It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackout caused by a Bush Pioneer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It appears a Cleveland company, FirstPower, experienced a failure and then failed to disconnect from the Grid. The cascade pushed further when Michigan didn�t disconnect from the Grid. And now the political sparks are going to fly.

�The President of First Energy, Tony Alexander, is a Bush "Pioneer," meaning he raised more than $100,000 in individual contributions for the 2000 Bush presidential campaign. Alexander was also a major player in the Bush Energy Transition Team, according to the National Resources Defense Council.�

www.mahablog.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Now THAT is great mudslinging.

A brilliant opener, kukla!

* retires *

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Thanks MA. buzzflash.com. First read of the day.

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Now THAT is great mudslinging.

A brilliant opener, kukla!

* retires *

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Here's a mud blender...

Both shortsighted numbskulled sides of this are to blame for the power outage.

The power grid in the Northeast is in chaos because of nearly two decades of political infighting, back room deals, parochial crap, and politics-as-usual between ignorant tree-huging democrat liberal hyper-paranoid environmentalists and greedy money-grubbing short-sighted republican special interests.

In the end, because both sides are so far apart, the people suffer.
[size=10]
Both democrats and republicans suck! Nothing shows it more than this recent blackout.

[Edited on 17-8-2003 by William]

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
hell, this Black out was planned from the begininng not only will Bush will reenforce a new policy in energy and better quality in Generating electircity..guess who pockets it's coming from?...that's right us!we're gonna pay, maybe this "better quality for electric" uses is a deciever and only gives Bush more for weapons use in WAR!!!
I say it was terrorism, terrorism that is hurting our wallet!

[Edited on 17-8-2003 by hellfireburns]

[Edited on 17-8-2003 by hellfireburns]

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I agree with you William, both parties are wortheless. As far as I�m concerned, Callenbach had it right. NoCal, Oregon and Washington should succeed from the union.

Until then, the nation is about to undergo a serious conversation about our energy policy, and we should pay attention to the shades of grey.

For example, my local utility is a co-op, regulated by a rotating board of citizens, whose interest is solely in the safe and affordable provision of electricity.

Whereas you have FirstEnergy, a private company who has profited from deregulation by �bean counting� capacity and safety.

With an oilman in the office, the shades of grey matter.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
William, will you please stop yelling. You're beginning to sound like Hillary speaking to congress! Well, the yelling part, not the bipartizanship part.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Both shortsighted numbskulled sides of this are to blame for the power outage.

The power grid in the Northeast is in chaos because of nearly two decades of political infighting, back room deals, parochial crap, and politics-as-usual between ignorant tree-huging democrat liberal hyper-paranoid environmentalists and greedy money-grubbing short-sighted republican special interests

*****claps*****

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by William

Both democrats and republicans suck! Nothing shows it more than this recent blackout.

Actually as a Brit I couldn't agree more.
Your politicians are totally crap. No wonder your country is in such a state after the plethora of morons whom you Yanks have voted in over the past few decades.
If it wasn't for the money that they spend on thier images with all the high tech at their availability, the rest of the world would see that you possess some of the shallowest, dimmest citizens in the world - and then vote them into power.

Republicans, Democrats. To those of us outside of the US you may as well call them Repocrats or Demublicans. As far as we're concerned, they're all one and the same - #e!!!

Man I love this forum already.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The problem with this country is privatization its simply not going to work. The reasons are that when a private company is involved in anything, when a conflict occurs between them and the needs of others. Choosing to respond to the others in a manner which does not support (good or bad) the interest of the company is often tantamount to treason (a good example of this is the Ford Pinto, whose trunk floor was the top of the gas tank).

Take the recent problem with the electricity the national news (ABC) reported yesterday that had it not been for the actions of one person in a small town (forget the name) every acre of land between Maine and the Rocky Mountains would today be without power.

Now this does say something about homeland security to the extent they took for granted that the private industries were being responsible. As well it say's something about our government to the extent they are placing confidence in big business. But the real problem are the CEO's and administrative elements of major corporations as there actions do in these circumstances constitute treason.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Leveller

That's all well and good, coming from a Pom who hasn't bathed in days and whose current PM is just a #ing lapdog for idiot Bush

AND all that unoriginal creep did was steal the center of the Tory platform to bring his pseudo-Labour Party into power.

Where do you think YOU get off with this kind of crud???

YOU'RE not an American citzen

YOU don't own land there (oops... ) (ahem... ) 'here'

YOU don't pay taxes here

YOU don't work here.

(Tyrifficisms....)

Why don't YOU stick to fixing problems in your own anachronistic, overblown monarchy of a has-been never-quite superpower?

And YOU Toltec

The fine facility of a mudslinging forum is made available to you, and you choose to waste this space to indulge in reasonable dialogue about the apolitical nature of the problem and the altruistic motives of some decent human being?

(Just practising. No, it's not really me, but it might be fun for some).

[Edited on 17-8-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

[Edited on 18-8-2003 by K_OS]

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
ahem, it's time for a Canadian viewpoint, as we were effected as well by the power outage.

I love that the first thing the New York governor did was blame CANADA for the outage. Now we fing out that as usual, we are not to blame, but it is the American government/infrastructure tha tis to blame.

I am so tired of American governmetn trying to put blame on Canadians for various things ie mad cow (1 cow infected...which, by the way was imported from the US just month before the discovery, Now we can't export great Canadian beef to the US) now the power outage, which was the US's fault.

What I want to know is why all the secrecy? did something else happen? Why didn't we know right away what happened?

One good thing was that I realized how unprepared and how reliant we are on electricity from government.

Luke

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Keep in mind MA Mods are the proverbial referee's, to be honest I will not be partaking in the Mudfest (to the extent I will do any slinging).

For the sake of argument though, with respect to your senario my response (if it were actually a reflection of your true feelings at the time) of course could potentially result in my presenting a rather colorfull response of my own.

Enough kidding around and lets get back to the fights.

PS: keep in mind I did not say discussion, argument or even chat

[Edited on 17-8-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Jesus Christ

Toltec is faking like he put the 'moderate' in moderator.

Flamin liberal.

He needs a giant can of whoop-ass opened up on him AND now there ain't nuthin he can do about it cos he ain't 'partaking in the Mudfest'. What a wanker.

I'll show Toltec mud wrestling.

Anyone with a brain knows the whole problem with the north-east grid started because fornicating Bill Clinton couldn't keep his johnson where it belonged. It is all entirely Clinton's fault.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
MA if I am say a business man and you a politician and I donate $10,000,000 to your campaign of which of course only $100,000 is actually in cash.

When the time comes to ask if I am protecting the interests of the United States what would your response be?

If my business is integral to the operation of this country to what extent will the government be checking in on how I apply the money they are given me (taxes)
for things related to maintaining my operation up to current standards?

Privatization means a private company takes over what was the responsibility of the government as a whole.

A good example of this is Energy, weapons development, social service programs, public transportation, health care, environmental concerns, prisons and the list goes on.

The consideration is "less government" involved with the masses which from a certain standpoint is seen as a good thing. But the problem is that private industries have no motivation to act in the interests of the masses, there motivation to act is profits and stockholders (in that order).

As a result in the example presented of course I did not spend the $100,000,000 (taxes) given to me by the government over the last ten years to improve and facilitate the needs of those outside my inner circle. What I did do was hire accountants and lawyers to make it seem on paper that everything is fine and when that government official (inspector), came to look at how the money had been spent I showed him exactly what he wanted to see.

Back during Hurricane Andrew and interesting thing was discovered. Homes which were part of communities in which a person interested in purchasing looked at a model found his home destroyed (after the storm) but the model he had looked at was still standing (not even a window had been damaged). The investigation as to how this was possible revealed that inspectors responsible for determining if the homes were sound only inspected the models.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Toltec

I back up your analysis of potential funds applications and creative accounting 100%.

The whole electioneering and political donations platform unique in its scale to the USA, stinketh to high heaven.

And yet, under significant taunting about your own masturbatory habits, you continue to offer reason, and unemotive logic, in what was specifically constructed as a mudslinging Forum.

Either the Forum provides a clear purpose as to its mission, or in your next post you at least insult the opposite side in some way, or I will be leaving this FRAUD of a collection of topics forthwith, never to return, except occasionally to call out ThomasCrowne in some 'Baseketball' fashion.

You pretender.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
MA would suggest you responses offer more with respect to personal attacks (in respect to me) than suggesting any real insight.

Exactly what other side are you talking about? The criminal element of society?
What would you have say MA the content of my response speaks for itself.

For the record MA I have no need for masturbatory habits and as far as pretense well, like I said I have no need for masturbatory habits

Get the picture

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I give up.

Insulting Toltec in a mudslinging topic leads nowhere, as he is pure and chaste. And subtle.

The other side to which I referred in vain was the opposite side of Toltec's yin or yang, depending on what side he was speaking from at the time.

I believe Toltec is so cautious as a Moderator that he never leaves that fine line between black and white, he constantly meanders up and down that S-shaped line occasionally pointing out a mass grave in the black side or some divine event on the white, or vice versa.

I would like to see Toltec in the next debate contest, but I expect Moderators aren't allowed to dominate the entries.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   

****claps for masked****

Bout damn time!

Leveler, you have an unhealthy interest in what goes on within the US, and are terribly deludued in your thinking that somehow all your politicans are honest good people who are running an outstanding and stellar country. I would think with the amount of money your gov sucks from you in taxes to pay for the assylum the give to hijackers, Plus the problems with you gauging your citizens with high public transit fares while taxing the hell out of thier gasoline (oops, PETROL) making it niether economical nor inviting to use public transit(privatized public transit), these are things YOU should be worried about, buddy, not about our internal messes, and your obnoxious sanctimonious judgements.

And as MA has generously pointed out, while we may elect dim witted drooling retards for prez, your illustrious leaders kiss the asses and obey the commands of our retards in charge. really, buddy, ive been to your country. I thought we had pollution problems. You REALLY need to do something about the water in blackpool and your Tely tax detectives.

Your govornment rapes and charges its citizens to heights our govornment envies, but would dare for fear of full out revolution. And talking to many peopl there, I learned that many Brits rather regret not having the death penalty for those two boy and girl child killers.

Puleeze, leveler, do not open yourself up to flames like this, its too easy a target.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
what kind of masturbatory habits are we talking about???

top topics

<<   2 >>

join