It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada – Terrorist Utopia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
You should be shot for treason on the front lawn of AboveTopSecret for failing to abide by the principles that govern this website. Deny Ignorance!

For that you are guilty and should face punishement

So the banner of liberalism and compassion towards terrorists that want to kill is denying ignorance?

I think you should look closer to home for the ripest targets...

Remove your head from your anus and wake up. The US created most of the terrorists in the world in the first place either from poor foreign policy or by more direct methods(like training and financing). So go arrest yourself for supporting terrorists.

I'm still dumbfounded as to how blind people are.

South Park comes to mind

BLAME CANADA, BLAME CANADA!!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
As long as the terrorist stay in Canada and have fun with their gay community I'm fine. but if they use Canada as a means to enter the US then we have a serious problem. I fear our government will sit on their A and do nothing about the northern border just like they are doing nothing about he southern border.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Deeznuts, actually , the former USSR trained more terrorist's than did the US. during the cold war.......you should pull your head outta yours there .

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Terrorists in Canada? But how can that be, if they are here and are against freedom, then why don't they bomb us? Must be the mesmerizing red maple leaf.

and Tim Hortons.... I mean c'mon, eveyone loves Timmies!!

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by feeko
Deeznuts, actually , the former USSR trained more terrorist's than did the US. during the cold war.......you should pull your head outta yours there .

ah the old "they were worse" defence. two wrongs do not make a right, remember that one? that fact is rather immaterial. MOST countries did to one extent or another. that however does not lessen the fact that the us does have a major share of responsibility of terrorisim. also lets not forget that dear old ossama was one of the guys that the us supported. remember that whole ussr vs afganistan thing? that is where ossama first came to light. supported by the americans, against the old ussr. so i guess if deep down you want toi blaim someone for supporting ossama's orginization one needs to look no further than the states then. this ultimately means that even if ossama's group did in fact attack america without support from the us, that still means that the us is still to blaim for a good chunk due to their support of his organization. gotta love it when your pet turns on you don't you?

it would apear that the us is in fact a terrorist utopia. they did more than their fair share of financeing, training, arming, adviseing as well as other forms of supporting terrorists. now doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I thank you drogo, at least someone looks at things objectively. Don't get me wrong people from the US. I don't hate you at all, in fact I have many American friends. But this whole "It's not our fault, why are they attacking us" defense get's a little tiresome.

Accept responsibility and move forward. The US has caused considerable disruption in the world since WWII. If you guys would just realize that your not the only ones in this world and that other countries have the same rights as you, things would go a lot smoother.

As I have pointed out in other threads, things that have happened to the US, either political, trade disputes, terrorism have all been applied against other countries by the US.

Look at the Softwood lumber dispute between us. It has cost Canada upwards of $10 Billion and all because your lumber producers didn't get off their ass and modernize their processes. So they became less competitive. And to top it all off, a bill was put forward to take the money collected from tarrifs and use it to subsidize the US lumber producers. Funny how we were accused of subsidizing our industry and the US wants to subsidize it's with our money.

What a great way to treat a so-called ally. Not too mention the Mad Cow BS.

I'm done, you guys really piss me off sometimes

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Islamic fundamentalism created more acts of terrorism because the fight was taken to them instead of 'we' just sitting back and waiting for them to pounce/commit acts of terrorism again.

You took the fight to them in Afghanistan, and Canada joined you. Iraq was not about retaliating for 9/11, it was about toppling Saddam Hussein on the assumption that he possessed WMDs.

Toppling Saddam created the situation we're in right now, which is an Iraq unstable enough that terrorists have 1) a new training ground for terrorists where they did not have one before, and 2) enough p'd off Iraqis to help them.

The U.S. troops are doing a good job of helping with Iraq's rebuilding, I'll give them that. But the fact remains that :

- The U.S. invaded a sovereign country on a pretense that proved out to be false;
- If the goal is to exterminate terrorism, then blindly swatting at the angry hornets is not going to solve the problem. Just trying to pound terrorists - or terrorist suspects - out of existence will make enough of their relatives and neighbors angry enough to replace them. Taking out terrorist networks is all good and well, but there has never been a serious thought given to the question "Why is there terrorism?". And the answer "They're jealous of our freedom" just doesn't cut it.

Originally posted by djohnsto77Being compassionate towards terrorists is exactly what makes you a terrorist utopia!

Understanding why there are terrorists in the first place is not being compassionate. It's accepting that sometimes, military action alone does not solve everything.

Originally posted by WestPoint23As long as the terrorist stay in Canada and have fun with their gay community I'm fine.

I really fail to see what the relevance of that is, other than to take a rather gratuitous potshot at gays for no good reason.

but if they use Canada as a means to enter the US then we have a serious problem. I fear our government will sit on their A and do nothing about the northern border just like they are doing nothing about he southern border.

Well, as I said earlier, a border is always common. If our government isn't pulling its weight in protecting that border, that's our problem. But if your government doesn't pull its weight, don't blame us.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
I thank you drogo, at least someone looks at things objectively. Don't get me wrong people from the US. I don't hate you at all, in fact I have many American friends. But this whole "It's not our fault, why are they attacking us" defense get's a little tiresome.

Boy, you want me to get a complex or something Deeznutz? I said that in a post yesterday and you all ignored me...

<< 1  2  3   >>

join