It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a conspiracy theorist ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I just would like to know how many ATS'ers are conspiracy theorists.

Please, explain you choice...

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
...I'm sure the conspiracy theory is true. Because since centuries, power always keep in the same hands (Rotschilds, rockfeller...).

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I voted "YES". There's things in this world which we know nothing about and are highly powerful people infulence most issuse in the world.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
A few people control the many. It is the way things have been for literally centuries.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
No, I am not. I have found thta for most conspiracy theories you must stand on your head, pinch your left nipple, and whistle some iundisclosed tune in order to make them "make sense". In that position, just about anything will make sense.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Who me? Noooooooooooo

Everything is normal, turn your TV back on. Nothing to worry about.

theres just too much shifty shady crap goign on not to suspect that thiers something more than meets the eye.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
IMHO,if you can't see a conspiracy,you are choosing to remain blind to it.

jra

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'd have to say no, but i remain openminded as best i can and look at it logicly and with some common sence.

in my opinion, if all you see are conspiracy's, you are choosing to see what you want to see and become blinded to those ideas. the truth we all seek may not be anything like we expect.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Anyone who denies there may be a conspiracy is just being careful not to look like they may be a conspiracy theorist,since all conspiracy theorists are nutcases,or so we have been conditioned to believe.

Chicken

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Since the Gulf war , the British government have only told the truth when its been pulled kicking and screaming from them!

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
For those who are interested in the dysfunctional group processes that occur in these small tight-knit policy-making groups, I reference:

Janis, I.L. (1982). Groupthink: Psychological Studies of Policy Decisions and Fiascoes (2nd ed.). Houghton Mifflin.

Basically, Janis (1982) asserts that there are measurable symptoms of groupthink:

1. Illusion of Invulnerability

2. Stereotyping Outsiders

3. Bounded rationality and tethered assumptions

4. Belief in Inherent Morality

5. Self-Censorship

6. Direct Pressure on Dissenters

7. Mindguards

And there is also something called social diffusion of responsibility that is also happening in these groups, this is how they manage to escape feeling guilt for the negative consequences of their actions:

Social diffusion of responsibility reflects a belief that the presence of other people in a situation makes one less personally responsible for the events that occur in that situation.

sol.brunel.ac.uk...

The link is pretty good at explaining it, but if you get a chance go check out the Janis book, he outlines several real historical events using official, documented government sources. His work also has implications for efficacy of long-term group "expressive" psychotherapy.

[Edited on 16-8-2003 by MKULTRA]

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Anytime two or more people get together and work towards a common goal, it's a conspiracy. The world is full of them, nothing gets done without the support of one or more conspiracies.

Having said that, there are specific conspiracies that people believe in that are the real concern. Fraternal orders, international think-tanks, secret societies...these organizations do exist and the..#))^ a@ :no carrier:

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yes i am.. there is allways secrets that goverments dont tell their people.. something criminal that they do or just something they think that people cant handle..

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
That all depends. Theorist? Probably not. In order to be a theorist, you have to be the one who came up with the theory. There are so many out there, I don't think I've ever come up with one that hasn't already been in circulation. I doubt anyone here has, really. These are all just ideas that are passed around. You just happened to read about them and possibly agree that it may be true, right?

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Yes I believe the conspiricy therioes. Not every one Ive heard of, but the majority of them.

On most of the famous ones, the more you look, the more it becomes evident that the information is being so soundingly denied, and all the real documentation lost or sealed, that the effort put forth, more than proves that someone is hiding the real truth.

The disheartining item is that we as a public will never know the real truth, only the truth those in power want us to know.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I chose yes, after all, why else would I be here?

I just think there are too many coincidences in the world, and of course it is human nature to keep secrets...

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Is that what helps those greedy fkn politicos to live with themselves?,yes,they can say to us,'if you were concerned ,you should have paid attention while we were having secret meetings about your retirement plan',if it weren't kept secret it would be different.No?,Maybe?.
This is a very complicated thing we have here,supporting those in power when we really are not allowed to know what exactly it is that they are trying to achieve,but some still support them blindly,like the religion they inherited from their parents,who inherited it from theirs.
Da!!!.
It is all a lie.
It is also quite meaningless.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Of course I am. I find it funny to see Skadi's post, things like "Don't worry, your Gov. isn't lying to you ! They tell you only truth etc...", being it sarcastic or not ( I hope it's sarcastic, else it'd be only pure ignorance)

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
morbid

It is not necessary to question Skadi's motives in my opinion.

The Evil Elf is well switched on, and when it says 'Don't Worry, The Government Isn't Lying To You' it means things are normal, everything is under control, consume - be silent - die.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
What maybe conspiracy to some people is common knowledge to others, so I guess it's your perspective.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join