It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada – Terrorist Utopia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Knowingly wrong?

Perhaps an exaggeration, but certainly not a wrong one! Canada has no commitment in Iraq and has a terribly underfunded military.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
How far do you want to go with this johnno? Do you want to now explain what Iraq has to do with the War on Terror? I'm here for the long haul, go for it man. Tell us.

Fact: Canada immediately responded to 911 and sent troops to Afghanistan. You lied.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

As it turns out, Canada is the perfect incubator for fledgling terrorists from all over the world.

As it turns out, America is the REASON that there are so many terrorists all over the world. President Bush made sure of that by saying the following: " you're either with or against us"(and thus condeming anyone who wants to stay neutral in this conflict as a "terrorist by" default )

[edit on 5-7-2005 by XyZeR]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR

As it turns out, America is the REASON that there are so many terrorists all over the world. President Bush made sure of that by saying the following: " you're either with or against us"(and thus condeming anyone who wants to stay neutral in this conflict as a "terrorist by" default )

u think America is the only nation the terrorists are going after
, maybe u should look at other nations who have to deal with terrorism themselves in their own borders before deciding that the terrorists are there because of America.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
We do not have troops in Iraq because the Canadian people didn't feel it was the correct course of action, and our government would have lost the next election. I believe that is otherwise known as democracy, but I could be mistaken.

We have, however, made a significant (for us) monetary commitment to the reconstruction of Iraq.

Early in 2003, Canada joined in the international effort to provide humanitarian and reconstruction assistance to Iraq with a total commitment of up to $300 million. Canada is helping with the reconstruction of Iraq's damaged socio-economic infrastructure, placing a priority on ensuring that Iraqis have access to basic education, good primary health care, clean water and sanitation. Reinstating these basic social services will provide an essential foundation for Iraq's development and a return to normalcy for the Iraqi people. Consistent with our commitment to reconstruction efforts, Canada made a significant early contribution to UNICEF for its work in Iraq on water and sanitation, reduction of maternal and infant mortality, child protection, and enhanced basic education.

In addition to our $300-million contribution, Canada supports a G7-led international debt-reduction program for Iraq. Iraq's debt to Canada stands at approximately C$750 million, owed entirely to the Canadian Wheat Board.

The challenges of post-conflict stabilization in Iraq have demonstrated how crucial security is for any reconstruction effort. At the same time, building participatory and accountable democratic institutions is fundamental for long-term stability in Iraq. Canada will support governance and security sector reform, and is prepared to make available its expertise to help build Iraqi capacity in these areas. As an initial step, Canada sent Canadian police trainers to Jordan to help train Iraqi police recruits, and a senior Canadian RCMP officer went to Baghdad to help develop strategies to strengthen the police sector. In the new political environment emerging in the Middle East as a result of changes in Iraq, Canada also intends to work with neighbouring countries to advance democratic development in the region.

www.acdi-cida.gc.ca...

Perhaps we might have gone if Bush had shown our PM the proof of the WMD claims. That was all Chretien asked.

And as for lack of help after 9-11, perhaps I should direct you to the total stangers that I invited into my home so that they would have a place to sleep instead of on the airport floor. They very much appreciate the assistance we gave during the US's time of need, and don't begrudge us the right to make our own decisions.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Perhaps an exaggeration, but certainly not a wrong one! Canada has no commitment in Iraq

That is because we do no support illegal pre-emptive attacks.
Iraq was about WMD's (debatable) not 9/11.

has a terribly underfunded military.

considering the view that the world takes upon us (generally) and the fact that our entire population is less than that of New York state. It is IMO adiquatelly funded, some may disagree, but I'd rather our tax dollars go towards other things.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR
[

First up: Im no fan of Bush

BUT,

You are saying that Bush is resposible for the worlds terrorists? LOLOLOLOL!. Mind backing that statement up? Some data? Research? links? News?

Didnt think so.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Maybe not Bush himself but here is an interesting link.

www.hartford-hwp.com...

Baghdad, April 2— Iraq has informed the UN Secretary General Dr. Butros Ghali of evidence linking official US institutions with blatant acts of terrorism inside Iraq.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie

www.hartford-hwp.com...

Baghdad, April 2— Iraq has informed the UN Secretary General Dr. Butros Ghali of evidence linking official US institutions with blatant acts of terrorism inside Iraq.

maybe that person could provide more than just bringing up the idea that Kuwaitis and Americans are helping with the insurgents to sow chaos.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
And as for lack of help after 9-11, perhaps I should direct you to the total stangers that I invited into my home so that they would have a place to sleep instead of on the airport floor. They very much appreciate the assistance we gave during the US's time of need, and don't begrudge us the right to make our own decisions.

I never said Canada didn't help there...of course Canadians' hospitality during that time was fantastic! But is Canada a "Terrorist Utopia"? I think so...especially with the lax immigration and refugee laws and policies you have.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie

www.hartford-hwp.com...

Let me understand this: There were no terrorists BEFORE 2003? There were no terrorists before Bush was elected?

Dont make blanket statements blaming Bush for the worlds terrorists. Are his actions creating new ones? Of course. But Bush, or the USA, did not invent terrorists or terrorism. As much as you haters would like to think so.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Perhaps some of you might want to see for yourself just exactly what constitutes the Canadian Armed forces.

here is their website...

www.forces.gc.ca...

Since it is readily available through googling, I suggest that blanket statements in regard to it's commitments to the world should be backed up by facts. There are facts aplenty available by browsing through the site.

As a former soldier in this outfit, I agree that it has been underfunded to an almost criminal degree. However, it is my experience that the Canadian soldier is extremely capable and has proven him/herself many times from Vimy Ridge to the Afghanistan conflict.

Please do not confuse the bravery of the common footsoldier with the slimy porkbarreling political hack.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Let me understand this: There were no terrorists BEFORE 2003? There were no terrorists before Bush was elected?

Dont make blanket statements blaming Bush for the worlds terrorists. Are his actions creating new ones? Of course. But Bush, or the USA, did not invent terrorists or terrorism. As much as you haters would like to think so.

This article is from 1996. And I didn't make a blanket statement blaming Bush.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by valkeryie]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

America!.. the solution, and cause of international terrorism. Soooooo let's blame Canada!

wahoo...

[edit on 5-7-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I never said Canada didn't help there...of course Canadians' hospitality during that time was fantastic! But is Canada a "Terrorist Utopia"? I think so...especially with the lax immigration and refugee laws and policies you have.

We just get a little touchy about that since we were left out of the speech Bush made that praised all the help received right after 9-11. We felt unloved!!!!

Anyhoo, I don't think we are a terrorist utopia. I'm not denying that we don't have our fair share 'not very nice people' but as far as I can tell, we don't have a great army of immigrants who came here to invade the US.

Mostly, groups such as the Tamil Tigers and that come here because it is a good place to raise money. Similar to how the US was a great place to raise money for the IRA.

To be honest, I think our biggest problem in this area is the Sikh militants. To my knowledge, they are the only group that has been a real problem up here.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Check this out aboot our immigration workers:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The only terrorist utopia is Iraq, Period.

It was created by the war in Iraq, Period.

If you Deny this, then YOU are embracing Ignorance.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Check this out aboot our immigration workers:

No doot aboot it, eh.

Now stop jumping on the chesterfield and get me a glass of homo milk and a mickey of kaluha. Filling out my pogey card is thirsty work.

See, that's the real secret up here. Not immigration. It's all aboot the code words so you guys don't know what we're talking aboot, eh.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by Duzey]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I've brought this up before and I still believe that rules like this can make it very easy for the wrong element to "set up shop" The Canadian Business immigration act

www.cic.gc.ca...

is a loophole that remains in place despite all the attention post 9-11

In a nutshell a canadian passport can indeed be "Bought"!!!

Don't get me wrong here ,CSIS is a VERY through organization and if you fit "The Mold" you WILL be singled out for lets just say a little CSIS special attention

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Yeah eh.
it's a little known fact that the Canadian border control is really just a bunch of former hockey players standin' at Timmy's yellin' "Take off ya hosers!" and tossing thier gloves and pulling the shirts over the terrorist's head.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join