It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green indian significance...anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Ok...not sure if I should post here or not but here goes. Does anyone with any knowledge of native-american culture or otherwise have any idea what the significance of a "green indian" would be? Here's the story....my little brother age 21, has been visited by a "green indian" throughout his life. No, he's not schizo or crazy...has always been mature and sensitive. When he was little, he visited him (while awake) and told him...don't be afraid. Of course, he screamed his head off and ran out of the room. Mostly he comes to him in his dreams. When he graduated from high school, he wanted to join the navy. He took all the tests, etc., and signed some form of commitment papers to take submarine training. Wanted to be a missile tech. Shortly after that,the "green indian" came to him in a dream and took him underwater where he showed him a submarine sinking to the bottom of the ocean. The only words the indian said to him were..."are you comfortable with this?" Needless to say, he did NOT join the navy. I haven't asked him about anymore visitations but wanted to see if any ATS member had any feedback. Personally, I think he's some sort of "guide"

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
green indian? not heard of that before. It is possible though that he has made friends with a nature spirit and it is guiding him. Technically a spirit has no form and can take what ever they wish.

-Aza

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Sounds like the spirit of mescal, I forget his name, but he has reappeared in modern culture as little green men from mars, that weird little green alien in the Flintstones and other stuff.
Robert Anton Wilson goes into detail about him in his "Cosmic Trigger" books.

Basically people who use mescaline end up seeing him. Children had a mescaline like
chemical in their brains, that wanes as we age. This is why our imaginations are so
active as children and colors look so yummy.

Links to the Green Man myth

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
If you want to find out about "Mescalito" the spirit of Peyote; Read "The Teachings of Don Juan" by Carlos Castenada.

Mescalito usually isn't a spirit guide. He/it normally manifests as the trickster to open up other modes of thinking and perceiving.

If your brother has Mescalito as a guide, he is fortunate indeed.

However It may not be Mescalito. It could be just an angel dressed up.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
wait! ive definately heard this before!

sigh.....google so far just has green indian neckties, green indian tea, the green indian parrot, the Green Indian Company!

i know ive heard of this somewhere so bear with me for a sec.

"Green Indian company: committed to preserving the environment" maybe its some form of symbolism?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Well, i know indians considered green to be a sacred color. A life color they call it, one of two the other being red. maybe this has some significance to your brothers indian.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Are you SURE it was an indian, not aboriginee, monk, wildman...anything!! as that would bring up entirely different results........

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
Are you SURE it was an indian, not aboriginee, monk, wildman...anything!! as that would bring up entirely different results........

Indeed.

What makes the green man an Indian?

I have heard of people seeing little green glowing men on ATS before. Although I've never heard anyone say it was an Indian. There was one Native American who said he seen a little glowing green man that the closest I've ever heard to this.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Ya know...I'm assuming that he thinks he's an indian because of his attire and...I really can't say why he associates the color green with him but...I'll ask. He's just always called him the "green indian". The submarine thing really scared him silly though so he takes it seriously.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
well theres this.......dont know if it helps, you'll have to read it, its all about the myths of the green man, originating in india, representing life, death, fertility and rebirth....

www.maljonicsdreams.com...

and from mythsdreamssymbols.com

Green - Green commonly symbolizes the fertility of Nature (as in the Green Man, the spirit of fecundity). In your dreams, therefore, it may indicate personal growth, some new development in your personality.

finally from a dream site - Growth and serenity. There are projects which you are enthusiastic about. Great pleasures from simple things.

next to nothing useful without additional info sorry!

[edit on 5-7-2005 by Shadow88]

new topics

top topics

join