It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cities gear up for Olympics vote (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
London, Madrid, Moscow, New York and Paris will all make final presentations to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in Singapore
After this IOC members will be voting on which country the Olympics will be held in 2012

news.bbc.co.uk
The presentations are the last chance for the bidding cities to persuade Olympic officials to vote for them, and bring to an end their 18-month campaigns.

Each gets a maximum of 45 minutes to make its case.

Lord Coe, the London 2012 bid chairman, has said his team have rehearsed their final presentation to "within an inch of their lives".

It is expected to include a recorded message from Prime Minister Tony Blair, who headed back to Britain for the G8 summit in Scotland after spending 48 hours lobbying alongside the bid team in Singapore.

Just 10 people are allowed on stage for the presentations, and there will be 15 minutes of questions from the floor after each one.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is the final chance for the 5 countries to persuade the IOC to vote in their interest and give them a chance to host this event

In my personal view I would like to see it hosted here in the UK in London as it generate jobs and make use of derelict areas of land

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
i think london or new york should get it

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I especially loved this article about the rock star reception Hillary Clinton recieved from the delegates there.

I guess she is at least giving NYC a chance at it.

But while many of the delegates were ducking some of the high-profile names seeking to woo them, at least one of those doing the wooing turned the tables. Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton was greeted like a rock star as she made her way around this Asian island on Tuesday promoting New York for the 2012 Summer Games. Delegates sought to have their photograph taken with her, or at least get an autograph. While many showed up late for their meetings with other representatives of the five cities bidding, they showed up early for Mrs. Clinton, sometimes standing in line.

NYT Article

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
If new york gets it my family might go so I want it to happen in New York. Go New York!! I

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I live in New York and I guess I'd like to see it here, but it certainly would be a madhouse....I really just hope that the French don't get it!

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Moscow and New York have just been eliminated from the running!

Two down, two to go!

Come on London!!!!!

Link To Full Story!!!!!

Mic

[edit on 6/7/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Madrid has also been eliminated, leaving just London and Paris! And we all know whos going to win dont we........London of course (fingers crossed)!!!

Link!!!!!

Mic

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
DRUMROLL

London!!! Wooo!

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The winner is London.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Congratulations to London and the Brits!

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
This is a really good opportunity for us, plenty of jobs will be generated and tourism will rocket. The only potential problem is our lack of stadium...

Again, a fantastic opportunity, let's hope or government doesn't mess it up.

T

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Thanks Jacque! Without your input Paris might have won!

new topics

top topics

join