It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing Contest - Winners Announced On Page 6

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
Besides, just look the number of times your (or any other) thread has been viewed... that could be used as a good basis on how well you are being received by ATS as a whole.

Yeah, I used that but I realized I wouldn't know how good at writting I am without people posting replies. If people don't post I won't know if I'm good or horrible. Thats one of the things I can't take. I just can't stand indifference when it comes to my writting.
Sorry. I'll try to take the number of views as assurance. I'm also going to reply to other peoples stories more, because I understand to get something out I have to put something in.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Yes, that did help. It does clarify some things... and that's one to grow on.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
One week to go and the contest will be over. To be honest, I will be releived. So far we have 41 entries and this is going to be a monster to judge. I feel sorry for the judges. Their poor eyes are going to be SOOOOO bloodshot from reading.

Good luck to each and everyone.

Wupy

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The Contest is Officially Closed. No more entries will be accepted. Good luck to all the writers. The Winners will be announced by August 3rd.

[edit on 7-31-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
August 3rd... I'll be away on vacation.
It will be the first thing I will check when I get back

There are lots of good entries I can;t wait to see who won.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The entries were great, reading them has been a pleasure.

May the best story wins.

marg

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I had more fun taking part in this contest than I have for a long time. It's always good to write for an audience, but it is especially rewarding to be able to contribute something to a group that obviously contains many talented writers.

For the record, my favourite story was PoD by dotgov101. I thought it was just brilliant - an example of good story-telling, as opposed to just good writing.

Can't wait for the next one.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Anyone know a good carpenter? I'm pacing holes in my floor lol.

We've really got a lot of great enteries, and quite a few contenders I think. Nice to see this kind of participation, especially after the tag team contest fizzled.
Good luck all

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Best of luck to all who took time to enter a story. I read some of the stories and I feel totally out classed by some of the writers here.

Thanks to WorldWatcher for all of her hard work and to the judges, I'm sure they have their work cut out for them.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Good luck all, cant wait to see who the winner is. All the stories where VERY good. You all should be proud.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
So..ummm...whens the next contest? Any hints as to what the subject matter might entail? Will we possibly have to wait till the server change overs or any other such delays?

How about a contest where the story has to begin at the ending, and work its way back to the beginning, now that could be a real challenge.

Better yet, a contest where every story has to end with the end of the world. Could be from invasion, war, famine, loss of water, desease...the possibilities are endless and could invoke the grimmest aspects of every writer on the site.

Another challenge could be to write a love story that HAD to contain a conspiricy from atleast one of the lovers.

Just some idea's to keep the old creative juices flowing

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I have something quick and hopefully fun in mind to get us thru the server change, but you'll have to wait till after the results are in for any more info

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I've been too nervous to read and respond to this thread. I waited until today to finally write. I just wanted to say that all of you are brilliant, and that this contest has given me a chance to open my imagination without being afraid of harsh criticism. Thank you all, writers and mods.

Dot.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
hey ! where are the results ? - gracefully losing - we are all winners , the important thing is that we all had the chance to share our writing , and no matter what the result ..uh .. we're all winner

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
hey ! where are the results ? - gracefully losing - we are all winners , the important thing is that we all had the chance to share our writing , and no matter what the result ..uh .. we're all winners

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Another challenge could be to write a love story that HAD to contain a conspiricy from atleast one of the lovers.

Now THAT would be tough, and would require a lot of thought. I think we should have future contests, tho (with ATS-related subject matter). I had a blast writing my entry.

Dot.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Can't wait until the results. I'm currently shivering in my socks. *looks down* Wait, I'm not wearing any socks. You see, I'm that excited! *paces anxiously in the corner*

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
the judges have until noon eastern to get their scores to me, I'll be tallying them up and plan to make an announcement this evening..let's say 8pm eastern time. Sorry to keep you all waiting but I'm as anxious to see the final results as you all are.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Hurry up judges, get with the program.

[edit on 3-8-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Get with the program judges. Please? *makes puppy dog eyes very unsucessfully and looks like a decapitated dog*

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join