It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've changed my opinion regarding the War in Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike at ATS

What act? Its a show that I used to watch before it got cancelled. And my forum is a new project I decided to take up. Again, truths are simpler than what some conspiracy theorists distort it to be.

[edit on 7/5/2005 by Mike at ATS]

lol, it does sound like you ended up in the wrong place.
might be better off going back to the sane world, after all there are no confusing conspiracies there.
heres a link back news.bbc.co.uk...

btw, if youve got a Bush, youve got a middle east war, it appears the truth is as simple as that. I supect the family is compromised by their Saudi funding.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ray Davies
How about some consistency? Has Kim-Jong Il allowed weapons inspectors in? Where is the invasion of North Korea?

Gee, was there a war with them recently where they were to comply with inspections and didn't?

Guess I missed that...

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I agree with the green circle, except I don't think we should invade Israel, Jordan or Turkey. That'd be nonsense.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Originally posted by Ray Davies
Iraq was on the neo-con radar years before 9/11.

Well, probably for a little known thing called "the attack and invasion of Kuwait."

and just after 9/11
when bush wanted to point the finger at Iraq
but had to go after afgan

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
[and just after 9/11
when bush wanted to point the finger at Iraq
but had to go after afgan

yeah the Islamic terrorists wasnt happy wen we decided to come give a visit, im sure nobody would be happy about that.
if u were a terrorist im sure u be mad wen American and other troops decided to come to one of yer training camps and ruin yer party. terrorists dont like being bothered.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike at ATS

Proceed with Operation: Wipe out Terrorists

Now the US government has intelligence indicating that a high population of terrorists resides within this green circle:

Proceed with invasion of those countries in the green circle. One by One.

Are you a CEO for Haliburton?

Should I invest?

I also have some ideas. I'll E-mail them to you to Mike at Haliburton.war

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I agree with the green circle, except I don't think we should invade Israel, Jordan or Turkey. That'd be nonsense.

Agreed!

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
That green circle is hillarious. How long did it take you to retrieve that information? Just watching Hollywood movies gave me that same info years ago.

As I was sitting here typing the above, I stumbled upon a brochure my mom picked up earlier today lying next to me. It sasy 'Life's too short to clean your own home'. It is an add from the Cleaning authority. I laughed at this and then thought how true the application of that phrase is to the US's foreign policy in the Middle-East: 'Either give us the terrorist (bad guys)....nah, sh!t we'll just do it ourselves since you're too lazy.'
I think it's good policy as people are too lazzy/tired to clean their own homes the way certain Middle-East countries are afraid to clean house of wanted suspects. That green area represents the portion the US is cleaning shop, and alittle to the east of the Green Line(funn?) where Paqistan is.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Nah I think Bush is as evil as Hitler if not even more

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I think your thinking on Iraq is a confused and disorganized and vague as the Whitehouse's.

Afghanistan was a harbor for terrorists because it was a chaotic battle ground between a bunch of war-lords.

Iraq was a stable state, That was run by a man who's paranoid ego didn't allow for anyone or anything other than himself to occupy is territory, including terrorist training grounds. [No WMDs, No link to 911]

These poor suckers in the Whitehouse expected the Iraqis to cheer and applaud us.

Lets look at a few historical points, . . 1)We were Sadams ally when he gassed 5000 Kurds. 2)We encouraged uprisings after the Gulf war and gave no assistance when people did rise up. 3)The war lasted what? 3 weeks? So the Iraqis weren't tired and worn out and willing to accept anything, they were excited and charged up and spoiling for just about any kind of fight.

Then the war was won.
Did we jump in with both feet to fix infrastructure to seduce Iraqis with improved living conditions?
Did we put enough troops down to force the restless energized Iraqis to toe the line?
Did we sit down and try to have a dialogue with as many Iraqi people to engage them and get their advice and find out what they think?

No, No & No.

Now Iraq is a chaotic battle ground between various factions, criminals, foreign terrorists who just want to come shoot at the US, members of Saddam's regime and home-grown insurgents that just want the US out of there.

It is not improving. I am pretty sure based on most accounts that it is getting worse. Bush and the American people don't want to put more troops in which would help. At some point we are going to leave and it will become even more chaotic, unless some steel handed tyrannt rises up to replace Saddam. There is a snowball's chance in Hell of it becoming some kind of democracy, but the smart money isn't betting on that.

Anyone who thinks or imagines what we have done in Iraq has put us ahead of where we were and not behind and was worth the current price tag of 1/5th of a TRILLION dollars, please raise your hand.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Zed...earlier in the thread you stated that the US booted sad old Saddam from Kuwait...but you´ve forgotten something.

Im ENGLISH..and i was their with 70,000 of my brothers in arms ALSO booting Saddam from Kuwait.

I also recall FRENCH troop..if i recall correctly we were a CO-ALLITION FORCE.

It angers me somewhat when the US talk as if they handled it all themselves..

Its the same in IRAQ, we are there ASWELL you know, WE suffer casualties and deaths, WE kill and capture..

Its funny but when the US invade a country like PANAMA they dont ask for help because they are fighting a bunch of spear throwers...
But when the S*** hits the fan and theres a REAL war the US dont take a crap without asking Tony Blair if its alright to wipe their butts..

And as for the green circle on the map, why invade CYPRUS..there are enough British troops there to control whatever threat..

Mike, you and West Point should marry and open your own web page, and call it "BLIND NAIVE PATRIOTS THAT SWALLOW ANYTHING THAT IM TOLD.COM"

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
Zed...earlier in the thread you stated that the US booted sad old Saddam from Kuwait...but you´ve forgotten something.

Im ENGLISH..and i was their with 70,000 of my brothers in arms ALSO booting Saddam from Kuwait.

I also recall FRENCH troop..if i recall correctly we were a CO-ALLITION FORCE.

It angers me somewhat when the US talk as if they handled it all themselves..

Its the same in IRAQ, we are there ASWELL you know, WE suffer casualties and deaths, WE kill and capture..

Its funny but when the US invade a country like PANAMA they dont ask for help because they are fighting a bunch of spear throwers...
But when the S*** hits the fan and theres a REAL war the US dont take a crap without asking Tony Blair if its alright to wipe their butts..

And as for the green circle on the map, why invade CYPRUS..there are enough British troops there to control whatever threat..

Mike, you and West Point should marry and open your own web page, and call it "BLIND NAIVE PATRIOTS THAT SWALLOW ANYTHING THAT IM TOLD.COM"

Whatever. I guess I have to remind you that I stated I was against the war in Iraq from the start and that I'm not all that patriotic.

AGAIN, THE CIRCLE I DREW ISN'T DRAWN TO EXACTLY SCALE MY IDEA OF WHAT COUNTRIES SHOULD/ARE GOING TO BE INVADED... I DREW THE CIRCLE ON A LAPTOP TOUCHPAD MOUSE WHICH IS VERY DIFFICULT TO MAKE A CIRCLE WITH MIND YOU. THE CIRCLE IS JUST OUTLINING A GENERAL AREA, DON'T TAKE IT LITERALLY YOU FUNDEMENTALISTS!!!111!11eleven!!!

Ahh England. I just returned from a semester of college in London actually. England is just a more expensive version of canada... Cold, surrounded by water, people talk goofy, and people live there but they dont know why...Glad to be back home!

[edit on 7/6/2005 by Mike at ATS]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I can tell you Mike , there are one or two million Englishmen and women, and everyone in the college you went to, who are glad that your back home aswell.

We talk "GOOFY" , what the hell is that suppose to mean??

You use words like "GOOFY" in your discussion, and YOUR critical of the way the English speak ??

I hope to god that when the domination of the world by the USA is complete they teach everyone to speak the queens english and not the dribble filled dialect that our colonial cousins speak in the good ole USA.

God Save The Queen (trumpet call, cheers, shouts of joy etc....)

Your president lied to provoke an illegal war in which the sole benefactor is the president and his cronies, Rice, Cheney etc..maybe you should draw a green circle around the White House and let the right minded people of your country invade it..

The easiest way to secure the victory of evil is for good people to do nothing...and this has now happened with the murder of 3000 people on 9/11 by its own government and the subsequent invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq purely and simpley for OIL.

Once again GOD SAVE THE QUEEN (loud fanfare, jubilation, flag waving etc)

[edit on 6-7-2005 by andy1972]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I can tell you Mike , there are one or two million Englishmen and women, and everyone in the college you went to, who are glad that your back home aswell.

No way dude, I don't believe you actually surveyed 2 million people who actaully said "I'm glad Mike's gone."

We talk "GOOFY" , what the hell is that suppose to mean??

It means what it means chap. It means not annunciating the Ts in words like water and little..GOOFY!

You use words like "GOOFY" in your discussion, and YOUR critical of the way the English speak ??

Yeah, I do. I have this odd tendency to use words in the dictionary.

I hope to god that when the domination of the world by the USA is complete they teach everyone to speak the queens english and not the dribble filled dialect that our colonial cousins speak in the good ole USA.

Gosh, I hope not. I like annunciating my Ts.

God Save The Queen (trumpet call, cheers, shouts of joy etc....)

You were thinking The Queen was me, weren't you? Hahahahahaha. No, silly! The Queen, of course, is you.

Your president lied to provoke an illegal war in which the sole benefactor is the president and his cronies, Rice, Cheney etc..maybe you should draw a green circle around the White House and let the right minded people of your country invade it..

No, it wasn't an illegal war. That myth has already been debunked.
Though, President Bush and his administration did play down the facts for diplomatic, bureaucratic reasons because the American people are still viewed as children by them, I'll give you that much. Now when you go off saying The Bush administration is the sole benefactor, well you're wrong mate. You see, I consider myself a benefactor because the amount of terrorists are being significantly reduced in the middle east. Thus increasing my safety. Weee I'm benefiting for this war OH NOES!!!!1!eleven!!1

The easiest way to secure the victory of evil is for good people to do nothing...and this has now happened with the murder of 3000 people on 9/11 by its own government and the subsequent invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq purely and simpley for OIL.

I believe the accurate quote is The only thing necessary for evil to triumph. is for good men to do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke, an AMERICAN revolutionist. And that is the role our Government has taken, the role of good men. I don't care how naive that sounds, that's my humble opinion.

And I can't believe nefarious forces high up in government got planes hijacked and flown into giant office towers with thousands inside. I'm a harsh critic of the Bushes, but accusing them of this is scurrilous and just plain wrong. There is a corruption in our corporately influenced government that is really, really bad, but it's not on this level. Just on a practical level, you mean Uncle Sam got nineteen Arabs to kill themselves for a reason OTHER then religious fervor? Cynical is needed, but like anything else, it can go too far old boy.

Once again GOD SAVE THE QUEEN (loud fanfare, jubilation, flag waving etc)

If you do actually live in England, you would know that your probably 1 out of every 10k that actually cares about the fake monarchy.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What a minute andy, the invasion of afghanistan was to remove the taliban, i dont believe afghanistan has any oil.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."

Colin Powell said that, and I think he raises a fantastic point. So many assume that America's intentions can't be good willed, they can't be for freedom, because that's just too selfless. They assume America must be going in for the resources, to take them over. Afghanistan, the claim is, was taken over so the CIA could gain extra funding through the opium trade. Iraq was done for oil. It couldn't have been done for liberty, and it couldn't be done for safety, because many see other targets as more paramount to security threats.

Quite frankly, the middle east is a major security threat to the US. Most of the terrorists that attacked us on 9-11 came out of Saudi Arabia. Yet, from a diplomatic standpoint, Iraq was the one middle east nation that didn't have stalwart support of other middle eastern countries. By going in there and instituting democracy, we lessened the chance of other middle eastern nations rising up against us in the open. Were we to have gone after Syria, Iran, or Saudi Arabia, the results could have been very different. Now, Iraq instituting elections has disrupted the entire region, and may create a more secure environment there.

These radical islamic terrorists are exactly that, radical. They are not the norm, and if the people in these nations get in power, it is very possible we'll see a changing of the old guard. However, Iran's recent elections makes one wonder if that's true.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

From Mike at ATS
Ahh England. I just returned from a semester of college in London actually. England is just a more expensive version of canada... Cold, surrounded by water, people talk goofy, and people live there but they dont know why...Glad to be back home!

As you can see from my avatar, I'm from the UK. I thought i might educate you on the different forms of dialect throughout the UK, seeing as though you seem to think we all speak "goofy".

In London, they have the "cockney", who speaks in a totally different dialect from those in Newcastle. Those from Newcastle are called "Geordie's". (see, i am educating you
. Read on) In Birmingham they have "brummies: who also speak with a different dialect. (Still with me here?
)
In Yorkshire, they speak in a very broad accent that differs from those mentioned above.

To say that we in the UK talk "goofy" just shows how much education you still need. You obviously know nothing of English dialects. After all, you adopted the English language and bastardized it to suit your own needs. Fair play, I have no problem with that. Just don't think that you are the better language speakers. (by calling us "goofy", you obviously do think that way).

So, to end this education for you, i can only surmise that the college you went to, was for speech improvement, and common courtesy. Reading your post, i have to assume you failed on both counts.

So endeth the lesson for the uneducated.

[edit on 6-7-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie

From Mike at ATS

As you can see from my avatar, I'm from the UK. I thought i might educate you on the different forms of dialect throughout the UK, seeing as though you seem to think we all speak "goofy".

In London, they have the "cockney", who speaks in a totally different dialect from those in Newcastle. Those from Newcastle are called "Geordie's". (see, i am educating you
. Read on) In Birmingham they have "brummies: who also speak with a different dialect. (Still with me here?
)
In Yorkshire, they speak in a very broad accent that differs from those mentioned above.

To say that we in the UK talk "goofy" just shows how much education you still need. You obviously know nothing of English dialects. After all, you adopted the English language and bastardized it to suit your own needs. Fair play, I have no problem with that. Just don't think that you are the better language speakers. (by calling us "goofy", you obviously do think that way).

So, to end this education for you, i can only surmise that the college you went to, was for speech improvement, and common courtesy. Reading your post, i have to assume you failed on both counts.

So endeth the lesson for the uneducated.

[edit on 6-7-2005 by Bikereddie]

I'm sorry, are you challenged? I did not say anywhere anything about the UK (UK includes Wales, Scotland, N. Ireland), I just mentioned England... so who looks stupid now?

Yeah, Imperial College did suck.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Check the avatar like i said. Now whos the stupid one? England is in the UK

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
Check the avatar like i said. Now whos the stupid one? England is in the UK

You should have said England. You said:

To say that we in the UK talk...

Usually known simply as the United Kingdom or the UK, it is also often inaccurately called Great Britain, Britain or *England* (the most populous of the home nations).

en.wikipedia.org...

The UK isn't England, England is England.

Case in point, if I said England is like a run-down neighborhood, I meant England. If I said Europe is like a run-down neighborhood, then I meant Europe, which includes England. However, I limited my comment to England exclusively, excluding the rest of Europe. In my case, I limited my comment to England exclusively, excluding the rest of the United Kingdom. Understand now?

Lecture endeth or whatever ...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join