It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This terrorism thing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
1-What is terrorism?.
2-Who is terrified by this -ism?.
3-How is this terror being spread?.
4-Where and how does terrorism effect you?.
5-What are terrorists?.
6-Who profits?.
7-Who will lose?.
Try not to think of it in terms of 9/11,that was a very intensive brainwashing of the public with Tv,a whole 3 weeks of solid coverage is a dead giveaway.
I feel for the families and all who were effected by this,but please keep the emotions out of it,they only haze over the true issues here.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
1) Terrorism is the manipulation of public opinion through acts of violence that fall without the realms of accepted warfare.

2) Those who can't see it for what it is.

3) Our own media. Our own ignorance.

4) Me personally? Indirectly it probably hits me financially. Other than that, I don't lose sleep over it.

5) They are people who are outcasts. Weak individuals whose main weapon is praying on the ignorance and fear of others.

6) The terrorists themselves profit. So do arms manufacturers, security companies.

7) The main loser is the cause that the terrorist is fighting for.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Check out this site. It explains one of the most notorious attacks the global community has seen. And this is believed to have been the start of the horrible trend of inhumanity...

History lesson

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
1) Terrorism is the manipulation of public opinion through acts of violence that fall without the realms of accepted warfare.

This would be incorrect. As terrorism is random acts of violence perpetrated on CIVILIAN targets. If it were random acts of violence perpetrated on MILITARY or GOVERNMENTAL targets it could be classified as guerilla warfare and possibly considered within the realm of accepted warfare. Terrorism, by definition, can NOT fall within "accepted warfare".

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
That you mentioned arms manufacturers profit from the -ism,if everyone were able to defend
themselves,would the -ism spread as easily as it does?.

Would the -ists be as brazen in their acts?.

When someone is robbed outside of an airport,do you think that just possibly the robbers KNOW with pretty much certainty that they will be unarmed?,hmmm?.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Terrorist are the worst society has, as they have fallen from the grasp of hope and lost any remaining humanity they once had. The worst part of it all, is that many of them/terrorists were lost when only children...look at South Africa and I'm sure everyone has seen or heard of the baby bombers...

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
On our government,the more powerful our government becomes,the more helpless we become.

Is it a stretch to think maybe this is somehow profiting them?.

look how the definition of -ist has changed as far as what our government considers to be an act of -ism.

I sincerely hope that what I see is a mis-understanding on my part,but history has a way of repeating itself.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Terrorism, by definition, can NOT fall within "accepted warfare".

Um. That's what I said?

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Who was it that decided what was acceptable warfare?,who has the authority to tell us how our sons and daughters will die "acceptably"?.IMHO there are no acceptable forms of warfare,when it becomes a war,everything acceptable is out the window.

Governments have wars,we just pay the price.
"Terrorism does not exist outside of the minds of those who are terrified by it"

I feel for those who lost loved ones in the 9/11 fiasco,but that was a while back,I have lost loved ones too,the ones who died in the WTC aren't any more dead than those who I remember so fondly.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Terrorism, by definition, can NOT fall within "accepted warfare".

Um. That's what I said?

Hey, guess what's worse than misreading some one's words. Quoting them and still misreading them.

I'm a retard. Sorry Leveller.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I'm a retard. Sorry Leveller.

Hell no. You're no retard.
Easy mistake to make.
I could go on about how bad my grammar and choice of words are but other people do that for me enough here!!

I do owe you one now though!!!

But back to the topic.
Unbalanced. "Acceptable warfare" is the type of warfare that the majority of our population deems morally acceptable. Note the word "majority".
That is why terrorism is such a powerful weapon. It hits at what the majority find unpalatable.
People are afraid of death at the best of times. If they find the manner of that death morally unacceptable as well, a lot of fear is generated.
Terrorists are merely picking up and manipulating that fear to use it on the majority.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I don't ever remember being asked what I think to be morally acceptable murder,it must have been agreed upon by some of those guys who start all the fights but never fight the fights.
As for terrorists,a government out of control,that is the only thing that terrifies me.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
I don't ever remember being asked what I think to be morally acceptable murder,it must have been agreed upon by some of those guys who start all the fights but never fight the fights.

You are asked every time your country goes to the polls.

Terms of Engagement are normally drawn up within international laws.

top topics

join