It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's are from another dimension

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think that there could be travelers from another dimension, but I would also say that not all UFO's are. Some may come from another dimension, like the orbs, but I believe that there are aliens from other planets. I base this hypothesis on the Roswell case where a craft did crash in the desert and there were beings on it. The craft and beings were real and tangible, and were not spiritual in nature. Then if you read the government documents about this, which were written by people who were able to study the debris and beings first hand, the conclusion they come up with is they are extraterrestrial. Without being able to ask the ET's themselves, this is the best conclusion we can go on.

Also I would assume that this particular craft was not a time traveling vehicle, because if the beings had the ability to travel through time, would they not go back in time and keep the crash from happening?

The hypothesis about changing frequencies is interesting, and many witnesses have described UFO's with the ability to disappear. So I would venture a guess that changing frequencies may be used to cloak themselves. It may be that it puts in another dimension, but then they could not observe us while being cloaked.

I have also thought that the reason they appear is by accident. Maybe they think we can't see them when briefly we can.

Or maybe they just got lost, and are checking crop circles for directions. Who knows?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
>I used to wonder about that LordBucket but since i feel i've found out
>the other dimensions that is very easyly to cross over from on to another.

Agreed. It should be just as trivial to move in the "extra" dimensions as it is to move in the ones we're famliiar with. I think that science fiction has done us all a tremendous disservice by presenting these ideas in a very misleading way. Look at how we've chosen to phrase things. "Cross over" "dimensional boundary" etc.

>A change of frequency is needed to be able to cross these threasholds.

This is the way it's generally presented when I read about it, yes. But let me offer an alternative perspective based on what we already know. Let's go back to envisioning our one or two dimensional creatures. How would they perceive us? Seeing us appear and dissappear from their space at will. Would they also speculate on "extra dimensions and speak of "crossing boundaries?" They might. But to us this would be an awfully strange way of thinking about it. When you type in this forum your fingers are moving through that space. In fact, even without moving they exist across, through and throughout those "threshholds."

I suspect it would work similarly between us and creatures of greater dimension. They wouldn't think of boundaries and barriers...simply moving from one place to another, and like us, would physically exist in more dimensions. Up to this point I've avoided speaking of time as a dimension, but I think it's altogether likely that these creatures perceive our "time" in a way that could perhaps be described as spatial. A four-dimenional creature could see you, and your entire life from birth to death as one discrete thing, just as you see all of a rock at once.

Along that line, has it ever occurred to anyone that the popular use of the word "density" online to describe states of being is really an excellent metaphor for what we're describing? A three dimensional creature is infinitely more massive than a two dimensional one. And, that extra mass would probably be visualized as being "adjacent to" or "superimposed upon" the two dimeinsional space it was familiar with. Our visualization of a "fourth density" creature is the same.

>Its almost like they got a radio dial in their possession that allows
>them to tune into our set of space. By space i mean the particular
>frequency that we are all attuned to.

That's a famliiar reference. But, I would tend to discourage anything that makes it sound exotic or mystical. Do you require equipment or special focus to "tune into" a piece of paper?

>Now i wonder what would happen if we were able to change our
>frequency and hold that state? Perhaps we too could then cross
>over the veil.

Let's work with the metaphors we've been given. The only reason a two dimensional creature can't travel through three dimensional space is, presumably, that its form only occupies two dimensions. Read any new age website. They often speak of "growing an astral body. Doesn't that sound similar?

I think the "frequency" concept is just another metaphor for this. If you look at a low energy wave, couldn't it be described as "less dense" than a high energy one?

...especially when viewed from along it's axis so that it looks like a small, straight line?

[edit on 5-7-2005 by LordBucket]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
LordBucket, what your describing sounds to me more like the Mothman phenomenon. These beings that appear and make predictions because they are more aware. This doesn't sound like UFO's to me. Again I refer back to Roswell. If UFO's are interdimensional and more aware, would they have not been able to avoid a crash?

I think your describing a different phenomenon than the classic UFO, in my opinion. What type are you refering to?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
John Keel who wrote The Mothman Prophecies is a proponent of the Extra Dimensional Hypothosis but Keel also has a tendency to lump all paranormal/spiritual phenomena as the work of various trickster entities who use humanity in some kind of war or struggle with each other. Although I believe there is a trickster element to the paranormal I find it hard to make the leap of logic that it is therefore all down to these entities.

IMO UFO's, ghosts, daemons etc are all useful avenues and disguises that these beings may co-opt but this does not mean that the real deal doesn't also exists.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
>These beings that appear and make predictions because
>they are more aware. This doesn't sound like UFO's to me.

Why would the two be mutually exclusive? Creature and craft are different things.

>If UFO's are interdimensional and more aware, would they have
>not been able to avoid a crash?

Why? Tools occassionally malfunction. I don't see any reason to think that just because a tool or creature functions in more dimenions, or is more inteilligent means that it is incapable of failure. I mean...we're smarter than geese, but we still make things that break, right?

Also, just to throw it out there...crashes may be deliberate. If you subscribe to any of the channeled material, the classic grey that is usually said to be found in crashed crafts are either subservient slaves, or automata. If that's true, then it's not unreasonable to think that a few ships and a few grays may have been deliberately crashed as part of a gradual process of climitatizing us to the idea of alien life.

>I think your describing a different phenomenon than the classic
>UFO, in my opinion. What type are you refering to?

Again, I'm simply describing, in general, the idea that there may be creatures who occupy more dimensions than we do, and are capable of freely traveling through those dimensions. Just because they do, doesn't neccesarily mean they wouldn't use machines, or vehicles for travel.

And, also...that the "aliens" and "UFO" that people see, may very well be these creatures, and their craft.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by LordBucket]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
We can speculate all we want and claim to have answers but the truth is that none of us will probably ever know how they do it. There is soooooo much that we don't understand not only in the cosmos but on our own planet as well.

Theories have evolved so much ranging from the small DNA strands to the grand birth of our Universe. I think there's infinite possibilities in our Universe.

At one point humans believed that we couldn't fly, we eventually did. People thought that the Earth was the center of the Universe, they were wrong. We also thought that galaxies were only nebulae, however, they turned out to be one of the most brilliant and mysterious structures in the cosmos. The list goes on.

Our knowledge will evolve with time and more exotic technologies and theories will be born. Only through time and patience can we achieve those goals.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by _Anubis_]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
>These beings that appear and make predictions because
>they are more aware. This doesn't sound like UFO's to me.

Why would the two be mutually exclusive? Creature and craft are different things.

Not sure what you mean, I meant UFO's in the classic sense. The type described as discs that people have seen them land with aliens coming out of them.

>If UFO's are interdimensional and more aware, would they have
>not been able to avoid a crash?

Why? Tools occassionally malfunction.

I was refering to time travellers. If they could travel through time, they would be able to go back and fix what went wrong to avoid the crash.

Also, just to throw it out there...crashes may be deliberate.

Could be, who knows. I also think that grey's could possibly be biologically engineered robots, if you will.

Again, I'm simply describing, in general, the idea that there may be creatures who occupy more dimensions than we do, and are capable of freely traveling through those dimensions. Just because they do, doesn't neccesarily mean they wouldn't use machines, or vehicles for travel.

And, also...that the "aliens" and "UFO" that people see, may very well be these creatures, and their craft.

I agree that SOME may be, but I am just saying that real aliens from another planet are visiting us, and interdimensional travellers are a different phenomenon. Just pointing that out, not disagreeing with you.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
>The type described as discs that people have seen them land
>with aliens coming out of them.

Sure. Is there any reason to think that these same aliens aren't extra dimensional?

>I was refering to time travellers.

Oh. I wasn't specifically thinking of time travellers too, but...

>If they could travel through time, they would be able to go back
>and fix what went wrong to avoid the crash.

...I'm not convinced it would work that way. I mean...if they crash and die, they might not be able to go back and fix it anymore.

>I also think that grey's could possibly be biologically engineered robots

It would explain a lot.

>I agree that SOME may be, but I am just saying that real aliens
>from another planet are visiting us, and interdimensional travellers
>are a different phenomenon.

Could be. I'm not sure how we could distinguish the two without...well...asking, I suppose.

"Excuse me...Mr. Alien? Could you settle a debate in the forums for me, please?"

Wow...wouldn't that be fun?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Sure. Is there any reason to think that these same aliens aren't extra dimensional?

The reason is because you described them as having higher perseption or being more aware and able to see someone's entire lifetime, or something. I assumed you meant that they could see into the future of what will happen to that person. So if they could see into the future they would have seen the crash coming and avoided it. Maybe that's not what you meant.

...I'm not convinced it would work that way. I mean...if they crash and die, they might not be able to go back and fix it anymore.

Well, I meant other ET's would go back and fix the problem, if their goal is non-intervention, it would be worth doing. But maybe they can't because their not travelling through time, which was my point.

"Excuse me...Mr. Alien? Could you settle a debate in the forums for me, please?"

Wow...wouldn't that be fun?

Definitely, but as another stated, we can only speculate, and when we find out what their really up to, it could be something all together different. But still fun to talk about.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This sounds very similar to a theory i heard once as to the sky filled with UFO's but the earth satyed the same..

They went onto to say how like we can only see certain parts of the Electro Magnetic Spectrum and these things can operate at different freqencies hence we couldn't see them,but on occasions they had to change freqencies and were exsposed to the human eye.

Not sure what i think but i certainly think there is ALOT more to his Elector Magnet Spectrum than meets the eye 'excuse the pun'

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   

This is the way it's generally presented when I read about it, yes. But let me offer an alternative perspective based on what we already know. Let's go back to envisioning our one or two dimensional creatures. How would they perceive us? Seeing us appear and dissappear from their space at will. Would they also speculate on "extra dimensions and speak of "crossing boundaries?" They might. But to us this would be an awfully strange way of thinking about it. When you type in this forum your fingers are moving through that space. In fact, even without moving they exist across, through and throughout those "threshholds."

This post got me thinking. Maybe if we entered a 2 dimensional space we would seem to appear and dissapear at will when we move in the 3rd plane of direction just as possibly something from a 4th dimension would seem to appear and disapear at will

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I think the idea of life outside of Earth is enough of a challenge for most people. When you consider other Dimensions you move beyond challenge to something even harder to understand. Even the 'simplest' concepts of UFO strain most people's brains.

Certainly possible that some of the things we regard as UFOs or paranormal could be associated with other Dimensions but if that is true then we have little chance of understanding what is going on any time soon.

And there is the little matter of billions of galaxies to deal with, there has to be life out there as well. Actually I find the other Dimensions concept to be more likely when considering things like BigFoot and other mysterious creatures.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Oh dear. What a can of worms this has become.

If you'd like, I'll try to explain what I mean...but like you've already poitned out...all we can do is speculate.

>having higher perseption or being more aware and able to
>see someone's entire lifetime, or something. I assumed you
>meant that they could see into the future of what will happen to
>that person.

Yes. But phrasing it that way would make about as much sense to them as a two dimensional creature on your arm telling you that your head was in extra-dimensional space. Yes...it is. But you probably don't think of it that way.

Let's distance ourselves, for the moment, from this idea of "time." Imagine, if you will...that what we perceive as "time" is being perceived by these creatures as a "spatial" dimension. You could alternately describe length along that dimension as being varying rate of frequency, but personally I find the spatial metaphor more intuitive than the frequency one.

What would this mean?

Well...unfortunately english is somewhat lacking is words to describe four dimensional structures, but from their perspective, they...looking at you, would perceive the "you" that is reading the first sentnce of this paragraph, the "you" that is reading this sentence, as well as the "you" that is reading the last sentence of this paragraph, and they would pereceive them "together" in the same manner in which you are able to look at the words in this sentnce "together," or "at the same time," if you will.

What would they look like?

Well, potentially anything, but more importantly, how "massive" would they be? Infinitely more. Why? Because...their "body" would occupy space in more than one "point" along our dimension of "time." Just like they would be able to perceive the "multiple time-instances of you" "together," they would also see themselves occupying some number of "points" or "time-instances" "together," and when they moved, they would move all of them together, just like how if you move your hand back and forth, all of the various two dimensional planes which comprise it all move together.

When you think of your body, you probably only think of the shape of yoru body "right now." To phrase it from our persective, when they think of their body, they would think of everything five minutes ago, five minutes from now, and everything in between, and when they moved, they would be moving everything in between as well.

What would we look like to them?

The fact is we are four dimensional creatures, at least. We just can't see all of ourselves. We can only perceive "right now." If you wave your hand back and forth in front of your face, you perceive it as moving. They wouldn't. They would simply see a static four dimensional shape comprising all of the "frames" of motions all at once. I suspect we look rather much like plants to them. Never moving, and when they "move" us, we generally don't notice.

>So if they could see into the future they would have seen the
>crash coming and avoided it.

No. Remember, they're not perceiving our "time" as "time." They may well experience something similar, but you would need to add more dimensions than four to describe it.

So...is that more or less clear than mud?

>So if they could see into the future they would have seen
>the crash coming and avoided it. Maybe that's not what you meant.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
>Maybe if we entered a 2 dimensional space we would seem to appear and
>dissapear at will when we move in the 3rd plane of direction just as possibly
>something from a 4th dimension would seem to appear and disapear at will

Exactly.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cownosecat
Okay, well me neighbor recently threw a very interesting theory at me, that UFO's are from another dimension. She claims to have at one time accessed this other dimension.

Easily debunked: our bodies are not capable of entering into higher demensions. Unless you want to pull the out-of-body experience from the majicians hat, then this is just a good story.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azathoth
Ability to change frequencies is the ability to be seen or not seen and also the ability to see other frequencies. Our atoms vibrate at a certain frequency but if you are able to change that frequency then you are able to cross over to different dimensions. How to do that? I don't know but this is my view.

You can easily change the 'frequency' at which atoms vibrate. Simply add or remove heat. I'm going to have to dissagree with this theory, as the hottest matter in the universe produces gamma rays and the coldest matter produces radio waves, all of which and everything inbetween can easily be detected.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   

So...is that more or less clear than mud?

I did follow it, and thanks for taking the time to explain. I think your explaination is interesting, but impossible to verify or be of any value, because we cannot transition to this type of dimension.

I would envision another dimension as containing other 3 dimensional beings like ourselves, but other beings could be more advanced and able to make the transition to our dimension, but even when they visit, they themselves are still only 3 dimensional. At least it would be easier for me to grasp this concept.

We cannot see or relate to 1 or 2 dimensional entities, at least that I know of. If I'm wrong please provide examples of this. So if we cannot interact with lower order entities, how can we interact with a higher one? Or how can a higher entity interact with us?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
>You can easily change the 'frequency' at which atoms vibrate.
>Simply add or remove heat.

I believe we were dicussing vibration along a different axis. Read the entire thread. Again...I don't personally care much for the "frequency" metaphor. It's too easily misinterpreted. Saying that quarks "spin" is similarly awkward.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
>I did follow it, and thanks for taking the time to explain.

You're quite welcome.

>I would envision another dimension as containing other 3
>dimensional beings like ourselves, but other beings could
>be more advanced and able to make the transition to our dimension

This could well be happening as well. It would be much better for us than what I'm proposing...we'd be much more likely to be able to defend ourselves

>We cannot see or relate to 1 or 2 dimensional entities,
>at least that I know of.

Hmm. I can conceive of it, but we probably wouldn't realize that they were conscious right away. The only problem, of course, is that there don't apepar to be any one or two dimensional creatures here in this space for us to look at.

>So if we cannot interact with lower order entities, how can we interact
>with a higher one? Or how can a higher entity interact with us?

...well...I did speculate on interaction both ways in the thread you're replying to. But, as we've agreed..."speculate." Needless to say, the lesser dimensioned creatures in any case would be at a tremendous disadvantage.

Much as I'm fond of the idea, I'll readily admit that there are less complicated alternate explanations. For example...

>as the hottest matter in the universe produces gamma rays and
>the coldest matter produces radio waves, all of which and everything
>inbetween can easily be detected.

...as this poster unintentionally reminds me, there is very likely a great range of matter that we are unable to observe. It could be that there are purely three dimesional races which are composed of matter than is transparant to all the frequences of light we can see. "Dark matter" if you will. Others have mentioned time travel. You've brought up the possibility os three dimensional races offset along a fourth dimension usign technology to transition themselves over.

It could well be that all of these phenomenon exist.

It would certainly explain why we all have such a difficult time trying to pin anything down. We're looking for one answer for a variety of phenomenon.

[edit on 6-7-2005 by LordBucket]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azathoth
Here is the fifth dimension people ready for it. Frequencies. Wavelenghts. If you are able to mingle and effect this dimension think of the possiblities. Ability to change frequencies is the ability to be seen or not seen and also the ability to see other frequencies. Our atoms vibrate at a certain frequency but if you are able to change that frequency then you are able to cross over to different dimensions. How to do that? I don't know but this is my view. I just hope others feel this is correct. The forth is believe to be time/distance. The distance between one object and another.

-Aza

[edit on 5-7-2005 by Azathoth]

this is not a theory but a fact. vibrational state is the key to it all. vibrations are the key to the higher, and lower, realms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join