It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing Contest - Winners Announced On Page 6

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'll lend a hand too, Vagabond. *rips off own hand* that is if you want it.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The good news is, now we all have someone to shoot for, Jeremiah25. He's now king of the mountain and i'm hoping to be the first to knock him off

Enter mrwupy and Voidmaster.
mrwupy: "Oh, hey there Jeremiah. What's that you're working on?"
Jeremiah: "Oh, hello fellows. Why this? This be my entry for the new ATS writing contest".
Void: "Contest, eh? So how, uh, how's it going?"
Jeremiah: "Oh, it's coming along ever so well, chaps. I do believe it to be my finest work ever".
mrwupy: "Oh, well, lots of LUCK!!!"
WHACK
THUD

Void: "Get his notes!"
mrwupy: "What the? This isn't a contest entry. This is just page after page of crude, child-like drawings of Void as a cowboy".
Void: "I think I'm gonna be sick".

[edit on 3/8/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Now that I see the results it dousnt matter anymore, at least the ATS got me writing allthough I didnt really follow the giudlines, profanity, spelling, and its only a single chapter, I would have probly still be writing scraps and phylosofy, wich is allso good.

Congrats Jeramiah and other winners. Your writing inspires us to mix our idias and biuld our skill upon. Thank You.

[edit on 3/8/05 by The Surrealist]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Congratulations to all the winners!

We truly do have some talented authors here....

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Congratulations to everyone!!!! I feel real outclassed here, I can't believe I made it to the top three. Everyone who entered deserves a round of applause, it's not easy to put a piece of yourself out there to be judged by others.

Thanks WW and the judges!!! I'm sure everyone here respects the hard work you put in.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25
Jeremiah: "Oh, hello fellows. Why this? This be my entry for the new ATS writing contest".
Jeremeiah: "Oh, it's coming along ever so well, chaps. I do believe it to be my finest work ever".
WHACK
THUD

Void: "Get his notes."
mrwumpy:"What the- This isn't a contest entry! These are just a bunch of crude child like drawings of Void as a cowboy."
Void:"I think I'm going to be sick."

*vomits into Jeremiah's trashcan*
LOL!!!!!!!
That sounds just about right.

Poor Jeremiah. I'd probably break his nose out of jealousy.

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Voidmaster]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
*pokes voidmaster's severed hand with a stick*
I'm sure in some cultures that would be a very sweet gesture my friend.

I'm pleased with my showing- all three of my submissions made top 20 runners up. -glee-

I am rather surprised at the ordering though. I wasn't too impressed with myself on Getting Even- especially since I wasn't able to really finish it due to some problems in the family.
I was even more surprised that Dying in Summer scored as low as it did. Personally I'm rather fond of that one.

Can't wait to hear what the scoring criteria were so I can figure out what I accidentally did right with Getting Even lol

[edit on 3-8-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
*pokes voidmaster's severed hand with a stick*
I'm sure in some cultures that would be a very sweet gesture my friend.

So would Cannablism, but thats not the point. Do you want my help or not? Its going to be a very painful process, sowing this thing back on.*Picks up severed hand*

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Yes definately

I'm just looking for people to sort of take a gander at it and tell me what they'd like to see happen, what sort of situations would be cool, what if anything, is mis-firing so far.

Anybody who would like to help me in that way with A Vagabond's Tale just give it a read at your convenience and tell me what you think. I might even be able to write some people into the story in the course of Nikki's travels as a thanks.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25

The good news is, now we all have someone to shoot for, Jeremiah25. He's now king of the mountain and i'm hoping to be the first to knock him off

Jeremiah: "Oh, it's coming along ever so well, chaps. I do believe it to be my finest work ever".
WHACK
THUD

Void: "Get his notes!"
mrwupy: "What the? This isn't a contest entry. This is just page after page of crude, child-like drawings of Void as a cowboy".
Void: "I think I'm gonna be sick".

[edit on 3/8/05 by Jeremiah25]

No question what-so-ever who the better writer is on this fine evening. Congratulations my friend, you deserve all the alcolades and high praise that you get.

It's good to see this go to such a deserving entry, after all, only glory lasts forever.

See you in the next contest...Hehehehehehehehehe

Wupy

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Wow! Thank you! I'm amazed to be on the list. I don't want to sound sappy, but this contest put a my real-life problems on the back burner and gave me something to strive for. Even if I hadn't placed, I was striving to have "WRITER" beneath my name. I'm really proud of everyone. This was a lot of fun, and having friendly competition is 50% of the reason why I summoned up the guts to write fiction.

Congratulations to everyone.
I can't wait to tell my family (PoD was all I talked about for the past several weeks).

Dot.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'll take a gander at what you've written so far and will u2u you what I think. That way if you post it up it'll be a suprise for everyone. Also I'd like to say that I'm thrilled to be working with you. Before joining ATS I kinda classified people by the content in their posts. You were right up there at the top in the classification "I'll never be this good". I'm very thrilled to be working with ya' and hope you'll like what I got in store for your story. *grins diabolically*

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Don't put me too high on the pedestal there. As you'll see when you get into my story- I have my faults. Especially when it comes to typos and going overboard with dialogue.

It's a pleasure and an honor to have my fellow members taking an interest in my work and willing to make themselves a part of it. Looking forward to seeing what you can do to save me from myself

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
just a heads up to all writers who entered the contest.

I'm slow today
what I mean is, please have patience with me, I will get to every entry, but I can only do a few at a time, so don't think you're forgotten.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

I'm slow today
what I mean is, please have patience with me, I will get to every entry, but I can only do a few at a time, so don't think you're forgotten.

Only about 50 of them.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Good job to the winners.

Too bad my story didn't do well. I rushed the ending a bit but what can you do. CAn't wait till the next contest.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghost88
Too bad my story didn't do well.

Why do you say this? You put it out there, that in itself is a success.

IMO.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The entries were excellent! I enjoyed taking a little time out of each of my hot summer days to read through them!

It's got me all pumped up and ready to do some writing....It's been far too long, and I've let my contributions to this forum squander....

Can't wait to get wind of the next contest! Come on WW - Are we there yet?! Are we there yet?!

Edit: I would like to add one small bit of advice...

When formatting your stories, keep the reader in mind....It can be very difficult to maintain concentration when the entire submission is one block of text with little-to-no spacing...

Keeping your dialogue and new ideas separated into new paragraphs makes it much easier to follow the natural progression of the story

[edit on 8/3/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

I'm slow today

Thanks for doing them at all.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Hey ! oh well , it was an honour participating , and the judges made an excellent job . if u fail the first time , try ,try again ... have a good one fellas

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join