregulation.....which resulted in a 300% increase. Simple : things like WATER and the ENERGY we need to function have no business being under the control of the few.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So we should have a monopoly control it right, like it or not, there will never be public water or electric, so essentially if the price went up 300% because of deregulation, then it would have went up 500% if it was monopolized.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shining Wizard
So we should have a monopoly control it right, like it or not, there will never be public water or electric, so essentially if the price went up 300% because of deregulation, then it would have went up 500% if it was monopolized.

Uh...no. They had it in the right 'state', then deregulated...and prices in CA. went up 300%....what don't you understand?

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Why you think regulation is the solution, all your proposal is going to do is replace 70 men 1/2 corrupt, 1/2 not, with 10 absolute government whipping boys, I'll take my chances with the former.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Cold

Leveller is truly one of the most rational and level-headed members of ATS.

This is a 'mudslinging' forum that has allowed people to perform histrionically in the sport of politics.

On another thread in this forum, K_OS asked for the attacks to pertain to the opposite side or point of view, not to the member. This wasn't made entirely clear at the outset of the 'mudslinging' nature of the Forum, so some of us have got carried away.

Civility towards each other remains an integral part of the rules, and it's important to getting enjoyment and enlightenment out of the discussion.

It would be a sad day if we lost the voice of someone as well-considered as Leveller, don't let that happen.

Look, ive seen him post smart things, and logical things, but with me, or thread that i do open, he doesnt show this side of him that u appreciate so much, actually just look at his reply in this thread,
MA, do you really consider that "Civility towards each other remains an integral part of the rules, and it's important to getting enjoyment and enlightenment out of the discussion." After Levellers post to skadi?
Have u read the posts of Leveller in some of my threads?
Sorry i dont consider it nor rational nor civilized.
And more, i actually dont consider Leveller so smart , i dont instult him (not like he does) because insult somebody is the way to say "ive lost my points the only thing i can do is insult". U dont need to use bad language or be nasty to somebody to have a disscussion,or look like you are right, and is not the question of being "gentle" or not, is a question of respect between persons, but then again he claims respect for so many other things (but he is the first one using that nasty language).

I mean come on MA are you going to deny what i just said? If so show your points based on the text staying above, if you are not convinced yet, go to some threads opened by me, and check Levellers responses.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is a mudslinging forum, leveler, u cant take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

You sling mud, i sling back. You dont want your views opened up to attack, dont post them then. All views are fair game.

I simply pointed out that your coutnry has hardly any room to laugh or brag.

Its not MY fault you cant understand the simple concept, or that somehow, youre educated moreso that me. I have been to plenty of places around the world, seen plenty of things, assume nothing.

Quit whining so much. My beady little eyes are focused in places you simply cant bring yourself to look.

I have seen the whole world out there, its a place only you could love.

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join