It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've changed my opinion regarding the War in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Now I've been opposed to the idea of the present war in Iraq from the start. Recently, however, I have changed my mind. After the 2005 Iraq elections I became skeptical about protesting the war. Now I have come to agree with the war in Iraq. Here's my reasoning:

An estimate of 3,000 people died on the 11th of September 2001. Now, the United States cannot let the most catastrophic event since Pear Harbor go without action; especially since most of the deaths were civilians, as opposed to Pearl Harbor.

Now, the US gov't knows those responsible are fundementalist terrorists. The problem, is that they are all decentralized and not all of them are under one roof.

Proceed with Operation: Wipe out Terrorists

Now the US government has intelligence indicating that a high population of terrorists resides within this green circle:

Proceed with invasion of those countries in the green circle. One by One.

The US gov't knows that this is going to be a very controversial action. So they go after Afghanistan first, target : The taliban who refused to turn over the suspects. The US gov't knew that the taliban was never going to turnover the suspects anyway, so they were already ready for war.

After Afghanistan, it was always going to be Iraq next. It was a good choice really as the next candidate for invasion. Iraq had a weak military, no real allies, and had a totalitarian regime with a sinister dictator. So Iraq would be next, and so it was.

My Conclusion:
The US gov't probably did "lie" about the real reasoning for invading Iraq because the US Gov't apparently still considers the American people children, and treats us as so. However, I do believe the US government is looking out for its citizens.

My prediction for invasion after the dust settles in Iraq? Iran.

Discuss.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by Mike at ATS]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
welcome mike !

try the search function, it will allow you to participate in threads already covering this topic.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Your Green circle should be expanded to cover the entire globe.

sporty

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think you are right on for the most part.

However I doubt we invade any more countries unless the crap hits the fan. We will first stabilize Iraq and see what affect that has on the region.

Hopefully Iran and Syria will go democratic once they see a prosperous Iraq.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Nice work, Mike...and I readily agree with your suspicions about the next push.

If you look at your map, you will notice that the occupation of Iran would have the effect of dividing the Middle East into two parts. This would remove the ability of these nations to assist each other, both from the 'stans' to the north east and the Saudi/Egyptian influence from the south west.

The truly worrying aspect is that American Forces would hold positions dangerously close to the Russian border in the north. Provoking Putin by an Iranian invasion could very well have profound effects on the mindset of the Russians towards America.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Your Green circle should be expanded to cover the entire globe.

What? Are tibetian monks, soccer moms, and starving Africans wearing suicide vests and marching around saying to death to Israel?

The War on Terrorism is a euphmesim to the War on Arab Terrorist Idiots who think they can take out the US.

However the green circle should be expanded to Pakistan.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Mike,

We would appreciate NOT advertizing for your newly created forum site here.

Thanks.

BTW - I think personally, this thread was simply created to stir up some flames so expect many to treat it as such.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Oh Sorry if I violated forum rules. Ill take it down.

Thanks guys, ATS is an awesome place to be indeed.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Mike....I notice that your circle makes an obvious detour to get Azerbaijan within it....why is this? Just curious...thanks

sporty

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike at ATS
Oh Sorry if I violated forum rules. Ill take it down.

Thanks guys, ATS is an awesome place to be indeed.

No worries. Go to the main page and email Admin for permission. Easy as that.

Appreciate your response.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Haha, well its a bit difficult for me to make a rather neat circle on a laptopn touchpad mouse

The circle isnt exactly accurate to my ideas, but you guys get the general concept.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Mike at ATS.. Your hypothesis aligns itself perfectly with the daily opinions of America's favorite political pundits. You know the Ann Coulters who frequently fill our broadcasting airwaves with nothing more than plain old gaaaaaaaarbage!..

Swallow the red pill next time and open your eyes to acceptance instead of denial. Yea sure the US/Bush administration lied? I got news for you, so did Hitler! Perhaps we should have let him follow through with his contingency plan?

Who are we fighting in Iraq anyways? Militant fathers and brothers seeking revenge for the lost of their loved ones to napalm bombing? Or those rascal insurgenterrorists that our President refuses to define?

ATS, a good place to select your ignorance.. oh, and discuss it too aparantly!

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
well a top notch intelligence briefing, do you work for US intelligence it looks about their standard and level of comprehension.

seriously, i dont think those terrorists are just gonna go away once america occupies those countries.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
haha, Military Intelligence is an oxymoron. So I guess it would be up to par with War Room briefings

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Mike at ATS.. Your hypothesis aligns itself perfectly with the daily opinions of America's favorite political pundits. You know the Ann Coulters who frequently fill our broadcasting airwaves with nothing more than plain old gaaaaaaaarbage!..

Swallow the red pill next time and open your eyes to acceptance instead of denial. Yea sure the US/Bush administration lied? I got news for you, so did Hitler! Perhaps we should have let him follow through with his contingency plan?

Who are we fighting in Iraq anyways? Militant fathers and brothers seeking revenge for the lost of their loved ones to napalm bombing? Or those rascal insurgenterrorists that our President refuses to define?

ATS, a good place to select your ignorance.. oh, and discuss it too aparantly!

Clicks the Way Above. Great post, maybe "Mike at ATS" will grow from this new found piece of information.

PS I agree with the war in Iraq, but not for the general reasons pointed out by "Mike at ATS: with his imaginary green circle hoping for the next Armageddon.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by websurfer]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer

Bush, and his administration, isn't Hitler. You're ignoring the first rule for being taken seriously by grown-ups, which is don't call everyone/thing you don't like, Hitler. Bush is not Hitler. For one thing, Hitler was a decorated frontline combat veteran.

Also, in the election that brought him to power in 1933, Hitler got more votes than the other candidate. And Hitler had a mustache. So let's all take a rest from playing the Hitler card, unless we're talking about Saddam Hussein. Now that guy was Hitler.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Trust me guy the U.S. Gov is about to be destroyed in WW3 By Russia, sometime after the illegaly attack Iran after the U.S. Blows up a nuke in a U.S. city and poisons the U.S. food supply, the U.S. Gov will then blame it on AL-Qeied then some how tie it to Iran then the U.S. Gov will say "we have to start the draft and attack Iran for thier role in this!" after that the ball will REALLY start to role for WORLDWAR 33333333333333333

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike at ATS

Bush, and his administration, isn't Hitler. You're ignoring the first rule for being taken seriously by grown-ups, which is don't call everyone/thing you don't like, Hitler. Bush is not Hitler. For one thing, Hitler was a decorated frontline combat veteran.

Also, in the election that brought him to power in 1933, Hitler got more votes than the other candidate. And Hitler had a mustache. So let's all take a rest from playing the Hitler card, unless we're talking about Saddam Hussein. Now that guy was Hitler.

kinda agree, some similarities between hussain and hitler, both wanted strong independent nations, but hussain was a moderate who believed in womens rights, unsual for the middle east, and i dont think he had a jew killing fetish like Hitler, so no they are not the same either imo

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

but hussain was a moderate who believed in womens rights, unsual for the middle east

Yeah....he also condoned the raping of women....especially when it was done by one of his sons. Hussain's take on womens rights was just a "front" so he may not seem AS evil and mean as he really was..IMO.

Anyways...Hitler was Hitler.....one of a kind in todays world...so far!

[edit on 5/7/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

but hussain was a moderate who believed in womens rights, unsual for the middle east

Yeah....he also condoned the raping of women....especially when it was done by one of his sons. Hussain's take on womens rights was just a "front" so he may not seem AS evil and mean as he really was..IMO.

Anyways...Hitler was Hitler.....one of a kind in todays world...so far!

[edit on 5/7/2005 by SportyMB]

dont believe the proaganda pal.

Stalin and Mao run Herr Hitler pretty close

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join