It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing Contest - Winners Announced On Page 6

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Good lord! This contest is only three days old and we already have 13 entries. From the looks of things this is going to be the most popular contest to date. I feel sorry for the judges

Good luck to all who have entered.

Wupy

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Can we have more than 1 entry. I have an idea and I'm just itching to write it for the contest.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Mine is up check it out!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster
Can we have more than 1 entry. I have an idea and I'm just itching to write it for the contest.

I asked this question during the last contest. Not only can you have more then one entry, you can win first, second and third place if your actually that good. In one contest someone, i forget who, actually took first, second and third place. I'm glad they no longer write at ATS

Wupy

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I just came up with a great idea for a story for this competition. The problem is i've already got one submission in and don't plan on submitting another.

If you need an idea for a story just U2U me and the first person to ask i'll pass along the idea to. You may decide not to use it, in which case you could pass it along to someone else.

It's a good idea, i'm just not going to write the story around it.

Wupy

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Worldwatcher,

I read the posts above, and unless I missed it, I can't find anythinig where the rules suggest a deadline as to when the story must be submitted by, when you must have it in it's entirety, you know....in order to quaify to win.

Any specific date you have in mind?

I would really love to know, since I have to at the present time, share a computer.

Thanks,

CyberKat

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Multiple entries are allowed? Alright! (World Watcher, can you confirm that?)

I felt kind of bad for submitting something I'd already done- but the first chapter of A Vagabond's Tale actually doubles as one of the best stand-alone shorts I've ever written, so I had to submit it.

I'm gonna cook something new up for you guys now. It looks like the action of nightmore is getting a lot of attention
. I'll have to spin something a little heavier on the thrills and just a smidge lighter on the symbolism/plot-setup.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat
Worldwatcher,

I read the posts above, and unless I missed it, I can't find anythinig where the rules suggest a deadline as to when the story must be submitted by, when you must have it in it's entirety, you know....in order to quaify to win.

Any specific date you have in mind?

Sorry WW, I just went back over the rules, and saw "loud & clear" where the deadline is July 31. Don't know why I didn't see that when I was looking for it. My mistake.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Ai, I can't write pure action. I sat down to try, and a good story came out but it was only about 1/5th action, and heavy on philosophically suggestive dialouge. I wish more people would enter- there's no way I'm going to submit another while the field is so small- it wouldn't feel fair.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
there's no way I'm going to submit another while the field is so small- it wouldn't feel fair.

So the smack begins. Alright, time to turn it up a notch.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
All in good fun my friend, but yes, the smack begins- although perhaps unintentionally. I hate to be cocky, but if there's one thing I'm half way decent at it's writing. Besides, I'm due for a win at something. I got one of the worst imaginable first round matches in the debate tournament- no way I could get humiliated twice this month.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Non writers members will also recieve writer status upon submission of an entry.

I was just wondering if that was still happening? I've noticed a buch of the people who wrote short storys are under 'member' status.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Multiple Entries are fine, maybe the rule might change in the future, but for now, write away!!!

and Yes members submitting a story who meet my qualifications, such as not having any outstanding warns or a track record of spamming/trolling the board will be made Writers. (sorry if that isn't an immediate thing, I get to it when I can, but if you feel I have slipped over you, then feel free to u2 me)

was just wondering if that was still happening? I've noticed a buch of the people who wrote short storys are under 'member' status.

Any member can post in the Short Story Subsection. Writer status is not needed in order to do so.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
All in good fun my friend, but yes, the smack begins- although perhaps unintentionally. I hate to be cocky, but if there's one thing I'm half way decent at it's writing.

Ditto, my friend and my story is only half told. What do you think?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It's not bad. First lycan story I ever cared for infact, and it's got a little more of a plot than some of the shorter ones, which can be good.

Makes me wonder how long we are allowed to make these things though. I've kept mine pretty well trimmed, but there's definately a plot advantage if you go a couple of chapters.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
In one contest someone, i forget who, actually took first, second and third place. I'm glad they no longer write at ATS

I should submit something just to annoy you.
I wondered how many people I pissed off with that contest. Unfortinitely, my apathy has been beating the crap out of my creativity lately. Oh well.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
I wondered how many people I pissed off with that contest. Unfortinitely, my apathy has been beating the crap out of my creativity lately. Oh well.

Didn't piss me off, I still have them in my subscribed thread, excellent stories. Too bad you're not writing this time.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Too bad you're not writing this time.

Eh, maybe. I'll have to see what I have laying around at home. I did actually begin several of the other chapters related to that futurepunk trilogy I posted here a while back, but my attention tends to shift to other things.

I think two members should write a story about Satan and an ameba discussing evolution in a sweltering hell. That would cover several of the sections (religion, evolution, debate, etc) and be good for a laugh also. The debate could end with Satan saying something to the affect of: "Well, you are in hell. How are you going to talk your way out of that one, Squirt!?!"

Err...I'll show myself out.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Winged Beasts 'Neath Circles Of Fire

Hmm. I wonder if haibane would qualify as "cryptozoology". I'm sort of in a haibane phase, is why I'm wondering.

Aw, I'm sure I could write about something else.

Maybe the ghost of a haibane. In the summer.

As for 300-500 words, my signature block is bigger than that.

I would put a good short story at around ten times that much, but then I'm known to use words like "utilize", so hey.

Sigh. If I write anything for this, it will probably be at about 3:00AM on July 31.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
I should submit something just to annoy you.

I think you should submit something too. You're a good writer and I enjoy the competition. Well, it's not like i'll be in the competition this time around, my creativity seems to be lost in the summer doldrums as well. Ah well, Maybe it will spark back up for one more story before the deadline arrives....sigh....

Wupy

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join