It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does a Clone have a soul?!?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Cloning .......to produce a 'superhuman' ?

Genetics and the Antichrist....

www.romanitas.ru...(English).htm

helen..

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The scariest thing (in my opinion) about cloning and the issue if a cloned person has a soul is with respect to the matter of technology. It will one day be possible to transplant a human brain from one body to another.

In such a situation the clone would be the ideal host as there would be no problem with compatibility and or rejection.

While it is also possible that one day AI technology could offer the same thing (and probably will) the later will happen first.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I think the perpetuation of a form of human consciousness from a corporeal form to an artificial form is beyond doubt a technology of this century. Beyond doubt. It is written about frequently.

I don't think we will ever need to see the transplant of one brain into another body. That will remain in the realm of science fiction, like the Jupiter craft in Lost In Space. It is inefficient and unnecessary.

In the topic on the 'greatest problems of this century' I included the regulation of the rights of semi-human cyber-entities to be one of the top five. The argument about what life is, is as germane to A.I. as it is to aborting foetuses.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
WOW just another thought I had that has already beed covered

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
does a clone have a soul?

allegedly we share more than 99.7% of the same dna.

is the soul in that less than 0.3% that makes us individuals?

or are we mostly clones since we are 99,7+% the same identical stuff?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isis Fibonacci

Does a Clone have a soul?!?

Of course a clone does not have a "soul".

Even a man/woman does not have a "soul".

"Soul" is a metaphysical concept originating in pagan metaphysical philosophy, which originates in one particular element of the 'fallen' consciousness; that is, in the "beast of the earth"-'thinker' in response to the fear of death (that fear originating in the "beast of the sea"-'unconscious').

There is no metaphysical philosophy in the Revelations received by Moses, the prophets, Daniel, Jesus, John (of the Revelation of John) or Mohammed.

Paul introduced a metaphysical perversion into the Teaching of Jesus; Maimonides introduced a metaphysical perversion of the Revelations in the Torah and the Prophets; as expressed in the pagan metaphysical doctrine (Egyptian) of the raising of dead physical bodies from the grave.

The consciousness Created by and in the image of God is not any metaphysical 'soul', which is a dualistic consciousness; but, rather, a non-dualistic consciousness referred to in the Eastern esoteric traditions as the "observing consciousness"; a consciousness which is capable of receiving the revelation of the memories of previous lives.

The whole issue of the "soul" is merely another peripheral issue which distracts from the metaphysical perversion of Revelations.

Michael Cecil

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
If the clone remembers EVERYTHING from its former `self` and perhaps its past incarnations, you've got a soul.

If you can see sadness in the eyes of clones and for example your pet animals mourning the loss of its recently deceased friend(s), you've got a soul.

`Energy` is everywhere. Consider `energy` a soul, too. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
If the clone remembers EVERYTHING from its former `self` and perhaps its past incarnations, you've got a soul.

If you can see sadness in the eyes of clones and for example your pet animals mourning the loss of its recently deceased friend(s), you've got a soul.

Well, it all comes down to a choice of paradigm.

If you want to choose a pagan metaphysical paradigm--a paradigm which stands in opposition to Revealed Truth--that is your choice.

If, on the other hand, you want to choose the paradigm of Revelation; that, too, is a choice.

The problem is when the assertion is made that the pagan metaphysical paradigm--which, ultimately, originates in response to the fear of death--is the paradigm of Revelation and Revealed Truth.

I am merely 'describing the characteristics of the terrain upon which we have been deployed'.

Michael Cecil

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
What is a soul anyway? Consciousness? Free will? Plants and fungi clone themselves through asexual reproduction. So if you believe everything has a soul, why should clones be any different.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I think the original question (which someone has dug up from 2003) misunderstands the nature of a clone. They seem to assume that a man's clone is the same man "come back to life"

I stand open to correction from biologists- but surely, in biological terms, a man's clone would be, in effect. one of his children, apart from the unusual detail that the genes would be identical. Thus the man and the clone would be distinct individuals.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I dug it up on a sleepless night...I just wonder if scientist would give them the same human rights...would they be able to live as we do(at first)or would they clone specific clones for specific jobs..(slavery)Hmmmm
just something to think about ...If they have a sole then maybe they will be treated with human dignity...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

sorry double post

[edit on 18-7-2010 by zbeliever]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

Well, I can't see that they would be biologically different from other people, so there would be no genuine excuse for treating them differently.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever

I dug it up on a sleepless night...I just wonder if scientist would give them the same human rights...would they be able to live as we do(at first)or would they clone specific clones for specific jobs..(slavery)Hmmmm
just something to think about ...If they have a sole then maybe they will be treated with human dignity...

You might want to watch the movie Moon. If you haven't already.

www.imdb.com...

The OP brings up an interesting point though. If a clone doesn't have a soul, can it become the next Hitler and go unpunished for it?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cLOUDDEAD

Oh yes, I have seen that movie...Well do you think if they make clones ,will they brand them with some kinda of marking so the rest of us will know they are clones...I mean can you imagine sitting at a dinner table with your daughter and a man that she is about to marry and the man is a clone of someone in history...I guess that puts a twist on the old movie "Guess who coming to dinner"....
and that brings up another question how about their children will they be half clones...I'm being sarcastic now...but it is something to think about....

[edit on 18-7-2010 by zbeliever]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
do atheist believe in a soul?
where is the soul? in the brain?
young people have had accidents and had to have one half of there brain taken out.
they live and behave like ever one else.
do they have half of a soul.

soon robots will be able to react just like humans.
will they have souls.
what is a soul.
if a robot can mimic a human.
does that mean humans dont have a soul.
are we just fooling are self's.
just so we think we are immortal?
could you take that? or would you crack?
please dont. we have no idea what is next/out there.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Isis Fibonacci

Well the first issue is, does anyone have a soul? That has never been answered. Science doesn't suggest that there is a supernatural element to life and studies of the brain seem to suggest that they are the source of this "deeper" side of ourselves we might term a soul or "heart" or whatever.

But, if for the sake of a hypothetical, we accept the idea that we all have souls, than of course a Clone would have a soul because it would be an exact copy of the person who does have a soul. I'm kind of assuming here that the soul is either an intrinsic property of all living humans or a genetic aspect as yet undiscovered. Either way a Clone would have a soul.

This question was asked in one of my psych classes a few years ago and I was amazed by the number of people who claimed the Clone wouldn't have a soul. I told them that Clones are people too and that when cloning becomes common there just might need to be a Clone Civil Rights movement

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Isis Fibonacci

In my opinion, only that which is made in God's image has a soul. A clone created by man would not. While I have pondered this further I have asked myself that if the clone lived a decent good life and emulated good morality, then what if...? It is always what if that undermines any decent hypothesis.

Anyway, in my opinion, the answer is no. A clone has no soul because it was not created by God's design for human life. What happens to these clones after they die is anyone's guess, but I feel that for them, they would slip into eternal darkness and that would be that.

It's a good subject matter for discussion. Thanks for the posting. I for one liked it and paused long enough to ponder the premise enough to offer up a morsel of opinion. As you know, we all have one.

Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

I just have one question....How about test tube baby?Do they have a soul?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

I just have one question....How about test tube baby?Do they have a soul?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join