It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rejected for the Dutch Army....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I was trying to join the Army, but having no high school diploma I had to do a capacity test to see what level I was on, I failed this test, and most people in that class room failed because it's too hard, you get 6 minutes for a whole list of difficult questions, I was one of them who failed, I trained, I got back in shape, I wrecked my self, I did anything I could possibly do, I was motivated, I am knowledgable about the Army and still that wasn't enough, I didn't even get a physcial test nor a psychological test because I failed at the capacity test....I was not a happy camper...

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I was trying to join the Army, but having no high school diploma I had to do a capacity test to see what level I was on, I failed this test, and most people in that class room failed because it's too hard, you get 6 minutes for a whole list of difficult questions, I was one of them who failed, I trained, I got back in shape, I wrecked my self, I did anything I could possibly do, I was motivated, I am knowledgable about the Army and still that wasn't enough, I didn't even get a physcial test nor a psychological test because I failed at the capacity test....I was not a happy camper...

that sucks...

i guess, there should not be a test to test "your smarts" when trying to join an army...

i mean, does a person's ability to do math have anything to do with an actual combat event???

i think not...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
That's the thing that bugs me most...I'm sure i'd be more than capable to work in the Army.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
for the army unless you are an officer they could care less what you know about the army, since all they want is a body they can train to be a grunt. Sad honest truth

My only suggestion is to get a high school equivilance, the States have a GED. Tho I heard you can get "high school diplomas" from an online site of the same name

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Unfortunately, nowadays, education has become so important, in virtually every corner of the world, that a Bachelor Degree (USofA) or it's equivalent is almost as common as a High School Diploma was back when I was a youngster.

I suggest, and you may not want to hear it, get back in school, and stay there until you get a degree. You are fast becoming an oddity in the "civilized" world.

The Military looks at things like your education with a weathered eye. Per their philosophy, if you didn't have enough determination to finish your schooling (at least high school) then how much determination and guts would you have to take on a mission of some complication.

A side note to "They See All". I suspect there are a good may non-officers in the various world military forces who would look at you and laugh. It takes a much smarter person to be a successful combatant than you might think. Once you start getting into the Special Ops outfits, you need very high caliber people of extreme ntelligence to pull of many of their types of operations, successfully.; Smarter people (read educated here) survive much better, and longer than not so smart (read uneducated here) people.

It sort of boils down to brains over brawn.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I am in the Dutch Army as field soldier position sniper, and never had a capacity test when I was trying to submit in the Army, where did you apply, I applied in Den Haag at KMA acedmy it was straight forward I believe.

by the way where do you live in region of province in Holland I live in Amsterdam.

Ik denk dat het wel racist is dat het nederlandse land macht niet jouw heeft ge accepteerd.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Clan db is allied to The Dutch Army.

Oh, not that Dutch Army.

Sorry. :bnghd:

top topics

join