It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 4 most powerful military's

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

Originally posted by mirza2003
he guy any body can provide what is past and present of china navy.
what position he held in international water.

the indian navy is not a international navy it doesn't have the power to project power into european waters alantic waters. pacific waters.

chinas navy was geared to be a coastal defence force in the 70s-80s but in the 90s larger ships were built. eg. Luhu Luhai. now newer surface ships are being built eg Type 52C Type 52B and Sovremenny. these ships are built to go out to see not for coastal patrol.

and now a new class of airdefence ship is being built the Type 51C. the question you should ask is why would china build a aegis class ship when chinas navy is cover by land-based aircraft if it was geared towards a coastal force.

i am not talking here about India i am talking about china's navyand present what exprtise chinas had to opreate in international water.
no matter how much ship thay had how many time did chines navy practise with other international navy like france britain and US or russia.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
FRANCE
www.newsmax.com...

Russia
www.chinadaily.com.cn...
and one in 1999

India
in.rediff.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   

FRANCE
www.newsmax.com...

Russia
www.chinadaily.com.cn...
and one in 1999

India
in.rediff.com...

first link said in china
second link said we are planing
third link said in china

damn

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
the first link didn't say in china. the second link says that one had already happened in 1999 and the other one was near shanghai.

international water is 120-200km past your countrys coastline.(something like that)

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   

the first link didn't say in china. the second link says that one had already happened in 1999 and the other one was near shanghai.

international water is 120-200km past your countrys coastline.(something like that)

internatnal water is like open or sea far from coastline and or ni other country

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   

India
in.rediff.com...

Great news.. I'm happy for china/india
.. If only they'd stop building that naval base at Gwadar in Pakistan and close that listening post on the cOcos Islands (Myanmar)

btw..From your first link:

"Bonjour Saddam Hussein. Voulez vous achetez les Mirages jets avec la capacite de poison gas?" remarked the analyst.

France sells military euip in equal amounts to India and Pakistan

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
i dont get it. the exercise happened after the port visit to Quingdao and then they had

The Sino-French exercise included offensive helicopter tactics; ship refueling at sea and simulated search-and-rescue missions.

?? says refueling at sea. how far is that

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   

i dont get it. the exercise happened after the port visit to Quingdao and then they had

The Sino-French exercise included offensive helicopter tactics; ship refueling at sea and simulated search-and-rescue missions.

poor chap still saying refulling done in sea

BTW did youever hear that navel done refulling on the land

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
hmmm.. interesting.. maybe that's mirza's point.. It was an exercise and so the re-fueling bit may not have been "to replenish fuel for a ship runnig low on it" but to simply check if re-fueling mechanisms work.
One can have a re-fueling drill at port as well..

Also interesting how all chinese forreign naval exercises happen off chinese coasts/ports only.. not the the other way around..
I'd like to see PLAN ships visit foreign ports (French/Russian/Indian) too.
That would be real exposure to the high seas

Note: Somebody shifted that fleet sim thread to the damn video game forum!!

Just when I was posting "military" data on the scramble response times of the maritime jets!!!
Where does one lodge a protest??

[edit on 17-7-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   

BTW did youever hear that navy done refulling on the land

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Also interesting how all chinese forreign naval exercises happen off chinese coasts/ports only.. not the the other way around..

the PLAN just recently made a round the world trip to many countries.

i had some pictures of it in australia. ill find them tonight

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirza2003

BTW did youever hear that navy done refulling on the land

was that meant to be a joke

i said sea because the sea is out there. international water sea.

i dont know why you laughed it justs shows how stupid you are

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
chinawhite to mirza :

justs shows how stupid you are

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
haha. good one.

read my whole post

[edit on 17-7-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

its not quite interesting actually. china seeings herself as a regional power not a world power. china doesn't want to rule the oceans only protect those vital supply lines.

the PLAN has had one round the world trip before.
www.c7f.navy.mil...

even went to visit american forces
www.c7f.navy.mil...

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
yes.. thats the first chinese foreign call and thats in Guam (1500km) of the east coast...
Thats like the India going to the SEychelles..

Hmm.. remind yourself of what you jsut said chinawhite.. about coastal power and other things.. Thats my assessment of the PLAN too.. That is in pure opposition/contradiction to power projection..

Also I read in one of your links above or in another thread that the chinese said that they were bugged with the US "governing" control of traffic through the Malacca Straits since 4/5ths of china enrgy imports are routed via there..
The article said that China was willing to employ "reciprocal" supply deterrence to US supply lines..
I doubt that is possible now..

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
with landing ships amphibious landing ships are used for such things as invasions etc. If you want to move a force to another continent, cargo ships and Ro-Ros are great to do this with and they can be contracted by the military.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
IMO the 4 most powerful military's are:
1st - US military. No explanation needed.
2nd - Russian military. They've got a large military and a lot of nukes.
3rd - it's difficult to say who. The countries that could be claimed to have that position are: Germany, India and China. I think it is India who deserves to be considered the world's 3rd most powerful military.
4th - Germany, then. Israel could be considered the world's 4th most powerful military, too.

Top 4 most powerful military's

United Kingdom

You must be joking.

[edit on 17-7-2005 by AtheiX]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'd put the French above the Indians and the UK even..

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
i did not like put any ranking here because every country is king in their own nest.

like china

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join