It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures from New York

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I took tons of pictures but these are the ones I choose to share with all of you because of the lack of us goofing off in the rest

I think a few of these could make really good wallpaper and screensavers.

First Up Yankees Games Father's Day 6/19/05

external image

external image

external image

[edit on 7-5-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
From the top of the Empire State Building:

external image

external image

external image

external image

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
no one likes my pictures
just kidding

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ooooh nice.

One of your photos from the ESB has my office building in it

I hope you had a nice time here WW!!

You sure had some good seats at the stadium.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Nice pictures ive been to a yankee game or two its preety fun, you have some great pictures i wish i had pictures like that but im too lazy to take the train to get to the esb my father goes down to the city every tuesday but not for too long so i dont really go..but ive seen the esb up close in manhattan a few times the needle is huge, I was also infront of the trump tower once lol
but yeah i have to start getting out and getting good pictures. What kind of camera did you use?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I had a great time in NYC, I actually appreciate the city more now that I did the tourist thing than when I actually lived there.

I had the best seats I have ever had at Yankee Stadium, usually it has been the bleachers for us, but my bro-in-law got us seats 9 rows back behind home plate

But don't buy your Yankee memorablia there, shop in Modells or any other sports store in the city for better prices on hats and t-shirts. There's also a Yankee Store on 42nd Street.

The camera used was an Olympus 3.2 mp Camedia Digital Camera D-535. I got it right before the trip and it takes really great pictures, the zoom is amazing on this camera.

Anyone living or going to NY for a visit, I highly recommend hitting all the tourist spots, but don't forget to include ChinaTown and Downtown Brooklyn into your trip. I did my best shopping at those two areas.

I was in lalaland when I got to the garment district...I found everything I have ever looked for there, all the beads, laces, trims and fabrics you could ever want or need.

If you have kids, a visit to the ToysRUs flagship store in Times Square along with a ride on the ferris wheel inside the building is a must. The Madame Toussant wax museum is expensive but it was fun and worth it imo. If you're kids are into Comics, try visiting Midtown Comics in the Times Square area.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yeah those are nice seats its a good thing you got a good deal

You sound like a true new yorker already lol and yes the prices in the stadium are expensive also thats a very nice camera i have a simple 100 doller camera which is ok but i have to buy another one soon so i can get some good quality pictures. Nice pictures non the less and it was good that you enjoyed your trip thats the main thing.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Sounds like you had a great time.

The toys r us store is a wonderful place to take kids. For tourists and residents a like. It's a great time all around.

As for product pricing... it's pretty much a given for us NYC residents to NEVER EVER buy sports memoribilia at the event itself. You gotta be nuts. They'll charge you like 40 bucks for a shirt.

Buy 'em in the parking lot after the even for $5!! Er, I didn't say that. Truth is those are knock offs and will fade out after a wash or two.

You learn stuff like that from living here, or I guess even from visiting often. It's a whole world unto itself.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
shadowman my camera was $129 or something close to that on sale, I bought a memory chip that set me back an additional $50 or so, and with warranty my total was about $215. not too bad, the best investment is the extra memory, so you don't have rush to download your pics.

I can take about 300 pictures before I have to download.

djarums, I really did, seeing and being with the family was fun, (I went for a wedding) but I really enjoyed my day to myself roaming the city without the kids. Got to see all my old haunts and few new favorites spots too.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Very nice photos, WW.
Looks like you had yourself an awesome time!

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If your not from there and you head off into the streets with no map... well you get lost lol, at least I did... I had to call my sisters husband who used to work int he city help get me out I went from 1st street, to queens, through brooklyn, to back into the city, up 7th, and i forget the rest...
That was one adventure i'll never forget lol...

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tbare
If your not from there and you head off into the streets with no map... well you get lost...

Awww.....But that's always so much fun!! No honestly...I did that in DC once and had a blast....

Talk about something new around every corner
......Suuure, so I had a tough time finding my way back to where I needed to be - But like you said, it's something you'll never forget!

Of course, these days, that may not be the safest idea if you don't have your wits about you.....

WW - I'm so jealous.....I made plans to go for my BD in August...Then I bumped it up to September b/c of some business-related travel I'll be doing then....And now I'm really not sure if I can even do it in September....

I MUST go to New York soon.....I love Tallahassee, but I need some of my big-city life back....

I need more negative reinforcement for when I say words like "ya'll" and "ain't"...or when I ask for extra ice in my sweet tea....

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I dont suppose you got any photos of the void once known as WTC1 and 2

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I didn't get lost at all, but I can't tell you number of times I took the subway the wrong way, only to realize it after the first stop passed by

Enron, I hope you get to go soon.

I'm going again in the beginning of August, only 4 days this time, another wedding!

Global, I didn't take any pics of the WTC zone in specific persay, it's really in all honesty, a construction site.
I have pics from the area, but they all include my boys, talking to cops, peeping thru the fence etc. I'll see if I have any suitable for posting.

[edit on 7-13-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Thanx for the pics WW...you have saved a bunch of money... i dont have to go there anymore... i seen what i wanted to see..from the top of the Empire State building ...hehehehe

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
ive been to Nyc many times , i didnt like it.
most of the people wer nice enough.
But overall just to busy for me.

new topics

top topics

join