It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
OK... There are a lot of posts on here about coming wars, famine, plagues etc.. There are some of you who believe and some who don’t, the ones who don’t look away now please

What i am interested to know is...

Those of you who believe, that we are heading for a major change, are you preparing for it??

And if so, how?

Maybe you have stocked up on extra food, maybe you have purchased a gun (if you live in the USA) or maybe you are preparing spiritually...

Just curious to see how many people, who believe in some of the prophecies, are preparing for them.

thanks

[edit on 5-7-2005 by undercoverchef]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I remember at the hight of the cold war in the 1980s. Two couples that were freinds of my parents had a plan to move to Australia if the Soviets launched nuclear missles. They were members of Greenpeace at the time. Big escape plans.

My mum couldnt care less. They said they had better things to worry about like paying the mortgage. My dad summed it up when I asked him, I must have been five or six, "Dad, if we do get nuclear bombed will we have enough time to get to the airport?"

His reply, "exactly son." It took me till I was about 14 to suss out that he meant by the time we know there has been nuclear missles launched their wont be enough time to get to the airport and there sure as hell isnt going to be any flights out the country for any civilians.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
My Physics class had a discussion of this sort, back in the 70's.

The professor suggested that if we were to find out that our closest major city was the target of a nuclear attack, he would get into his car and head that way. Better to be at ground zero than to die a slow death from radiation poisoning. A bit dark and fatalistic, but if you had no other options.....

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
My Physics class had a discussion of this sort, back in the 70's.

The professor suggested that if we were to find out that our closest major city was the target of a nuclear attack, he would get into his car and head that way. Better to be at ground zero than to die a slow death from radiation poisoning. A bit dark and fatalistic, but if you had no other options.....

Ive always said the same. I would never want to survive a nuclear war. Id be out washing myself in the fall out if it came to it. With Glasgow having a couple of nuclear power station not too far away from it, a naval base and a few other high up the list targets near by I dont think I need to worry about surviving. I wont know the war started until I was dead.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I feel extreme changes are coming. I don't know what kind but my GF [who is moderately psychic] feels it will bio-terroism.

Yes, we do have extra food, medicine, water, guns and ammo and other gear.

Most people I know feel the same and are prepared in much the same manner.

If a serious disaster/attack happens, chaos will insue 3 days after the electricy stops.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I feel extreme changes are coming.

People allways say this. They said that itwas building up around the millenium. Didn't happen. Then they said it was builidng up with the elections, didn't happen. Peopel thought Clinton was going to instal a soviet-liberal dictatorship or invite the UN in and have Blue Helmets policing the streets, didn't happen. They said it would happen this year, we're more than half-way thru, hasn't happened. In a few years we'll be talking about it again. And then when its 2011 people are going ot get hysterical. And then in 2015 probably, still, nothing's going to happen. No one went to bed Sept 10th 'knowing' that something big was going to happen, there wasn't a society wide fear. No one was at all concerned before the Tsunami, and hell there was an 8+ earthquake in the region days before it, still, there was no hysteria and premonitions of disaster, those things were all unexpected. Same here, nothing that 'mild psyhics' predict is ever going to happen, and when something 'big' does happen (eventually something somewhere has to happen), its going to be unexpected and out of the blue.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Very true Nygdan, however it never hurts to be prepared.

I don't believe in any of the prophecies, however as soon as I buy a home I plan on stockpiling a few necessities, just because you never know.

It never hurts to be prepared. I already have a nice stockpile started on firearms, unfortunately my apartment doesn't have room for months of food and water.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

I feel extreme changes are coming.

People always say this.

Yep. I've been hearing 'I feel something is going to happen' since
the '80's. The 'something' being a BIG earthchange type thing.
Nothing 'of biblical size' has happened. Someday it will ... and I
guess folks will be sitting around saying .. 'if felt that it would' ...

Anyways, if folks are concerned, just get yourselves some water
barrells and some food stocks (don't forget the can openers!).
That should ease the worries.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind
unfortunately my apartment doesn't have room for
months of food and water.

Hey ... if all breaks down you won't have sanitation either.
Being in an apartment .. well .. it's gunna' smell bad!
So don't forget the portapotty. Get a campers 'toilet'.
It's a plastic bucket and you can use garbage bags as
liners and put some kitty litter inside.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Hey ... if all breaks down you won't have sanitation either.
Being in an apartment .. well .. it's gunna' smell bad!
So don't forget the portapotty. Get a campers 'toilet'.
It's a plastic bucket and you can use garbage bags as
liners and put some kitty litter inside.

Also... when you dispose of your plastic bag containing excrement. You should make a small whole in the bag and then through the bag as far from the entrance to you shelter as possible. Making a whole in the bag serves two purposes...

1) The whole will keep the fly’s away from your shelter (as long as they are bothering the bag they aint bothering you)

2) It will help prevent the bag from exploding (yes i know it sounds crazy) from all of the methane and other gases released. Last thing you want is a sh!t balloon going pop near your shelter.

People allways say this. They said that itwas building up around the millenium. Didn't happen. Then they said it was builidng up with the elections, didn't happen. Peopel thought Clinton was going to instal a soviet-liberal dictatorship or invite the UN in and have Blue Helmets policing the streets, didn't happen. They said it would happen this year, we're more than half-way thru, hasn't happened. In a few years we'll be talking about it again. And then when its 2011 people are going ot get hysterical. And then in 2015 probably, still, nothing's going to happen. No one went to bed Sept 10th 'knowing' that something big was going to happen, there wasn't a society wide fear. No one was at all concerned before the Tsunami, and hell there was an 8+ earthquake in the region days before it, still, there was no hysteria and premonitions of disaster, those things were all unexpected. Same here, nothing that 'mild psyhics' predict is ever going to happen, and when something 'big' does happen (eventually something somewhere has to happen), its going to be unexpected and out of the blue.

No offence but this thread is not about if you believe something is going to happen.

This thread is aimed at those who do believe and asking them how they are preparing.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   

No one went to bed Sept 10th 'knowing' that something big was going to happen

Thats debatable.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
You don't prepare for earthly gain.......if the prophecies are for the end of times and the appearance of the Antichrist then one all needs to do is prepare the SOUL .
When Christ said ''man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God" (Matt. 4:4)
He meant that FOOD for the body should not be our main concern.....but food that is nourishment for the soul such as prayer should come first.....

It is also said in Prophecy that in the times of the Antichrist the earth will change.....
Nature will change and the earth will not give us food.
The Two prophets who are Elias and Enoch.....who will be in charge of the weather..will stop it from raining.
quote///
Throughout his life, Elias showed utter disdain for his personal circumstances and safety, and he was unafraid to tell the truth, even to those who could kill him. He foretold a great drought, with his righteous anger obscuring from him even his own bodily needs, and the Lord did not abandon his chosen one, but led him to the brook Cherith, to feed him with ravens.
We see this pattern throughout the Prophet's life. He acts according to zeal, and the Lord protects him, rewarding his great faith.
We must also strive to have such zeal and faith, and stand in the truth only, obeying the words of our Savior: "Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat?
or, What shall we drink?
or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? [32] (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek
for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. [33] But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Mat 6:31-33)

In the times when the Antichrist will rule(be it for a short while)many will simply get the MARK because HUNGER will seem more important ......so that is why the Christ taught the Apostles that they must FAST and pray.....
''pray without ceasing"
And also The Old Testament Prophets fasted.

IX
helen

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I am not preparing for anything in particular, but i am learning to be more self sufficient instead of depending on Superstores, shopping complexes, etc that make things so very easy for you.
Yeah, people have been expecting and preparing for change and doom for years, i guess its part of human nature, but our world is changing right now, so it is good to prepare yourself for whatever may happen.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I am not preparing for anything in particular, but i am learning to be more self sufficient instead of depending on Superstores

Same with me,

i am currently looking at ways to fend for my self a little more,

Simple things like growing my own Veg and potaotes.

I guess to start depending on 1 less thing is a start,

Also reading alot more suvival skills, trying to up my knowledge on some simple skills that could intern safe lifes....
also learning a little more first aid, You never know when you may need it,

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Watch the stockmarkets. If the # is going to hit the fan and someone knows about it then they are going to offload all their shares at the best price.

new topics

top topics

join