It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America settled 40 000 years ago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
America setteled 30 000 years earlier than belived until now. Follow this link for more info (BBC);

news.bbc.co.uk...

Does this change your wiew of A. history? How sure are the age of archeologic findings already in Museums?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
This doesent surprize me one bit . After all in geo terms an extra 30,000 years one way of the other is just one tick on the clock.
i wouldent be surprized if we found even older evedence of humans in america . ill even go so far as to put a number lets say 100,000 years.
Right after we gained our mobility a 150,000 years agaio in less then 10,000 years we were in ever corner of the east earth . given another 40,000 years it seams no problem for use to have found a way here.
Of corse were not talking lost civiolations or any such nonsence here just nomatick hunters gathers in very small groups .larg enough to keep going small enough to leave very few traces .
starting with such small scattered groups over millions of square mills it would take thousands of years to build a poplation of millions and even up untill white man came the total poplation in this part of the world was less then 30 40 million for all of canada the us mexico and south america.
the birth death rate was very close to even with humans gaining gground very slowly.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I remember studying this in college 30 years ago -- there was ample evidence that the first Americans came here 25-30,000 years ago or earlier. Some speculative evidence was as long as 40-50,000 years, but the earlier migrations may have died out or any genetic evidence disappeared through assimilation. I thought the 15,000 year date was dismissed years ago.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Just FYI SOmeone Posted this in ATSNN

www.atsnn.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
I remember studying this in college 30 years ago -- there was ample evidence that the first Americans came here 25-30,000 years ago or earlier. Some speculative evidence was as long as 40-50,000 years, but the earlier migrations may have died out or any genetic evidence disappeared through assimilation. I thought the 15,000 year date was dismissed years ago.

you are correct,
those 'theories' & 'speculations' were floating around

but the academics....insisted, that the 'Clovis First' model was the standard or benchmark.
also the academics...insisted that the Bering Strait landbridge crossing was
the standard model for the 1st humans on the NA continent(s)

~~~~~~~~~~~

i'm glad this BBC news article has entered the record,
but it will still need to be cross-referenced as far as it relates to
theories about ancient or lost civilizations here in the western hemisphere
in several threads here in ATS, (with Byrd & others)

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
...but the academics....insisted, that the 'Clovis First' model was the standard or benchmark.
also the academics...insisted that the Bering Strait landbridge crossing was
the standard model for the 1st humans on the NA continent(s)...

There are always a few diehards that cling to old ideas. Look hard enough you can always find a credentialed contrarian in any field. And someone will cite him as an authoritative source.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
There's an article in USA Today about the human occupation in the New World. Here's the link: www.usatoday.com...

top topics

join