It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is sad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I just received my social security statement .It tells you how much retirement money you will receive when you reach certain ages.It also tells you how much you have paid in over the last 10 to 15 years.
It is sickening when you look at the amount of money you pay in and how very little you receive back.Where does all this money go???To freeloaders and people too lazy to get a job?I know its not going to the old people.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
You think you've got problems dude?
Over here in the UK, there will be no pension for old people when they retire. We're paying into a system now that won't give us a penny back in later years.
We are forced to take out private pensions, as without them we will not be able to survive in later years.

The main reason for this isn't freeloaders though.
It's the fact that the old people are living longer.
Back in the 40s and 50s you were lucky if you collected your pension for 10 years. Now 20 years is the norm. The system just can't cope and it's all down to bad planning and budgeting by our forefathers.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Social Security wont be here in the Us either, by the time we get old. Congress using social security money for other crap, not investing the money to make it bigger, and lower birth rates mean a smaller next egneration to pay into it to support thier elders.

Most people here rely on 401k and IRA accounts, if you can get them, though those arent very steady either. Social security retirement age upped to 67. And social security ebnefits arent enough for retirees to live on, even with social security, the monthly payments for most arent enough to make rent, house, or property tax payments.

Thus, nothing for us when we retire, mostlikely. Even medicare might not be there someday.

But yeah, freeloaders do suck huge amounts of money off the system. I know people who are simply lazy going to the doc to get an insanity degree so they can live off social security for the rest of thier lives. freeloaders are part of the problem, not the whole.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If I had all the money that was being stolen from me every month in the name of Social Security, I'd have nothing to worry about when I retire...and believe me, I'm socking back in a 401k.

Social security is thievery. It is taxation without representation. It is the evil twisted doings of a Masonic, Democratic president and is the most contemptible monetary burden on the US citizen to date.

I hate social security.

Now I'm mad again, I'm gonna go dig FDR up and bitch-slap him.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I'm sorry Valhall.Didn't mean to stir you up.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It is freeloaders,they go by the title "politicians".

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
It is freeloaders,they go by the title "politicians".

...nice! Yep...I notice them fat-cats in Office don't seem too shy about giving themselves a nice fat pay-rise regularily or upping their tasty Govt perks...

...makes you wonder just who is working for who...

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
I'm sorry Valhall.Didn't mean to stir you up.

Well, don't want to make assumptions about your age and all, but trust me...the older you get, and the longer you work, and the more you make, the bigger the total robbery, and the bigger per month the screwin' you get.

See, I'm willing to put my convictions to work. I, for one, would be willing to say...yep, you took a lot of money from me that I'm never getting back...IF, they would just STOP social security right this minute. I'm not asking for anything back, just STOP raping me right now. I'll take care of myself. Leave me alone. Stop it. Quit. You're hurting me.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   
No assumptions necessary.I am a young 40.

top topics

join