NEW FORUM! Sling your mud here!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What a better icon for our political mud pit forum than that master mud slinger himself, Mr. Carville.

This new forum is for the increase religious-styled debate going on amongst our members regarding American Politics.

Keep it here. Keep it civil. And you keep this forum.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Great idea!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
cool idea
btw who are the mods for here??

[Edited on 16-8-2003 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
William, many thanks! This is what the board has been missing. We've polluted other forums with politics where it didn't belong, but here, the pollution is pure gold!
There is no sport more entertaining than politics, and there is no sport more open to all, as you can be any color, race, creed, religion or sex, and you can be smart as a whip or dumb as a rock (like the democrats) and still have a great time!

Gloves off! No penalty unless there is a compound fracture!!!

Awesome pick for an icon, William. James Carville is one of my favorites. Nobody plays the sport better than Jimmy. Who cares if he doesn't play for my team, he's still great!

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Thank you, William.
This'll make it easier for non-mudslingers to avoid these topics.

-B.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Thank you, William. Now maybe there will be some intelligent political discussions that I can be involved in...beins I have to avoid the repugnant republican ones for fear of getting a warning. I am assuming, along with this forum, that the moderation of the non-mudslinging political discussion forums will be a little heavy-handed compared to the past???

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Great!

At last, a self-contained Forum for blinkered 'Republicans', that I never have to visit!

* leaves, never having to use the stupid words 'Republican' or 'Democrat' again *

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Pity that Freemason isn't here to enjoy this new forum. It may not reach its potential untill he is reincarnated.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
What a better icon for our political mud pit forum than that master mud slinger himself, Mr. Carville.

This new forum is for the increase religious-styled debate going on amongst our members regarding American Politics.

Keep it here. Keep it civil. And you keep this forum.

keep it civil? then whats the point of this forum if they cant do what they've been doing in other forums??? or do we just mean no vulgarities and similar language and behavior?

i say let this forum go unmoderated and let them have at it with each other. the people who created a need for this forum want to do this anyway....let them reenact lord of the flies for all i care, as long as it stays here i can finally get down to some serious discussions and exchange of ideas with other people in the other forums. dont expect to see me in here that much.

good on ya william!

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
If any thing my impression is he want clean fights, no hitting below the belt (personal attacks against members, profanity in general ect...) a standing 8 count applies to all knock downs but that pretty much is up to the poster
(its called take a deep breath).

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The problem with letting mudslingers run wild without moderation is, that when people get bashed, they tend to look for retaliation.
The repurcussions of an unmoderated argument may be felt in the other forums as people try to get revenge.

I've seen it happen before where people set up forums just for flaming. The participants forget the rules and treat every forum as one where they can run wild.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Obviously, there should be no foul language and the personal attacks should be kept to political attacks in nature (no "Your momma... attacks).

What should be be understood is politics is a dirty, ugly sport where the mud gets in the eyes and stings. So, those brave-hearted enough to venture into the SuperDome should leave the thin-skin behind and remember, its only a sport. Don't take the thing personally. Its only design is to let us commoners feel we have a hand in the onsgoings of our respective countries. At the end of the day, we all shake hands and drink a sports drink together!

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
TC...
"Sport drink" is refering to a beer?

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Thank you, William. Now maybe there will be some intelligent political discussions that I can be involved in...beins I have to avoid the repugnant republican ones for fear of getting a warning. I am assuming, along with this forum, that the moderation of the non-mudslinging political discussion forums will be a little heavy-handed compared to the past???

You almost always over rate yourself don't you? Your holier than thou attitude is grating, just wanted to let you know. Where do you get off questioning or insulting someone's intelligence? Doink.....orshould I use your other witty comeback...........Stop casting judgement, you're neither a mod or god,

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Lets see if Williamss Idea will bring more order to this forum regarding politics or it will bring more Chaos to the ATS community.Time will talk by itself

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Please no personal attacks!!

I don't care if you say all Democrats are the devil, all republicans are stupid, or all communists are dweebs, but let's try to keep it at that. No attacks or insults (ie..name calling etc.) directed at a specific member of ATS. And no profanity.

Thank you and have a nice day.

[Edited on 18-8-2003 by K_OS]

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoLD aNGeR
Lets see if Williamss Idea will bring more order to this forum regarding politics or it will bring more Chaos to the ATS community.Time will talk by itself

I look forward to debating you on many issues cold anger! You are truly a formidable opponent!

Good Luck

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shining Wizard

Originally posted by CoLD aNGeR

I look forward to debating you on many issues cold anger! You are truly a formidable opponent!

Good Luck

Thanks mate, i am also glad that ATS has a lot of smart and aware people to disscuss matters , actually sometimes you get to conclusions that you woulnt get out of this Forum

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shining Wizard

Originally posted by Valhall

You almost always over rate yourself don't you? Your holier than thou attitude is grating, just wanted to let you know. Where do you get off questioning or insulting someone's intelligence? Doink.....orshould I use your other witty comeback...........Stop casting judgement, you're neither a mod or god,

Thanks!

I have done a very good job of ignoring your flaming posts to me on various threads. I have also done a good job of not pointing out how they never seem to add value to the intent of the thread.

But here you are again...trashing me and insinuating that I have in some way called you names, or anybody else on this thread. I did not. I stated that I look forward to the inane mudslinging being corralled into a separate forum so that people who would like to have an intelligent conversation can do so without being flamed for their political affiliations.

Do I detect an attempt to justify your inferiority complex by casting the blame on me?

You WHINING Wizard...irrational justification and masturbation are basically the same thing...you're still just screwing yourself.

[Edited on 18-8-2003 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Go ahead and link me to some threads where I flamed YOU ( and not in a joking context, I am a little sarcastic), I don't have time to argue every inane anti-male point you post on this board. You have made this your own forum to off load your problems, good for you, I believe I have participated in many threads where actual IMPORTANT things were discussed, all the while your making topics such as "Men suck, here's why being a women is so hard" Boo freaking hoo.

Inferiority complex? sure there are many things that people here know much more about than me, I usually don't post on those threads.

I have read your threads, time and time again just to make sure that I'm not reading you wrong, I'm not, get over yourself.

I am ready for the warning, lay it on me mods, had to be done.

[Edited on 18-8-2003 by Shining Wizard]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join