It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Unofficial) PTS Banner Design Contest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
First let me stress that this contest is pending approval and authorization of prizes from SkepticOverlord.

It may or may not recieve this approval- I assume nothing. Prizes, if the contest does become official, are yet to be determined. The wallpaper contest awarded a 15,000 point first prize, which MAY be matched in this contest.

If the contest remains unofficial, first prize will be applause and WATS votes from the PTS Council Staff. First and second runner up will recieve applause as well.

Credit for this idea goes to They See ALL, who has suggested a banner competition, not unlike the Wallpaper Competition that took place some months ago. The PTS councilor, EastCoastKid, has adopted this idea and is presenting it to SkepticOverlord, and the PTS Council Staff will be organizing it.

Submissions are now being accepted by email- see rules below,
Submissions will not be accepted on or after August 17th- possibly subject to extention, but plan on the deadline being August 17th.

Submissions should be emailed to:
TheVagabond@abovetopsecret.com
Remember to include your username in the email.

A judging pannel of between 5 and 9 members is needed- please contact me by U2U and DO NOT ask to become a judge in this thread, as judge identities are to remain secret. Judges may not submit banners.
The PTS Council Staff will try to arrange some sort of perk or reward for the judges.

Rules:

* NO COPYRIGHTED PHOTOS. None whatsoever. All work must be 100% original. You must include the website address (abovetopsecret.com) clearly on all submissions. Ideally in the bottom left corner.
* ALL submissions are subject to the ATS Terms and Conditions (ie no nudity, profanity etc) and all become property of ATS.
* File sizes must be NO LARGER than 200K.
* The pixel size of the Banner is to be 475x100.
* Each member may only enter one Banner.
* Form of submission: Upload your submission either to any online hosting service, then include the link in your submission email. I cannot over-stress that the link you provide must not give away your member identity to the judges in any way.

These hosting services are free and reliable. Remember NOT to use your membername to register with these services, and remember to select the option when registering to make your album public.

photobucket.com...
www.imageshack.us...

Questions and comments greatly appreciated. Good luck to all.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
"Credit for this idea goes to They See ALL, who has suggested a banner competition"

YAY!!!

anyway, i hope this gets approved...

good luck to all of you

[edit on 5-7-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Good luck to everyone submitting a banner. This should be a great opportunity for everyone submitting

[edit on 5-7-2005 by 9890]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Blanked out for security reasons.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
yeah...

this contest is going to be great...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Shouldnt the pixel size be the same as the current ones, 327x100?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I struggled with that one myself actually. The current banners seem to be split in two. The first half is 327, but then it usually bleeds over to a second image which brings the size to 475.

That will be cleared up though soon- EastCoastKid is theoretically supposed to run the idea by SO and have him check and approve the rules.

I don't know if it has happened yet. We can always ammend the rules and piss off the early contestants by having them go back and change it.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I got the impression that my councilor had his hands awfully full, so I went ahead and sent a U2U to SO myself to push this along a little more.

I also need to know if the 6 weeks is enough. Do members want more time? We can really make this contest run for as long as we see fit in order to get the best submissions possible.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Unfortunately, this contest, if you all still want to have it at all, will not result in any banners being used officially.

SkepticOverlord has informed me that a redesign is already underway with new logos which will replace the rotating banners.

If you all still want an unofficial contest, sound off and we'll do it- a couple of applause and maybe a WATS vote or two will be the only prize though.

We could also modify the contest and make it a PTS wallpaper contest if you guys like, so that members could use the art for themselves.

Tell me what you want to do and we'll do it.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
i will support that The Vagabond

as long as it is fun, i will support it

top topics

join