It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geramn Airkraft & UFO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
found this really cool site.

www.kheichhorn.de...

have a look halfway down the page at all the UFO pix.

Interesting....

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Nazi Germany were far ahead of their time. Absolutely incredible.

nice site

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I know that Nazi Germany did look at disc shaped aircraft, but I didn't think any flew. At least the true disc shaped ones anyway.
This site seems to give the impression that some did fly, number 10 the Rundflugzeug RFZ 7 for example. What was it that propelled it? Are the pic's fake?
Hey, it may even say that they are fake, I couldn't tell you as it is all in German!

Where is that Google translator....

Cool pics though

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I saw a website once about the flying disks of the Third Reich and it mentioned that they were powered by a special engine. I can't remember what it was called but it had to do with an internal vortex that could start and run on very little power. Placed in the center of the craft, it would swirl either air or a liquid fast enough to get the disk off the ground. One scientist that was brought to America after the war to work on projects still classified today claimed to have built a prototype that reached an altitude of 45,000 feet in just 3 minutes. Unfortunately, he also said that it was destroyed to keep the technologies from the advancing Allies.

I found the link:
www.unmuseum.org...

I do not know how credible this site or its information are and I can't back up any of the information found on this site. Some of the information seems good, but then you run into the "hollow inner earth" theory which makes me wonder.

[edit on 7/5/2005 by Night Raptor15]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Think about this one....

Horten GO 229

Kenneth Arnold showing a drawing of the UFO he saw. Kenneth Arnold's UFO sighting in 1947 began the modern era of the UFO phenomenon.

Did Arnold really see a fleet of German Horten Go 229s flying near Mount Rainier, Washington? Or is it just a coincidence that the UFO and experimental aircraft look similar.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by andpau66]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
That site would be a lot cooler if I spoke German! But the pics were worth the visit themselves. I've always been fascinated by the "America Bomber" they were working on. I believe it's the one with 6 props. They still wouldn't have had the distance to return to Germany. The plan was to bomb NYC and other East Coast cities, then ditch out over the Bahamas and be rescued by U-boats. It sure would have been an entirely different war (not saying different outcome) if we were bombed here at home.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by andpau66

Did Arnold really see a fleet of German Horten Go 229s flying near Mount Rainier, Washington? Or is it just a coincidence that the UFO and experimental aircraft look similar.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by andpau66]

Jack Northrop was working on flying wings at the same time, or before the Horton brothers developed theirs. It's more likely that if it was a flying wing it was one of Northrops designs than the GO-229. Northrop began his work on the flying wings in the 30s, and SHOULD have had the first flying wing bomber in service in the 50s, but the XB-49 was Different, and Different is Bad to many people, so they found reasons to kill the program until the B-2 came along.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
My understanding regarding the Northrop Flying Wing is that among other things, it had a real problem with maintaining altitude while in a banking turn. In other words it fell off the flight level.

I suspect from other investigation that the Germans never really got anything totally exotic (read UFO stuff) to fly. They simply ran out of time while the allies were pasting them up one side and down the other.

There are many stories (some of them apocryphal, I'm relatively sure) about the large amount of people and supplies that were taken to South America and/or the antarctic. However, no real proof has been fothcoming. Lots of people got excited about the Admiral Byrd project where the allies supposedly got their butts kicked in a punch up with the Nazis in the Antarctic. Once again, it makes no sense unless you just want to fantasize about it.

I can't imagine that they were so far ahead of us and still lost the war. Only to come back in a limited fashion and kick our butts so badly that we can't go back down there. It is obvious that we are in fact there in presence, if not in force.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I've heard differing reports. The USAF guys giving out the contract said that it wasn't stable enough in flight, and on the bomb run, but test pilots for Northrup said that it was actually pretty stable provided you flew it right, and didn't try to do any radical manuvers.... No matter how you look at it though, it was years ahead of its time. There's actually a theory that one of them that crashed flying back from Washington was actually sabotaged to make Northrup look bad, and lose the contract. The claim is that there was an intentional oil leak by loosening a couple of oil lines, and on the flight back from Washington, they ran out of oil, the engines siezed and it crashed killing the crew.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Yeah, WW2, some of those planes really existed... but the rest are propably just pictures of planes that they would ahve been trying to develop...

top topics

join