It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will answer almost all questions evolutionists have

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
here is a website that will answer so many quesitons regarding the age of the earth, the flood, creation vs evolution, and so on.

The Answers

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Are you trying to convine us the the Earth cas created in 6 days? Or just presenting a reference guide to laugh at?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The site is a Joke, along with Dr. Horvind. Also I remebered a previous post concerning this cite:

Here
(turns out it was you that originally posted it)

His "scientific"
infromation is faulty and incorrect or it is construed in a misleading manner, and this site is just a tool for political use pushing for creationism to be taught as a science rather than a philospical subject.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hovind is a crackpot and a criminal:

www.usao.edu...
www.talkorigins.org...
www.csicop.org...
www.kent-hovind.com...
www.skepticfriends.org...
www.findarticles.com...

A simple search for the man's name on google will reveal both his fraudulant character and false claims. He is a tax scammer who recycles stale, incorrect creationist arguments that even creationists admit should not be used.

Zip

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
My, Oh, my the movement to kill sciences and geological time frames is really getting ridiculous.

What amazed me is how people will dump scientific research for so called "experts" opinions on the Geological age of the earth.

Incredible.

But hey some will believe anything now a days.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Kent Hovind ("Dr. Dino") is not really a doctor, and has long since been proven to be full of lies and deception here on this and other websites.

Those are answers only for the witless who refuse to make any effort to open their minds and learn reality.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
perhaps it is all of you who are no willing to open up your minds. maybe before making conclusions, why not open up your mind and acutally read what he has to say, and it might acutally make sense. i have read both on evolution and creation; both are theories yes, but creationism makes more sense than evolution. what you are doing is shifting the burden of proof, and challenging the creditablily of Dr. Hovind, without giving any further proof that evolution is indeed science and not a religion.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I think that, arguably, most people here have pretty open minds. I have read some of Hovind's crap and it is crap. Answersingenesis.org, TrueOrigin.org, and some other creationist websites (there is a forum index thread for them) are EXCEEDINGLY better than that guy's. See? I couldn't admit something positive about creationist websites if I didn't have an open mind.

Zip

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
well i am just happy that you are letting yourself become exposed to the flip side. that is what i want....to deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
but what part of the website do u find is crap in particular?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joshm2u
but what part of the website do u find is crap in particular?

Each part after drdino.com/

Hovind is not a doctor of any type.

I'm very familiar with the Bible, and at one point was convinced I might be "of the cloth" as I studied diligently. Now, I'm an atheist with a solid background in Biblical study... the kind of person that the "Dr. Dino's" tend to fear.

Tell me... Josh... why must the concept of evolution be excluded from the Biblical story of creation?

(And we say it often enough, but in science, "theory" means pretty much generally accepted facts. For example, the "theory of gravity" is pretty well accepted.)

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
"God did it" is not much of an answer. Kent Hovind is clearly part of the fringe of the Creationist movement. Most groups try to distance themselves from him, inspite of the desire to keep all the groups under a "Big Tent".

What did you consider an answer in those pages you presented? Most of it is inaccurate.

why not open up your mind and acutally read what he has to say

The reason why so many people are so disparaging of Kent Hovind is because they have done exactly that.

what you are doing is shifting the burden of proof, and challenging the creditablily

No. What has happened is that Hovind's arguement are so often refuted, that there is practically nothing left to consider that comes from him, except hs fraudulent credentials. And no one has 'shifted the burder of proof". Shifting the burden of proof or shifting the goalposts means that one is demanding a certain level of proof, receiving it, and then claiming that you actually had needed a higher level of proof.

Plainly, its up to creationists to demonstrate, to the scientific community, that evolution is inaccurate, as a science. Its a rather simple process, they simply have to test the hypotheses of evolutionary biology.

Infact, that is what evolutionary biologists do, they test the various hypotheses surrounding evolution, they, literally, try to refute and falsify evolution. Their constant failure to do so, and the real power of their tests, demonstrates that evolution is a great and strong hypothesis. People like Hovind, on the other hand, don't try to test anything, but simply repeat disproven and oftentimes silly and thoughtless arguements against evolution. Thats why hovind is continually derired, because he is well worthy of derision.

of Dr. Hovind

Kent Hovind is by no means a Doctor. The very fact that he insists and billing himself as such is evidence of his poor ethical character and deceptiveness. He does not have a degree from a nationally accredited degree granting university. Worse, the 'company' that gave him a 'degree' won't let anyone see his 'thesis' to review it which is absolutely ridiculous. Normally, when you actually get a degree and write a thesis, its stored publically, to demonstrate that it was done and to permit other researchers to review it, because everyone in science gets their credentials questioned, especially when it becomes obvious that their education and worse, understanding, is not up to snuff.

that is what i want....to deny ignorance.

A well noble goal, but if you are getting most of your information from peopel like Kent Hovind, then you are being 'taught' by people who are completely ignorant. That is not to say that all creationists or creationist-leaning peopel are ignornant, but Hovind certainly is.

Check out some of our 'stickied' threads in this forum, such as this one and also browse thru some of our other threads on the subject to see a real variety of opinions and conclusions.

[edit on 6-7-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well said Nygdan, well said.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is from Dr. Hovind himself.

Dr. Hovind (A): If the universe is not billions of years old, then we need not bother with the other arguments supporting evolution.

This is the same argument that most young creationist hold to their scientific facts.

It encourage intellectual stagnation and education. Indeed if you want to stop free thinking and empirical research lets Mr. Hovind theories tell the truth along with all young creationist.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
wow you guys definaly know much more about hovind than i do. all i know about him is from his video series taht my cousin started showing me abotu creation. i know the bible quite well, and most of his things make sense, and although all of you make very valid points, its not really him im believing in, it is God and creationism.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
They make sense to people who don't know anything about science because it sounds good.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joshm2u
its not really him im believing in, it is God and creationism.

What do you find convincing about creationism? I don't mean that flippantly.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
Hovind is a crackpot and a criminal:

www.usao.edu...
www.talkorigins.org...
www.csicop.org...
www.kent-hovind.com...
www.skepticfriends.org...
www.findarticles.com...

A simple search for the man's name on google will reveal both his fraudulant character and false claims. He is a tax scammer who recycles stale, incorrect creationist arguments that even creationists admit should not be used.

Zip

I agree, this man is a fraud.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
who cares if he isnt really a doctor. that doesnt mean that things that he says arent right. some professors sound like they are smarter than him, but "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" Romans 1:22

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

(And we say it often enough, but in science, "theory" means pretty much generally accepted facts. For example, the "theory of gravity" is pretty well accepted.)

Umm, Skeptic, sir? I don't mean to step on your toes here, but isn't your "theory", pretty generally referred to, nowadays, as the "Law of gravity"?
* runs away and hides under the couch*

[edit on 7/25/2005 by lightseeker]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join