It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada – Terrorist Utopia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
As it turns out, Canada is the perfect incubator for fledgling terrorists from all over the world. One giant sleeper cell perhaps?

From AP, care of Jihadwatch

“They are from Sri Lanka, Kurdistan and points between and include supporters of some of the best-known Mideast groups, including al-Qaida, authorities say.
Osama bin Laden named Canada one of five so-called Christian nations that should be targeted for acts of terror. The others, reaffirmed last year by his al-Qaida network, were the United States, Britain, Spain and Australia.

The Canadian Security Intelligence Service, counterpart of the CIA, said terrorist representatives are actively raising money, procuring weapons, "manipulating immigrant communities" and facilitating travel to and from the United States and other countries.

Besides al-Qaida, those groups include Islamic Jihad; Hezbollah and other Shiite groups; Hamas, the Palestinian Force 17, Egyptian Al Jihad and various other Sunni groups from across the Middle East, CSIS said.”

Lets see: Uncontrolled illegal’s coming from the south, and now well trained terrorists from all over the world coming from the north. I feel all warm and fuzzy now.

Check this article from 2004 where Canada admits it’s a terrorist “Haven”:

“The world's "most notorious" terrorist groups continue to operate in Canada, says a classified intelligence report written two years after Parliament gave police new powers and money to dismantle the country's deadly terror networks, reports the National Post.
In a 22-page assessment of the security threats facing the nation, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service said international terrorists are still using the country as a base for waging worldwide political and religious violence.

"Terrorism of foreign origin continues to be a major concern in regard to the safety of Canadians at home and abroad," says the Oct. 10, 2003, report, titled 'Threats to Canada's National Security.' "Canada is viewed by some terrorist groups as a place to try to seek refuge, raise funds, procure materials and/or conduct other support activities. ... Virtually all of the most notorious international terrorist organizations are known to maintain a network presence in Canada….”

Wow. I understand the USA is a multicultural nation and I love the diversity, but to have unsecured borders in times like these is suicide. How many thousands enter the USA each day from Canada? Here is a nation that outright admits it has a terrorist population that borders our own. How many thousands of fenceless miles of border does the USA share with Canada?

I drove up there once in a minivan with 6 other guys for a bachelor party once. Going up and back and we got nothing more than a "what’s the nature of your trip?" and that was it. 6 Shady looking guys at 11pm at night and that’s it?

Time for a border lockdown my friends. I am all for LEGAL access to the USA, but with the borders as loose as they are, how can it be controlled? And with Canada’s admitted terrorist problems, this is frightening.

Im starting to rethink my stance on owning a firearm...

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I found a little more on this:

50 Terror Groups in Canada

"TORONTO - Though many view Canada as an unassuming neutral nation that has skirted terrorist attacks, it has suffered its share of aggression, and intelligence officials believe at least 50 terror groups now have some presence here...

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
One giant sleeper cell perhaps?

This has to be the single most offensive thing i have seen you type (my family is originally from Canada).

You should be ashamed of yourself for such a blanket statement.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

This has to be the single most offensive thing i have seen you type (my family is originally from Canada).

I will not believe that he was saying all of Canada was a sleeper cell.

Skip, could you clarify?

[edit on 5-7-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

My family is from Canada, I am half Canadian. If that statement offends you, you shouldnt be reading boards of this nature.

Edit:

I don’t imply that Canada is a giant sleeper cell in the literal sense, but if as many as 50 known terror groups operate within Canada there is effectively a giant sleeper cell.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Is Canada a safe haven for Terrorists?

The CSIS report on Terrorism in Canada

Our borders are long and unique among developed countries - we have a common border with the United States, one of the world’s pre-eminent terrorist targets. Our openness and respect for human rights and freedoms make Canada an attractive place to live and do business, not just for the hundreds of thousands of legitimate immigrants who come here each year, but also for members of terrorist and criminal organizations. While the vast majority of immigrants and refugees have no greater priority than to be productive members of a peaceful and prosperous society, others slip through and are bent on using Canada as a base from which to support terrorist activities.

With the possible exception of the United States, there are more international terrorist organizations active in Canada than anywhere in the world. This situation can be attributed to Canada’s proximity to the United States which currently is the principal target of terrorist groups operating internationally; and to the fact that Canada, a country built upon immigration, represents a microcosm of the world. It is therefore not surprising that the world’s extremist elements are represented here, along with peace-loving citizens.
Most terrorist activities in Canada are in support of actions elsewhere linked to homeland conflicts. These activities include providing a convenient base for terrorist supporters and may involve using the refugee stream to enter Canada, or immigrant smuggling. In recent years, terrorists from different international terrorist organizations have come to Canada posing as refugees
Canada, along with other Western democracies, introduced anti-terrorist legislation (Bill C-36). Canada’s Anti-terrorism Act created measures to deter, disable, identify, and prosecute those engaged in terrorist activities or supporting these activities. The intent of the legislation makes it an offence to knowingly support terrorist organizations, whether through overt violence, or by providing support through documentation, shelter or funds. One integral part of the Anti-terrorism Act requires the publication of a list of groups deemed to constitute a threat to the security of Canada and Canadians.

Being Canadian I have to say that this comes as no suprise. However I do not fear for my life nor do I wish to alter my behavior. If I do then the terrorist have succesfully induced terror. I have confidence in CSIS and take comfort in the fact that Canada is seen in the world as relitivly benign and compasionate. However Canadians have been subject to terror, the air india bombing in 1985 is still somewhat fresh in our minds, and there were some Canadians in the trade towers and on the planes of 9/11.

As for "border lockdown" I do not see how this will be effetive. Unless you build some sort of berlin type wall from coast to coast there will allways be leaks. Pot smuglers from BC and elsewhere get back and forth all the time dispite the "war on drugs". A few miles through forest or a short boat cruse and bam your there.

Drug smugglers taking to the water

Drug smugglers turn to northern border

edit: I was not offended, but I do not belive that there is a sleeper cell in any form, the fact that you Know the 50 different terrorist groups operating is evidence that CSIS is doing it's job, and finding these people and thouse that support them.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by Halfofone]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

My family is from Canada. If that statement offends you, you shouldnt be reading boards of this nature.

I am still not understanding what you are saying.

Are you saying all of Canada and its people is a sleeper cell?

Thank you for te update.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Canada is obviously a haven for terrorists, we actually caught the guy who wanted to blow up LAX airport crossing into the U.S. from Canada.

I don't know why they'd directly attack Canada though, since that might actually wake up the Canadians and convince them to control their borders, break up terrorist groups, and perhaps even form a military and join the war on terror. I think it'd be better for the terrorists to just use the sleeping Canada as a launching point for attacking the U.S.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Canada is obviously a haven for terrorists, we actually caught the guy who wanted to blow up LAX airport crossing into the U.S. from Canada.

I don't know why they'd directly attack Canada though, since that might actually wake up the Canadians and convince them to control their borders, break up terrorist groups, and perhaps even form a military and join the war on terror. I think it'd be better for the terrorists to just use the sleeping Canada as a launching point for attacking the U.S.

Now I am offended.
There are more terrorist cells in the States than in Canada.
CSIS Does break up cells, And does it very well.
and we do have a military a$$.
We accually have our own minds and do not wish to support a pre-emtive war for oil.
You my friend are truely ignorant.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

and perhaps even form a military and join the war on terror. .

Wow, this might be the rudest thing I have ever seen.

Do you really think they have no army?
Learn about Canada before you talk about it.

Is the war in Iraq the war on Terror?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Halfofone
Now I am offended.
...There are more terrorist cells in the States than in Canada...

Thats not true:

Quote from Yahoo Canada news:

"The U.S. State Department has estimated there are 40 terrorist organizations with sympathizers or supporters in the United States...."

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I may be mistaken...and if I am, please correct me...but were the 911 terrorist groups not American citizens?

As Canada has a population 1/10th that of U.S.A., how feasable is it that perhaps you should be looking within your own borders rather than inciting a hatred towards a neighbour like Canada. we at least gave safe haven to the hundreds, if not thousands caught in the rush to clear the skies of airliners as the events unfolded.

As to the terrorist trying to 'blow up LAX', did he not try to go through a border checkpoint and get caught in the attempt?

Please stop attempting to paint every country that ever had good relations with America as a problem...that attitude will eventually leave America alone in the world and time is a hard mistress for those doing solitary.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjcThats not true:

ok. I'll swallow that.

However it does not ditract from the ignorance of the poster.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

That was a stupid thing to say. Canada has been in Afghanistan since day one. You are just inciting hostility in this thread. And you are a councillor? How the hell did that happen.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
OK guys, let's not let this thread get out of hand.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

That was a stupid thing to say. Canada has been in Afghanistan since day one. You are just inciting hostility in this thread. And you are a councillor? How the hell did that happen.

i dink he just making people aware of the dangers of Canada being less strict on people that the U.S. govt believes is a danger to national security, like for example giving asylum that are known to have terror connections. it shouldnt be Canada's fault, remember that we allow a terrorist who requested asylum in American and committed a terrorist attack in 93 on the world trade center, terrorists love to take advantage of our soft belly.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

Oh spare me, that was just simply criticizing the Canadian government in the same way even many Canadians do...I didn't drop the drama-bomb with any personal attacks on members or specific Canadians like you did.

It's funny how you can get away with accusing the U.S. government and George W. Bush of cold-blooded murder and every other sort of infamous crime but you get all defensive if someone criticizes another country.... :shk:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

It's funny how you can get away with accusing the U.S. government and George W. Bush of cold-blooded murder and every other sort of infamous crime but you get all defensive if someone criticizes another country.... :shk:

I just love this reply anytime someone wants to criticize another nation. Just whip out this nugget and let the opinions fly. :shk:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Halfofone

Originally posted by skippytjcThats not true:

ok. I'll swallow that.

However it does not ditract from the ignorance of the poster.

I dont agree with his statements either

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Criticising the Canadian Government by knowingly lying? Say what you want, you lied while knowing it was a lie. There is no other reason for this other than to incite hostility in this thread.

"and perhaps even form a military and join the war on terror". You knew that Canada joined the WOT from the beginning. yet you chose to go ahead with your lie. It would be different if Canada didnt join the coalition in Afghanistan, but they did. And you knew this. And lied. How much more plain do you you want it spelled out?

Admit this, or look the fool. As a member of the ATS council, you knowlingly lie in a thread and then proceed to try and backtrack out of it by flipping the issue onto someone else. You are not here for the conspiracy or the community. You along with members of the extreme left are here to BS and cause division. Im getting sick and tired of the BS on theses forums. Your answer to their BS is to create BS of your own. And here you are, a member of the ATS Council.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by cargo]

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join