It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: New Theory On Americas Discovery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It looks like the American continent may have been 'discovered' on a number of occasions by a number of different people at different time in history accoriding to a Liverpool University Doctor. This new find challenges popular theory held about how the Americas were discovered.

uk.news.yahoo.com
British scientists claimed they have unearthed 40,000 year-old human footprints in central Mexico which shatter previous theories on how humans first colonised the Americas.

Dr Silvia Gonzalez, from Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU), who led the team of researchers, said the findings were "the tip of the iceberg" and would help rewrite the history books.

She said the discovery, near to the city of Puebla, 130 km southeast of Mexico City, challenges the traditionally held view that settlers first crossed the Bering Straits, from Russia to Alaska, at the end of the last ice age around 11,500 to 11,000 years ago.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If these footprints do show evidence that the Americas were discovered 40,000 years ago then we can take it that many cultures may have existed in the 'missing' 30,000 years that popular theory believes the continent to have been known for.

These discoveries will hopefull give some insight into other missing envelopes of the history of mankind and hopefully give us a better understanding of where we came from and how we migrated across the Earth.

Related News Links:
www.ananova.com

[edit on 4-7-2005 by soapydodger]

[edit on 4-7-2005 by soapydodger]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This is very interesting indeed, however many forget that the Americans aren't really Americans but decendents of Mongolian and other northern asians. Also, the "Discovery" of America did not happen in the Carribbien by the Italian traitor, Colombus; but rather by Chinese Explorers during the early 12th century along the Alluetian Islands of Alaska. The More you learn the more you find that you know nothing.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
very ineteresting and leads support to many archeoligical finds that also dont tally in with the accepted current theory.

There have been found pottery and some artifacts from around 3-500 AD and some ponting to even before BC showing traditional Celtic designs. Also there are desecendants in a tribal society of Indians with some born with very pale skin and blonde hair and blue eyes, that pops up in their history even though the parents are Native Indians and display none of that trait themselves. This shows the throwback effect with the gene from the foothills of Central Europe introduced much earlier in that native tribe resurfacing.

As well as some evidence that the Early Vikings and maybe the Normans made it to America.

Yep maybe America was also visited by the Chinese in the 12th C but there is a growing consensus too that the Druids (original people of Britain U.K. i.e Welsh, Scottish, Irish, Cornish the British Celts (who descended from
the germanic celts from central europe probably around 10-20,000 BC however tis number could be much longer!) who BTW were never fully defeated by either the Romans, Vikings or the Normans only the central part of the UK ever fell and then the 'English' nation was born there(from subjegated and a controled population) anyhow lol these Druids or celts (guys who built Stonehenge) probably went to the American Continent in their famous boats the corals before britian was invaded by either the Romans or Normans or the Vandels. This was perceived now as a time around a thousand years plus or minus of 1 BC, but I see no reason why it couldnt have happened earlier. So my point here is to show that what we accept as fact or the truth is often very much differant to actual events.

I mean how did the polynesians spread? How did the Abo's get to Australia like 80-120,000 bc? by boat.

Good find the whole migration during the last ice age across the straight never fitted for me anyhow but I havnt believed in it for years but im sure it will be educated as fact to many in school today. Maybe and probably a migration did take place at the end of the last Ice Age but I have no doubt that it was NOT the first contact Humans had with the Continent of America.

MischeviouslyProudOfHisConfirmed500YearPureCelticBloodline

No defeatist in me! My forefathers ad infinitum never surrended neither will I, Truth and Justice.

MischeviousCelticTruthWarrior

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
MischeviousRacialSlurer as well

Im not sure you'd know this if you are not Australian, but the term "Abo" is derogatory and insulting.

Just thought I'd let you know

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
originaly from MischeviousElf

As well as some evidence that the Early Vikings and maybe the Normans made it to America.

one thing i just have to mention- viking is an occupation not a people the people who participated in viking raids were the norse.

back on topic, it has been pretty much proven that the norse were here much before columbus. in fact even the inuit admit that they were not the original people in the north. that there were a people there before them. america the land that gets discovered time and time again i guess.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Subz thanks

No offence meant should have checked my wording and spelling, I tend to type and post quickly. I wont do that again! again I am sorry for any offence caused, my best friend is from a different ethnic group to me and I am in no way Racist though I can see how that could be taken that way.

I have massive respect for the Aboriginal culture of the world especially Australia, I even have a didgeridoo and play sometimes, mmm too much dreamtime loosing my concentration.

Ps thanks for the poster who corrected my misquote on the Norse, that was what I meant.

MischeviouslyEmbarrassed

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
What is very interesting is that as we learn more and more about this continent we call home, we continue to "worship" Columbus as some sort of hero. He was a profiteering, traitor, who started the slave trade with the natives of the Carribbien. Also, did you know that he is the only Non-American that there is an American Holiday for?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I think people will continue to believe that Columbus discovered the Americas and anyone before this was more or less that far back in human evolution that they were bascially animals and insignifigant. I believe this for the fact that people seem to get unnervey when their knowledge of facts is challenged because then it puts doubt on everything else they know.

I find it more acceptable that a race of people or several races found the Americas by boat first rather than across the Bering Straight with its hostile environment.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Could the foot print be a native americans?

[edit on 5-7-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I have long thought the 'Columbus discovering America' story was just a smokescreen created by Western Europe to hide the true origins of history. There is so much more to humanity's past, and we are just beginning to open our eyes and look around and let the evidence challenge our long held beliefs. This needs to be done on an individual as well as global level if we are to make the transition to a truly inclusive world view.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
the Norse had made it all the way inland to Oklahoma (via water channels)
by 600-800AD... maybe earlier... but not later...
Runes that were used during that age are found all over the southeast (also near river channels)...

those wacky Norsemen... have boat...will travel...

hail Glome... you live on in our memory as yet another founder of our land...
I enjoyed your valley greatly... nice location selection.

(ref: Heavener Runestone state park, Oklahoma)

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Wasnt there a Sitchen Theroy about Coming up from South America Rather than North. ? NOt that I beleive in any of his theroies but some here do and I thought I would bring that up.

Also I do not think there are too many americans who think Columbus Discovered America anymore. Take a Poll, I bet 9 outta 10 know someone was here earlier.

Columbus did on the other hand lead to its colonization from Europe which lead to the america we have now. Good , Bad or Indifferent.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ah, the good old European forcefullness. We destroyed the 'uncivilised' Incas. We destroyed the Native American for all intents and purposes because our way was 'more civilised.'

I love it when evidence turns up thats helps us see what things were like before the European invasion.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I've been noticing that in the past decade or so, the age of humanity keeps getting pushed further and further back. I supposet his is kind of the same thing.

It definately lends credence to the theories of researchers like Grahamn Hanncock that say there were advanced civilizations 12,000 years ago. 30,000 extra years is alot of time for many civilizations to rise and fall. Maybe there is something to the Atlantis in North America story afterall.

This also helps those who think that there was regular contact between the so-called Old and New worlds. Hell....this changes everything. 30,000 years....man were they really off. What else might they have wrong?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
This also helps those who think that there was regular contact between the so-called Old and New worlds. Hell....this changes everything. 30,000 years....man were they really off. What else might they have wrong?

Its pretty scary how far wrong 30,000 years is. Its getting our time mistaken for the late Middle Paleolithic age. A bit of a boo boo you could say.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I remember seeing a show about atlantis and that it appeared that the ruins of a roadway had been discovered in the caribbean but I do not recall exactly where.Does any one recall that show?If so I wonder if that would have some connection to this discovery.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bargaindan
I remember seeing a show about atlantis and that it appeared that the ruins of a roadway had been discovered in the caribbean but I do not recall exactly where.Does any one recall that show?If so I wonder if that would have some connection to this discovery.

The Bimini road. Some people think it's a road build by the Atlantians. Some think it's just a rock formation.

en.wikipedia.org...

Well if humans have been in North Amerca for 41,000 years, who knows what they could have done. The water level has certainly changed since then. An ice age has come and gone....

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
There are a few rune's in the northwest also.

In Oregon, down in the Crooked River Canyon, there are 3 things of interest:

A Norse rune carved on the canyon wall that roughly says "Rai was here -400AD"
A carving of a fleet of Norse ships (about a mile away from the other rune)
A giant carving of a face (big enough to sit in it's mouth)

Also, in southern Oregon there is an area called Fort Rock, it used to be the location of an Ancient tribe, according to all the Archeaologists in the area (and tour guides) there used to be a massive tribe in the area about 10,000 years ago, they had built storehouses in the rock side and created perfectly perserved sandals (thousands of them) and hid them in the storehouses.

According to Archaeologists these people died off long before anyone entered the area from the north, who they are or where they came from has remained an absolute mystery.

Perhaps we've got a little light on it now.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
None of this is surprsing. Archiologists, anthropoligists, whatever, hypothesize scenarios using evidence they have found in a particular site, don't they? My hypothacy: There were probably colonies of people there already, before anyone "discovered" them.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mbuhir
There are a few rune's in the northwest also.

In Oregon, down in the Crooked River Canyon, there are 3 things of interest:

A Norse rune carved on the canyon wall that roughly says "Rai was here -400AD"

ah yes the norse amoung the first grafiti artists constantinople has some of that as well. seems that the "(insert name) was here was a definate norse thing.

A carving of a fleet of Norse ships (about a mile away from the other rune)
A giant carving of a face (big enough to sit in it's mouth)

Also, in southern Oregon there is an area called Fort Rock, it used to be the location of an Ancient tribe, according to all the Archeaologists in the area (and tour guides) there used to be a massive tribe in the area about 10,000 years ago, they had built storehouses in the rock side and created perfectly perserved sandals (thousands of them) and hid them in the storehouses.

any hope of pictures of these things? especialy the sandles would be nice but all would be helpfull.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join