It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

civilian inmate labor program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I know the subject of prison camps has cropped up before here on ATS, but i was interested to come across this earlier on today. It is a army document from a certain "Dean Rhody". I will try to post the image:

Its a bit hard to read, so i thought i would type it out for you all:

Subject: Draft Army Regulation on Civilian Inmate Labor Program

1: enclosed for your review and comment is the draft army regulation on civilian inmate labor utilization and establishing prison camps on army installations. The draft regulation is the compilation of all policy message,
Civilian Inmate Labor Oversight Committee policy decisions and lessons learned to date. The new regulation will provide the following:

a. Policy for civilian inmate utilizations on installations

b. Procedures for preparing requests to establish civilian inmate labor programs on installations.

c. Procedures for preparing requests to establish civilian prison camps on installations.

2: The regulation will not be official until the printed copies are distributed. Therefore, draft should not be circulated as an official document.

3. Please forward your comments on DA Form....

and then it goes on about something else, but i got too lazy to type it :-)

Anyway, i dont know if it means anything. There are also a couple of links showing "concentration camps":

concentration camps

and also "pre-made prison cells":

pre-made prison cells

again, dont know how true this all is. The fact that they are there, seems to be of no doubt. Whether or not they are to be used for innocent civilians, remains to be seen

In case the picture does not show up (the one of the document), here is the link to that as well:

document

geek101

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
the document came up quite bigger than i had imagined it would. So really no need for me to type the text of it after all

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Prisons are already putting inmates to work. Ever see a bunch of guys in khaki or orange jump suits picking up trash along the highway

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Majestic12 wrote:

Prisons are already putting inmates to work. Ever see a bunch of guys in khaki or orange jump suits picking up trash along the highway

...that is why i put "innocent" civilians. And why i put camps and prison cells in commas. See, this thought crossed my mind too. All these prison camps, maybe they are just for criminals. But that does beg the question, why are they empty as of yet?
I live in the UK, so dont know too much about the USA prison system, but if its anything like here, prisons are overcrowded. So why arent they using them, if thats what they are for?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Our prisons are crowded, but not over-crowded. Maybe these camps are to be used when the prisons finally reach full capacity?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Ignoring the fact that this was drafted in 1994, and nothing has ever come out about any progression of this project, I will say this:

Why not put the prisoners to work? I think they owe a debt to society, and should be totally expected to work thier debts off. That being said, I do not think its a good idea for the military to ever take over a job that a civilian agency can do just as effectivly. Once the military involoves itself in certain matters, its like a slippery slope for erroded freedoms.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
att:Majestic12
I dont know if you have ever been to jail or prison but i have and believe me, they are very overcrowded. why do you think gov. funding for the D.O.C is never mentioned in the news ? The answr is because D.O.C always gets what they want. New penitentaries and Supermax prisons are being built as we speak.

top topics

join